Which powersets benefit from being close range?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Mystere, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Mystere Well-Known Player

Quantum
    Munitions
    Sorcery
    Earth
    HL?

Powersets with abilities that hit notably harder that have a short range
    Mental
    Gadgets
    Ice
    Fire
    Celestial
    Rage?

Powers where range doesn't matter
    Nature
    Electricity

Did I miss any?
  2. Here2Help Devoted Player

Nature's roar does more damage when closer to the target.
    • Like x 1
  3. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

'Splosion is the only power from the Munitions power set that benefits from close range, simply because its AoE it's not very wide and it's centered around the character. Pump action shotgun is a power that makes more damage when nearer, but I can't think of a single reason why anyone might want it in his loadout.

The only power that makes a different amount of damage dependently by the distance from the target is Quantum.

Rage's most damaging powers hit at a melee distance.

Celestial offers various possibilities, so that you can have a mid range or long range loadout. Same goes for Nature and other powers.

Ice is more effective on mid range, but some people prefer to use avalanche against mobs, to hit a wider number of targets and for the juggling effect.

You can't really classify the powers by range. It truly depends by the loadout.
  4. Remander Steadfast Player

Celestial has no variation in damage with range. There are melee combos, but they don't produce any more damage than the ranged combos. In fact, you tend to lose damage.
  5. Pults Loyal Player

What about consume soul? I think it's combo only works in close range.
  6. Derio 15000 Post Club

Celestial combo is mid to long range, there is no combo that requires you to be close range. Even consume soul comboed to Wrath of the presence is now a mid range combo.
    • Like x 1
  7. Remander Steadfast Player

Only close range combos are AcB and BcA.
  8. Mystere Well-Known Player

My op should have read powersets that benefit from being mid range or closer.

The second category is still correct as those powersets have at least one important power that requires mid range or closer
  9. Owl Devoted Player

Nature and Electricity each have a Melee range DOT as part of the Advanced Mechanic: Savage Growth, Electroburst
  10. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

All powersets do better damage close up.

Munitions - Splosion
    Mental - Mass Terror does more damage if you are in melee than at Mid-Range
    Rage - Almost full loadout
    HL - Melee HL combo and Impact and Ram get extra damage ticks
    Gadgets - EMP
    Earth and Sorcery - Pet do extra damage (Earth has totem and Sorcery has Soul Well)
    Nature - Roar
    Quantum - Increase damage at close range

The point is each powerset should see an increase as you get closer to your target.
  11. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Every single power in Munitions AM loadout gets a higher damage modifier inside on 12 m, it's not just splosion
  12. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Almost everyone of them benefits From Being full melee/Mid ranged. HL, Mental, Quantum, Fire, Ice, gadgets, Munitions, Earth, Sorcery, Nature. The only other two that aren't benefiting from that is Celestial and Electric.
  13. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

And I Mean't to Include rage, but I can't edit my post due to firefox being buggy -_-