What's the point of playing the game in this scenario?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lionxoft, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Lionxoft Committed Player

I recently decided to level up more alts to enjoy the game similarly to how I did when I started playing years ago however I'm running into a problem with the gearing up process. I've been playing the game for years but the power gap has never been this evident. I just ran through a duo at an appropriate cr for myself however my "partner", if you want to even call it that, sped through instantly killing all of the mobs before I could even get to the second ability in my rotation.

Is this supposed to be fun? I thought that the stat banding was supposed to alleviate some of these problems. I really think that a stricter hard cap on stats for instances is necessary as it takes out 100% of the enjoyment of the game for me. That's my personal opinion but I'm sick and tired of the game being extremely watered down by the power gap and it's widening every episode.

I understand that people want easy runs once they have their gear but the fun of the game is supposed to be the challenge, right? Am I missing something? Why do you play the game if you just want 4 minute runs? I'd rather spend hours trying to figure out how to beat a boss efficiently while overcoming mechanics rather than just blast through it in a few one shots.

I'll go ahead and assume I'm in the minority here.
    • Like x 7
  2. Harlequin Devoted Player

You may be the minority but you are not alone. I hate when I get paired with a cr130+ in any low duo for the same reasons. On the flip side, I'm really close to my 500 duos feat on my 136 main and I feel bad for doing the same thing even when I'm only using rifle taps while grinding the last few. I've decided to just camp out at the bottle duos and walk in to avoid spoiling someone else's fun.
  3. Nocturnals New Player

i agree :) but sometimes im glad as it allows league members to carry my alts thru and vise versa
  4. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

You want stat clamping. I 'm ok with that. As long as they double our out of relevancy reward if they do that.
  5. UltraVillain Committed Player

While I understand the problem and agree with your sentiments, its important to remember this is an mmo that must appeal to a wide and diverse player base, inevitably you will run into people who want something very different from the game and I think it important to promote choices for all rather than impose 'my will' on everything.

The real point is to look at the tools you have to avoid this and in that there is a clear and easy one - LFG and chat......try and find a partner you synch with, friend them or League with them and move forwards, this is the real route to enjoying content, just grabbing the first PUG to come along is always going to be more hit and miss, the polite term is that its 'Murphys Law'.
  6. crapmedrawers Well-Known Player

Please you want to play like that then you need to group with someone who wants to spend hrs . Ive already hit top CR on my mains and any alt i play I welcome the 130 2min duo etc! It keeps down the grind that many of us have done repeatedly already! Nothing is wrong with the gap! You want fun runs then pair up with someone who wants to do the same thing you do.
    • Like x 1
  7. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

-Easy AM's.
    -Insanely high Vit & Resto (Which is why Solo Support is Viable)
    -CR dictates overall stats. Not SP, Gear itself, or your Mods.
    -People cry about being counter'ed or Drop the rotation of there AM's.
    -Difficulty now only results to rage counter & jumping from One Shots with easy tells.
    -Adds in hallways are not like Batcaves, FOS's, or Arkham. The're nothing but AM practice dummies.
    -They removed the shields on the Robots on the Training ship due to results of people quitting?

Game has become way to simplified.
    Point Blank Period.

An the're only going to be making more changes to make the game much easier & user friendly to draw in a bigger causal crowd.

Game is not what it used to be.
    • Like x 1
  8. Drathmor Unwavering Player

if the community hadn't freaked out about stat-banding with out even seeing it this would no longer be a issue as it would be now totally optional as to whether or not you wanted to run banded or not and we would have our teleporter to all instances
    Im still super pissed at all the criers for there feigned outrage at crap they didn't understand

the devs should have just done it and told everyone about it after the fact and it would be the norm by now and i would be able to walk into operations now :(
    • Like x 1
  9. Drathmor Unwavering Player

when it was originally announced it was stated that it would have been optional
  10. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

Optional stat-clamping in all PVE-Content: go for it
    Forced on us with introducing it for all Content: No thanks
    • Like x 2
  11. Veritasum Loyal Player

I thought they did a 180 on stat clamping after people went nuts in the GU47 upheaval. What was in part meant to help the game experience for newer players so they'd be better prepared in end game was very unpopular among the majority who prefer 1 shotting content. So we're left with complaining about all of the inexperience at end game.

Pretty sure that's part of it anyway.

Oh and powers themselves allow this anyway. I'm bringing up my Earth tank (at 99) and all of the content I do at level is pretty much obliterated by Crystal. Definitely not how I remember bringing up my first 3 toons.
  12. Nocturnals New Player

I agree that because of low pop on pc we should have a tele option into all content bar pvp stuff
  13. Lionxoft Committed Player

I just want to play the content instead of playing catch up. Some of the older content is the best in the game and it just gets rushed through. It's a damn shame.
  14. ChillCat Loyal Player

15. UltraVillain Committed Player

I would say the real problem, the one that influences and dictates all of this and also exaggerates the power balance is the absurdly overblown progression in stats...... tier on tier the effective rises are excessive rushing us beyond content challenge and leaving future content with few options (ie one-shots and HP sinks).

imo We need a crushing of stats - ie move T7 down to T4 levels and distribute the ones below evenly in between moderating content in proportion....look to a progression that allows content overlap....ie last tiers raid is the new tiers alert, last tiers alert is the new tiers duo, last tiers duo is the new tiers solo etc......content windows would end up spanning a wide range of stories, characters and areas, power imbalances would be less obvious and the ability of anyone to blitz content would be greatly reduced.
  16. Emoney Dedicated Player

I too just started an earth toon.....couldnt believe the pets are one shotting bosses....at level.....in all the alerts.......its like no one needs to even actually play the game anymore.....my pet will do it for me.....ridiculously op.

Basically clamping wouldn't change anything....since earth(and I assume sorcery too) steam rolls content at level.....and its not like I even have to do a combo or am.....aim....shoot one bullet from my rifle annnnnnd boom.....boss dead lol.
    • Like x 1
  17. BlazeChamp Committed Player

I wish all instances were stat clamped and give marks. But that's a dream that will never come true. :(
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

No need for the Clamp (AKA as Stat Clamping ;)).

What we need is either portals to enter those missions solo when we are 130CR......
    or being able to use our teleporter to teleport solo into the mission......
    or just being able to solo queue in the On Duty menu.

Plenty of options would fix this issue.

NO need of the Clamp... at all.

It is bad enough that we have it in the seasonals.
  19. Derio 15000 Post Club

Seems to be working as intended.
  20. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

Not alone there.

People had a sh*t fit because they didn't understand crap about GU47.
    Optional stat banding would have been nice. I really want stat clamping to happen though. Optional of course, because I relish a challenge.
    • Like x 1