What's The Point?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BYSIS, Dec 25, 2021.

1. Monkeyboy Committed Player

PVP is a bad example. PVP is literally a different game. What MMO PVP doesn't have challenges? Any former WoW players can attest to this. Rouge, Mage & Priest was unbeatable. DCUO had/has a fraction of their budget and their PVP is broken. The fine balance between PVP and PVE is so thin, one breaks the other.
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

Every time pvp was adjusted it got worse. By the time when weapon mastery was introduce PvP was in its death kneel. Players were stacking precision and the block damage mod, to one shot players on block break. By then i washed my hands of PvP.

I dont remember them touching PvP once they gutted the Weapon Mastery damage, after they removed the role-debuff.

By then i think they realized the more they listened the more damage was done to pvp.
    • Like x 2
  3. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

How is that a problem, exactly?
  4. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Fair point
    Im mostly still just venting specifically about the gen mods.
    In no way shape or form did we ask for them to be character bound….. they did that crap on purpose to force us into content longer.
    They could have made the system well recieved by leaving em acct bound but no they gotta screw us somehow.
    Theres far better ways to keep us in content than messing up what would have been a decent gen mod system lol

It seems almost impossible for them to just fix somethin and make us happy. I swear its in their mission statement lol
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

There must always be resistance, to keep longevity. so asking for something directly has ramifications if implemented.
  6. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Sure but this character binding the mod lans is full stupid……
    They didnt need to do it, it serves no benefit to the players and no one asked for it.

Someone at the table suggested it (i assume) as a way to ensure we stayed in the content longer. If thats accurate, its not the 1st time they have artificially manipulated the stats on activity in an episode (lookin at you endless bounty spams) BUT at least we werent locked out of bounties. Plans r locked behind episode currency. Its worse by design.
    Its pretty pitiful too be ause they gave us a user friendly mod system for once too. It was “fixed” finally but instead, they opted (intentionally) to break it in a dif way.
    Thats a great example of why alot of people think they dont listen or hear.
    They do, i assure you and am not suggesting otherwise. Its just backhanded as it gets. I dont follow the logic at all.
    What is the harm in acct binding the plans? if there is no harm, then why change it and character bind them making it far less user friendly? Makes no sense
  7. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Not for nothing but when they were introducing Munitions, during the presentation they showed the Shotgun power which they called Semi-Automatic Shotgun but the animation was pump action. I said as much in the chat and one of the devs thanked me for pointing that out and it was changed to Pump Action Shotgun so they do see things.
    • Like x 1