Who is going to miss Fire the way it was?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Stone Chewer, Jul 19, 2014.

1. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Nope, wont miss it at all... Hello new fire. :D
    • Like x 4
  2. Stone Chewer New Player

haha at least your honest
  3. Del Maestro Well-Known Player

i guess its going to come down to what you want to do more the am or wm. personally i am tired of wm loadouts, and evenam on other powers is bascially the same wm combo burst/pet recharge/refresh. im all in on this AM. so while going full precision or even a precision lean is out. this is way i found the test thread finds interesting. it would have made it easier to go back and forth between mechanics.

but if your testing is correct, im gonna straight might. wm will still be used but ill def be hurting in those situations. But if im gonna use mass det extensively, im not gonna sell myself short with my modding.

what do you mean "go back to the old mass d"? the splitting? IDK, that may be a little OP. it splits at 2 now, i dont remember what it use to split at, but say you make that number 4, thats doubling the damage. id like to see the damage range tightened, obviously towards the high end. imo the range on mass det has always been way to big
  4. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

I'll probably change powers.
    • Like x 1
  5. Stone Chewer New Player

Yeah for Maximum damage in either of those areas it either wm and prec or am and might. And if you still plan on using wm with am you could always go prec/might in red to get a little more damage out of your weapon.

And so far my testing has proven to be consistent, I first played full might against a player then went back and went prec/might with that same player, and a third time with full prec (all 3 of these were with wm) and the second time i had more dps than the first and the third time i had more dps than the second. If you have test server and have tested different mods out as well, I would like to hear your feedback on what you came up with.

And what I was saying about Mass Det. to its old days was... There used to be no split, if you hit 8k on one target you would hit 8k on all targets. But even if they changed it to were it doesnt split until after four targets that would definitely improve the damage alot, also if they make it hit more consistent numbers rather than jumping from 2k - 10k.
  6. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I love Fires new update and AM. The Devs have done well. Although I still think WM fire dps will do more damage then AM fire dps.
  7. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

fire is the most nerfed power of all. something tells me you're not a player who experienced how op it REALLY used to be. me being a former fire tank, i'd love to see fire get it's old shine back. but, in regards to this update, i believe it's only favoring the dps side of it. so, nothing for me to get too excited about.
  8. Stone Chewer New Player

WM is more damage than AM any day
  9. Stone Chewer New Player

Not sure if this comment was intended for me. But I have played as Fire for the last 2 years. I know how fire was before the Fire/Ice update, how it is currently, and how its going to be after this update. Not sure if you have read other post in this thread but I'm pretty sure I mentioned that already.
    Also for Fire tanking I have also stated that if it got back the heals it used to have and got a Fire pull most Fire users would be satisfied with it. And this update is favoring DPS side, if you had read what the Dev's posted they said they were only going to do DPS side for this update to get the AM out there for Fire. Tank side is coming in another update further down the road. Again not sure if this comment was for me or if you read anything prior to what you posted but we have been over most of that in this thread.
  10. Saybro Committed Player

I think he was just saying fire as a whole has been nerfed to **** and it has. It continues to get ninja nerfs. That's what made me switch. I do like the new SC (still should cast burning) and the mobile mass det. It was definitely needed and shortened (FINALLY). But it's still inconsistent, Fireburst remains and mid range attack which is just...w/e lol. New mech is pretty awesome, but they need to pick a pi. Either volatility or burning and make immolation work like it should. If something is on fire, fire should benefit from it. I know later down the road they'll address tanking more but The list for earth, electric, and hard light was long. Ours was about as long as this post. Hopefully more changes come though!
  11. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

When you say you're doing Prec/Might, do you mean using the split mods or alternating Prec/Might mods? You get more efficient stat boosts overall using the split mods; for example:
    • Might V Expert: 50 Might
    • Precision V Expert: 51 Precision
    • Precision & Might V Expert: 36 Precision, 35 Might
    That means two Precision & Might mods (72 Precision, 70 Might) is significantly better than having 1 Precision and 1 Might mod (51 Precision, 50 Might). Since I am always mixing weapon and fire damage and that exact mix changes based on the content, for the red slots I lean toward the split version with better overall stats.

The harder decision is whether to use Precision or Might in the slots with yellow or blue affinities. There I think people are going to be pushed toward picking WM vs. AM and having a bias toward one type of damage.
  12. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Will I miss it as it is now? Absolutely.

I will miss Spont for everything that it is now. :(
    I will especially miss how few in number Fire Dps are now.

What I will welcome is that Mobile Mass Det more than anything. I just hope that I still don't cast and get super low hits. It's kinda what I dislike about it now.

I'm certain that anyone who can currently fare well with fire dl DPS now should have no problems adjusting to the update.

