Which power should I choose for Battle Healer?!?!

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Raikam, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Raikam New Player

I am using electricity now. But I wonder how celestial and sorcery happen. When there is Battle Healer, which one do you think is better as heal and dps?
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There's no such role. None of the healer powersets can do any significant amount damage without making cutbacks to the group's survivability.

If you want to feel like you're doing something extra and have the SP to spare you could spec into a viable cross weapon combo like Dual wield-Bow Flurry or Brawling-Shuriken Storm.
    • Like x 4
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

What Lorax said is spot on. (This time I meant to say Lorax!)

If you're a new player and trying to have a survival build for solo content/ maybe a build for older duos then have at it. But please don't heal a raid or alert like this.

I use sorcery so if I'm "battle healing" I use all dps gear while in healer role. Half might augs, half resto. Sorcery has pets so I'll use guardian because he's aoe and you can swap in fury for the boss fight. Run a shield, and use all dps moves that have a bit of healing to them. Artifacts, I use all dps ones. You would pretty much do the same for any powerset. This is how I solo bounties like Starro/ Deluge or if I'm doing elite raids solo.

But to reiterate, battle healing is pointless in group content. Healers have a 35% damage reduction while in healer role. So any dps can play like absolute garbage and probably still top you. If you're looking to make friends/ connections in this game, playing as a battle heal will not help.

If you've maxed both roles/ all your augs and artis and are just bored and want a new build, also another story. You would need about 450-500sp to be a remotely capable battle healer.
  4. Berza Committed Player

Battle healing is only suitable for content you are overgeared, requires high SP, high artifacts and usually non-meta ones, and specially a high level of knowledge about your powerset. So if you want to do it, be sure to learn carefully about your powerset and how to heal with it. And be sure your healing stats are high enough (my full heal build is around 51k resto and 10k Dom, my battle heal build is around 45k resto and about the same Dom).

Edit: I did some stalking and I absolutely DO NOT suggest you (if your toon is the same as your forum name) to try to battle heal.
  5. Whodini Well-Known Player

Not exactly battle healing, but after resto I like putting my points into precision. Might not amount to much, but since I'm continually doing weapon combos to help out with power regeneration...it makes me feel like I'm contributing a teeny bit more lol.
    • Like x 1
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I tried that too. Just was more beneficial to spec into might and power lately due to everyone wanting buff trolls. Between speccing hybrid and 100sp into power, buff trolls haven't been too bad to work with.
  7. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Battle-Healing is possible just like battle-tanking. There's a bigger audience of people running with metal builds however, a hybrid build requires you to know everything about your role and power. You also need high skill points. Celestial is a good power for battle-healing because of their weapon buff. I think it's BcM or McB pretty sure it's BcM. The point I'm trying to get across is that that power or combo allows your precision attacks to heal up to 7 or 8 allies/players. So if you have high precision, your attacks will heal for more. I'm not that familiar with battle-healing only with atomic battle-tanking. Weapon Expert gives 10% precision while Hybrid spec gives you 10% to might and 5% to the rest of your stats which helps with restoration and dominance. As far as artifacts go, I can't help you there but I bet there are different ways you can go about that.

You should consider who you run with because now we have players or healers saying they can heal even players with Larnae's Amulet but guess what, you're always going to encounter someone whose trying to tell you how to play even if the instance has no wipes and everything is going fine. I always wanted to fully explore battle-healing but I despise having so low of a defense unlike a tank. Atomic tank is the only power I feel comfortable with. It has really high base defense without doing anything. It has powers that heals you and you have to use your attacking powers to heal so you're benefiting from might. But battle-healing is possible because it's been done before.