What's your take on the new Episode

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Curse Bringer, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

I'll start

Usually I'm not one to rag on a episode, but I had High hopes for the flashpoint story. We have a duo entirely constructed out of the hall of doom and watchtower tunnels and hallways that set in someplace mentioned maybe once in the comic. A reused tutorial for the raid with a boss who we've not only seen way to many times but has nothing to do with the flashpoint story. the "flashpoint" story is followed for all of half of the DLC and then it diverges into something else. there is a noticeable lack of action cutscenes in the content, just a few idle poses while talking. I feel like there just isn't a solid story here and just abruptly ends with beating Brainiac,. nothing is thoroughly explained at all and it all seems very lack luster for 4 months worth of a wait.

There sadly wasn't any setup for how flashpoint actually occurs, we don't see Barry make is mistake, "Subject one" is non existent. the entire story of flashpoint is set in one instance and quickly open and shut.

Clearly, I'm not a fan of how this DLC panned out, what does everyone else think?
    • Like x 2
  2. Eve YouTuber

This episode is ok, styles wise they are not my taste but I understand the need for more male inspired styles aswell.
    Content wise (On Duty) the Elite duo was a refreshing and fun addition. So does the elite alert. The rest was pretty much the usual.
    I do like Amazon\Atlantean themed stuff so no complains on this part. My favorite thing about this episode is probably the base items - I could finally upgrade my Flash Museum with statues and the rogues banners etc.

Overall, this is a free episode, and I was kinda just done with Legion which is my least favorite episode, so I welcome this episode.
    But It's not my favorite. And will never top my favorite. The second raid where you fight Brainiac, no matter the difficulty It's just plain boring.

Other than that, probs a 4\10, and that's mostly because of the theme\base items.
    • Like x 1
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I like it. Not love but like.
    Duo, amazo is way too easy. Heatwave is difficult to melee cuz fire bad. Also way too easy to range tho.

Alert, zoom is a pain in the butt but speedsters always are. Like the mechanics otherwise.

Raids, grodd fight is great. The whole nightmare raid is really cool honestly. Elite is a challenge if you want to bite off all the rouges at once. And same for the last fight. Kind of like choosing your own difficulty. Brainiac raid, meh. Cool that we can choose difficulty but needs more difficulty added to the higher tiers.

Tons of feats. Cool styles. New bat pet is good looking. Op piece is cool too with how it's leveled.

Also enjoy that flight is so clutch in the raids again. I have superspeed toons but I prefer flight. And it rocks in this dlc
    • Like x 1
  4. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

We're at a point where the company could send each player $10,000 cash as a Thank You gift for having played the game; and someone is still going to complain. I was expecting $25,000. I wanted in Euros.... I wanted it in bonds!

LMAO.

That aside, I find it refreshing. Was getting bored with the "Run here kill this guy, now kill this other one and go back to the first one... rinse and repeat.

Point is, Everyone has expectations, many times those expectations are far too "out of this world". Not everyone is going to be 100% content and satisfied. I for one love the fact that we have just one currency for the episode. I like that they are doing their best with what little budget and small dev team.
    • Like x 2
  5. Heywiar Committed Player

I just wish the elite raids weren't so easy. Even critical mode is done in like 8 mins. I had high hopes for the difficulty scale but it just doesn't scale enough.
    On the plus side, I am VERY happy they removed the bounty spam.
  6. Shalayah Committed Player

Eh. It’s not bad, but it’s also not that good. At least it’s much better than Legion.

It’s fine imo
    • Like x 3
  7. Outlaw Trevor Well-Known Player

I find the episode meh. I like having 2 raids back, along with the alert and duo. Plenty of drops with all this content, its nice not having a second currency (though having the elite weapon and rings were nice).
    • Like x 1
  8. Power Surge Level 30

As a fan of flashpoint I've got to say I'm a bit disappointed with how it turned out. I do still prefer it to legion though but then again that's not that high a bar :p
  9. Caroline Dedicated Player

I like it way better than the previous DLC and it's mostly because of the open world.

I always despised 31st Century's missions & alert. They're so boring and I always felt "pushed" in a way to do them, just so I can gear up/max up my characters.

Nonetheless, friends always make it better, lol but yeah, I really like this DLC's new open world. The Flashtastic raid is quite fun, however the raid with Brainiac sort of makes me feel like I'm in SM again and it's not only because of the rounds/levels of difficulty we get, but because it's in 1 room as well.

