What's with the lag?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ErickStrife, Oct 23, 2020.

1. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

I know this has been discussed many a times before; but, C'mon!

I have enough speed to stream on 4 TV's, watch YouTube videos and listen to Pandora while downloading 10 Torrents at once while I also play other online games...

But DCUO? nope... even only running DCUO (specifically Patchworks Themyscira) by itself and absolutely nothing else - it still lags. Most of the time to a point where abilities don't even refresh.. sometimes the whole world seems to get trapped in a Temporal Distortion where i am the only living thing in there as all else vanishes for a while. Sometimes i know bosses like Ares or whomever have been defeated, but i still see people fighting them and said bosses show full health.

I know I'm not the only one this happens to, i have seen many people complain about it; i just want to know ... WHAT'S UP WITH THAT!?
    • Like x 3
  2. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

Yeap. 8 years in, 4 different homes, 4 different Internet providers, 2 different PS3's, 2 different PS4's, varying times of play and varying conditions later...DCUO lagged one way or another every single day.

I'm way past convinced it's them and not us.
    • Like x 1
  3. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I have the same problem. Some days, I'm able to do anything on the internet just fine without any connection hiccups, yet this game and the forums become incredibly slow.
    • Like x 2
  4. Ryazan Dedicated Player

As of right now, I've been unable to log in any characters since the US server reset, and the forum has been painfully slow. Thanks a lot, DI.
  5. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Since I've started playing again (this time on PS4) I've been having some issues too. Generally it's ok unless I'm in a heavily concentrated area (i.e Wonderverse bounties), but sometimes I lag even in duos and alerts. Also I have been disconnecting like crazy, and I don't think it's me since I play other online games and have little to no issues.