I still am looking forward to a tanking update...............one day
  13. Del Maestro Well-Known Player

Unfortunately I play on the ps4 so no testing for me. I'll definitely be leaving feedback once it his live. Problem is I just don't have enough fe6 to try each student combo of mods. I actually have just four so I'll probably keep my reds mods prec might and change the other precision mods to might. I don't really play competitive and usually just pug. I think in a pug group I can hold my own with am (hopefully)

And with mass det, I wish it went back to the old way also, but you don't think that could be a little op? I've seen it crit for around 15 on some videos. If it didn't split that might be too much. But more consistent number? That's what should be implemented. Preferably towards the higher end
    • Like x 1
  14. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

if you're the op of this thread, then yes, my message was absolutely directed towards you. you say you've been playing as fire for two years? i've been in the game for three, since late feb 2011, and fire was my very first power. so, no you're not one of those who experienced how op it REALLY was. As far as the fire tanking side, i think all of us who were die-hard fire users in it's glory days all want fire tanking to be what it used to be. that's pretty much a given and nothing you really have to give reassurance on. only thing i was unsure of was everything they're doing for fire of this particular update. i'm one of the players who suffered from the soe access issue this past week, so i wasn't able to keep up on all of the latest news as of lately. therefore, i don't need the smart alec responses of "if you read", thanks.
  15. Stone Chewer New Player

Fire was also my first power and I have stuck with it and worked with its ups and downs, I am guessing you can't say the same. Your point on how "op" Fire used to be is just sad, you are just saying you stopped using Fire because it is not longer "op", how about like the power for the power and learn how to use it with out it being "op". It seems you are the kind of player that just switches from power to power, if I had to take a guess I would say at one point you were celestial, and now in your signature you are rage. So you hop from one "op" power to the next. And I'm sure back when you used fire you were the one that would spam fireburst over and over to get damage. I find that rather boring and find having to work hard to keep up with everyone else is more fun than having an "op" power where I only use 1 power repeatedly. And all I said about Fire tanking is my opinion on it which i clearly stated and the fact that the Dev's had stated that they were going to work on it in the future. Nothing I said about Fire tanking was inaccurate. And I get that maybe you had access issues this past week but the Dev's posted that a while ago, and on top of that instead of reading other updates before coming here and ranting why would you not just read up on what might have changed. Nothing you have brought to this thread has been usefull it seems you are only here to start a pointless argument. If you have nothing to contribute, please do not bother posting here again.
  16. Stone Chewer New Player

I have tried all different moddings on test server, the example i provided was just one of them. For WM full prec is the way to go because no matter what your might is your wm power crits will hit the same. And I completly agree you will have to pick your mods based off of whether you want to go WM or AM.
  17. Stone Chewer New Player

I am a huge fan of Spon and the way it is now. I would of liked to see the devs make Det the AOE and leave Spon the way it was... And i am also not looking forward to all the people that will switch to fire, I like being one of the few. Those that use Fire now should have no problem at all if they stay with WM if they go AM then they might need a little touching up.

They have made a slight few changes to tanking so far, not enough but I think they are trying to give us a little change on it for now.
  18. TrueOlympus New Player

The new WM style fore Fire is superior to the old in every conceivable way thanks to the new Spontaneous Combustion. The Awesome mechanic is fresh, cool and with a few tweaks could potentially be the best AM to date.

There is no new fire, because the old fire wasn't replaced. None of the changes prevent you from DPS'ing the old way.
  19. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

first of all, why do you have such an attitude and where did all of that even come from? my intent was never to start an argument for one, but seemingly how you don't know how to talk to people, you're bringing that on yourself. this may be your thread, but there's no reason for you to get high and mighty at the moment. so, let's get that out of the way entirely. secondly, your assumption of me as a player is entirely false; i was an extremely loyal fire tank. while every group shouting for ice tanks was pushing fire tanks to the side, i was a fire tank who set out to prove the doubters wrong AND I DID! so, don't you dare throw that label at me. i've been around long enough to witness every phase of what fire has gone through, while you haven't. also meaning, i've been a fire tank longer than you've played. i loved everything about fire, i just grew tired of the constant nerfing that was brought on to the power and the fire/ice revamp from many months ago was the last straw. i never said anything of what you stated about fire is inaccurate. based upon how you approached me in the first response, i only gave you clarification that i don't need the reassurance that everyone will be satisfied once they supposedly revive the fire tanking abilities. all of us fire tanks want that, that's a given, therefore the need for you to mention that wasn't necessary.

as far as me being a rage tank, i knew from the day they did the first livestream about the rage power trees that i wanted to try it. sometimes you need something fresh and new to relieve stress, that's what rage has done for me. you have the audacity to sit there and say i'm wrong for that? there's no way you should be allowed to use that against me to judge who i am as a player or a tank because that's garbage. but, let me offer you some reassurance while we're on the subject pal. i did say in my first message that i'd love to see fire get it's old shine back, which is positive contribution to your thread. all i want is for the power i grew to enjoy most (FIRE) to be as dominant as it was before. if they're doing that or better in a later update, then great. i also stated the rumor i heard of the upcoming update was that the fix would only favor the dps side, but i wasn't sure. at that point, since you're the op of the thread, which discusses just that supposedly, maybe you could've given a brief clarification instead of giving a rude smart alec remark. regardless, that questions answered now, so i guess i can thank you. and this "why don't you read" jab you keep giving, even as i told you my reason for why i havent been on the forums over the course of the week you still want to throw that in my face? i'm someone who has played longer than you and someone who is even been more active in the forums than you. so, who are you to really treat me in such a way? no one at all. you need to check yourself man, seriously. i'm done here, don't worry about me coming back. if you reply to this, i won't even bother to open it from my alerts; good riddance.
    • Like x 1
  20. Del Maestro Well-Known Player

only problem with detonate as an aoe instead of SC is its 35 % mod. But earth has that with striking stones, and theres ways around it (a really long WM combo like shield, so you can clip with reinforce) I honestly feel SC will allow fire to creep towards the top tier because of its modifier.
    • Like x 1