And when it comes to the duo - it's meh and the alert is just lovely! <3 :D
    • Like x 2
  10. Random Mind Dedicated Player

It's fine, just fine.

I like that all types of catalysts can drop from open world events and I really like that Doomsday style (except the head piece, never been a fan of his tusk look). But it is just really the same as all the other content, grind until you're burned out, take a break, grind the double and triple currency weeks, then rest again.
    • Like x 1
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

My Take: Not the best in terms of story cohesion. This has been an issue with some episodes here and there...but it hasn't concerned me much. I care more about the look and feel of the content, and in that regard it's all good. For whatever reason, i'm glad to be back in Gotham (I like the somewhat eerie music and atmosphere).

It's nice having a duo again, the raid is pretty good for the most part (hate speedster fights...so annoying). Feels good to have two raids again. Overall, not the most exciting episode, but not bad at all either.

The Pyromaniac style (Heatwave inspired) is AWESOME from head to toe. There's nothing about it I don't like. The Doomsday style (I forget its name) is just ok to me. Some parts that have limited uses, but not my favorite. OP back is alright, like the upgrading system in this episode.

I never set my expectations high, so the risk of disappointment is minimal. Considering what we got last episode, which lasted a bit too long, this was a solid return to form. With the feedback provided by you guys, I figure things will get better down the road.
    • Like x 1
  12. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

One thing I will say though....

I only wished the story took place in Flash's territory.
    Gotham is starting to feel a bit over-used... same for Metro...
    Central City could have been the best place. Expanded the city and bring all the story to fruition there.

Other than that, I like it.
    • Like x 1
  13. zNot Loyal Player

Enjoy the 8 min. Thats what the elitists deserve that cry on the live servers but are silent on the forums and provide ZERO feedback.
  14. Heywiar Committed Player

I get what you're saying but I did provide feedback to Milbarge and tested both raids. There is definitely a real problem of "M A KE IT HA RDER!!1!1!" but the test server is also inaccessable to a large population of players, unfortunately. :(
  15. zNot Loyal Player

Do you mean that your feedback wasnt being taken seriously by the dev for the Elite raid? Or what do you mean with make it harder?
    • Like x 1
  16. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I only barely touched it and I will wait until x2 or x3 marks comes since I didn't find it fun at all and the styles were just okish at most.
    • Like x 2
  17. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

The open world has nothing special and I'm okay with it after the bounty burnout, but I expected more about Thomas Wayne in gotham and we didn't get anything interactive about him.

The storytelling isn't convincing, just like in the 3 previous episodes (Legion, B.O.P and Wonderverse), but this is flashpoint, if a new player joins the game right now and plays the episode, they want to identify with the storyline: Barry messing things up, Professor Zoom things, the royal war. I feel like there is a start but not a end, since Brainiac just randomly joins.

The duo is okay, not much to talk about it, I like the role npc allies on the normal version and it should continue for future episodes.

The alert is really really great, the mechanics are there (fresh and interesting). Pretty much all flashpoint storyline that we care about is in the alert and the elite is very well balanced.

FV is a really good raid, many mechanics, the place is cool, the bosses are great, the problem is just that the difficulty isn't there.

Now FTTF is just terrible, it almost kills the Episode by itself. It should be the end of the storyline but it's just confuse, the brainiac fight has lazy mechanics and we see no interesting iconics from the many many cool ones that appear in the Flashpoint. It's just brainiac and not even on his best. The elite just sucks as the difficulty levels change almost nothing, when they said higher difficulties would unlock mechanics I was expecting special adds or bosses, but it's just more HP and damage.
    • Like x 1
  18. Heywiar Committed Player

The dev, at least from my point of view.
    What I meant with "make it harder" is essentially what you were saying initially: that people just want content to be "harder" but don't offer or consider some changes that could be made to increase difficulty.
    The game has a trend where more boss health= harder and its honestly a really crappy trend.
    • Like x 1
  19. zNot Loyal Player

Well i had the same experience with that certain dev he doesnt take feedback serious.
    There are a few ways to increase difficulty but i dont know why we as the community give feedback and it gets ignored. Its actually not acceptable.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Is it ignored, or do they just not agree with you; there's a difference.

Were you hoping this new difficulty slider would make the raid SM, just wondering? What were you actually hoping for?
    • Like x 4