When Enough is Enough with the Game Crashing Devs?!?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Proxystar #Perception

Seriously, this stuff is starting to become all again to much of a common occurence.

Occurences where this is happening daily are when you're loading up the game and closing the dialogue boxes for the first time, I don't have an issue you've got this advertising in the game, but when it starts to cause almost consistent daily crashing it starts to become increasingly annoying.

I also don't know why it's forced to load:-

1. an advertising splash screen;
    2. the marketplace
    3. the welcome dialogue information screen

Does it really need to force load the marketplace upon launch of the game? The other two are bad enough, but to load the marketplace as well, the players aren't idiots we're quite capable of loading the marketplace if we want to buy something without it being thrown in our face upon launch.

Secondly it seems at certain times the game is getting overwhelmed in content and is again crashing, it's also crashing when warping between bases and other zones.

This needs to be sorted out, I love playing DC Universe Online, but it is by far, by far the worst game I play in terms of crashes no other game I play has crashes like this one or even daily restarts for that matter, but that's nother topic.

Come on devs, these needs to be sorted out a bit, thanks.
    • Like x 8
  2. nawanda Loyal Player

I crash near enough every day.

It’s really bad when you crash in a raid and don’t get invited back.
    • Like x 4
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I haven't had any issues crashing out of a content run or anything, but there have been a couple times where the game crashed on me while switching characters during my usual Vault runs.

Don't remember any error codes but I think the text mentioned something about a data issue.
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i just dc'd but this time instead of getting that blue screen that lets you type in what the issue is it just brought back to my selection screen and i just opened the game up again.

i must have dc'd maybe 4 or 5 times that past few days.

im experiencing some pretty nasty lag. i see health bars drop to zero but the toon takes a few extra seconds to drop and i'm experiencing invulnerable ads. they take no damage for a few hits then just drop.
  5. tokidokij Active Player

The majority of times when I dc is either when I'm switching characters or warp rallying. I've experienced really bad lag the past weekend, especially in FI, but other than that, haven't been really dc'ing. Maybe you might have to uninstall/reinstall the game?
  6. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Yeah... after getting in game, on average it takes about 10 minutes for things to "settle down". I can't do anything (access inventory, warp, que up for instances) until the game has finished with all its notifications. That marketplace one is the worst.

On top of that, every time I enter the watchtower, I get that pop up screen asking me to enter my email address to daybreak (which usually causes my character to drop to the ground mid-flight) ... this makes me not want to give it to them even more. :mad:
  7. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

this game has been in beta development for nearly a decade now...lord knows theyll keep trying...and well keep playing
  8. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

The welcome stuff isn't too bad for me, but in alerts and raids, when game is loading into another instance, players are still getting bounced from the game.

... with the thread title, I feel obligated to put ...

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It really is super annoying losing people in transitions between zones in these operations. People even crash when using that tele-porter between floors on Oa. Stupid guardians, why couldn’t you have built stairs like the rest of the universe!
    • Like x 1
  10. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Crashed 3 times already. I guess we going back to thoose dark times:(
  11. Awsome Well-Known Player

I have to be honest with all of you. The crashing is most likely all on your end.

While it would be nice for DBG to always make sure that its game is completely compatible with every component out there, they just don't have the staff to worry about that.

I never crash. Not anymore. I used to crash 2-3 times a day. Then I found out that Razer keyboards and mice software (synapse) conflicts with the game. I uninstalled the software and my game hasn't crashed once since.

My point is, there is likely a way to fix your crashing issues if you just do some research.
    • Like x 1
  12. Raven Roth Committed Player

Just another day in Disconnect Universe Online
    • Like x 2
  13. Darth Piper Loyal Player

There. Fixed it for you.
    • Like x 2
  14. Darth Piper Loyal Player

How many of us programmer/engineer types are looking at this going, "MEMORY LEAK"... basically addressing a memory space out-of-bounds, failing to properly clean up memory and variables properly...

Of course, it could be in Unreal Engine 3, not the game code itself... and that kind of fix requires Unreal to do something about it. Given that Unreal 3 is as old as it is, it might be end-of-life and DBG will have to upgrade to UE4 or later... and that is no small undertaking.
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m on Playstation as are many others suffering from this issue. No other game I have ever had in my life on any system, including OPEN BETAS have ever crashed as frequently as this game does. Stop trying to shift the blame.
    • Like x 2
  16. Awsome Well-Known Player

I
    You are right, I should have prefaced my statement with PC players only. I never played on the PS so I can not comment on that.
  17. Zneeak Devoted Player

Not sure if you've been living under a rock or what not, but the issues of crashing has been around for quite some time now for both PS and especially PC and as admitted by the Devs themselves the issue has been on THEIR end. The PC Game client-crashing issue for example. Feel free the check the other fairly recent threads on the subject yourself and you'll see not one, not two but several responses from Devs trying to tackle said issues.

It's definately not just on everybody else's end, lol....
  18. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

DisConnect Universally Offline
    • Like x 4
  19. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

see above, also, ^this.
  20. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

this problem is so well-known that three of us... THREE of us... made...

the...

same...

joke...