When will they Discontinue PS3 Support?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by CountryBoyof74, Feb 1, 2017.

1. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

Personally, I can't wait 'til they drop the PS3 so we won't get any more of these threads.

I'm really looking forward to the "When will they drop the PS4?" threads, though.
    • Like x 1
  2. bmce84 Loyal Player

It will happen very soon, it doesn't matter how much money it makes or how many players it has, or even if it makes the console work better on newer system (which isn't actually true as the engine has a lot of issues that they can't fix), it will happen. PS4 is already more than half way to reaching the sales number of the PS3, meaning if they can't get more players in the PS4 it isn't because of the PS3, it's simply that people don't care about the game. And if you can afford hundreds on replays and cash capsules, you can buy a PS4. Oh also Sony is losing money with the PS3 since they can't force you to get PS+ on it for any game. The console will be dropped soon enough, DCUO can either start preparing it's players now, or do the usual thing and just wait until the last minute to announce anything, but it will happen and they know it.
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

It will happen when PSN drops their PS3 support and that is when Daybreak will have to support the PS3 through monetary means.

2yrs ago Larry Liberty in an interview reported that PS4 accounts for 54% of their revenue. That was 2 years ago and the PS4 sales has doubled since then.

So right now I think they are holding on to PS3 due to the potential customers they can have from that console as well as their current but small playerbase that is still on PS3 which happens to be larger than the PC playerbase.
    • Like x 3