When to mod my gear

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Skyris Allen, May 23, 2016.

1. Skyris Allen Well-Known Player

I've been gone for a while and now I'm looking to get back into things. I need advise on modding gear my gear through progression. I've just reached Cr 106 and have VI expert in all my 93-96 IL gear. I've looked ahead online and seen there's ton of Vendor gear and loot drop gear down the road .

The Question is should I keep exo recovering all the way up then use my VIII plan for highest gear
    or use synthetics till I get to certain point ?
    I was think of going synthetic until I'm get to highest teir vendor item and then mod that gear with VI,s. Then when I get Raid gear which I'm assuming will be higher than The vendor gear I'll mod that with my VIII plans I've been sidelining..
    I'm a healer if that helps with advise.
    Thanks in advance for any help
  2. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Betas in your Crit affinities until you reach the top gear, in my opinion.

Even then, Betas are fine really.

Reason: You'll be getting better gear left and right, so it's almost a waste of time.
    • Like x 1
  3. AdaptiveAndroid Well-Known Player

If I were you I would only mod my crit affinities with a beta until you get to end game. Once you get to end game I would start putting VIII's.
  4. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Copycat ! :p
    • Like x 1
  5. AdaptiveAndroid Well-Known Player

LOL I didn't even read all of yours. Great minds think alike?
    • Like x 1
  6. HarleyBiker142 Well-Known Player

Honistly just use alpha and bata modes to get the bonuses. I only use VII on max gear only...now we got VIII modes. As of white mods I start activating them around t5 to t6 continent. I'm going to create a gadgets toon Friday after the world resets. I'm going to power level him from 0 to t7 in one day. Already have done it on three other toons. I will broadcast it on twitch. So people can see the easy way to lvl up fast. From 0 to lvl 30 takes the longest. T1 to t5 is a breeze. Hitting t6 you got to do the solos to get passed a minor hump there is another mini or hump in late t6. My last toon didn't see that..it got lucky. I will show people what to buy from venders and spend the least amount of marks to maintain a high marks count and the best cr gain from content loot drops. I only use replay bages on Raven t5 to jump but I'm might skip that this time to help people who don't use replays.
  7. Skyris Allen Well-Known Player

Thanks a lot guys I've been gone for a while came back and felt overwhelm with new stuff. I'm going take advise y'all advise and also move at steady pace to get my Sp's up only 124 right now.
    You guys really save me thanks so much
    • Like x 1
  8. Veritasum Loyal Player

As others have said, beta all the way until you get the best available gear. You can also mix in the synthetics that have better stats since they're fairly cheap for an active player.
  9. Beefiest Cakes Committed Player

If you only play support role and have another skill points, wait until endgame.

If not use synthetic mods when you reach the beginning of T6. Always craft mods for end game raid gear.
  10. Derio 15000 Post Club

Use betas or synthetics until you reach endgame.