what will I hope for hall of powers DLC

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SonOfKalel, Jan 27, 2014.

1. SonOfKalel New Player

First, I want to be able to actually cross faction with villains as a hero, being that that is how the game was originally suppose to be. Second, I know Darseid will be the main villian but who else can they bring lets see oh GrannyGoodness, the furies, Darkaeids son etc.... Heroes will be Im assume the New Gods. Ok but thiers still that WOW factor missing I know reintroduce Doomsday as how he should've been in the open world as a hero and villain bounty he's been here three years give him his due after all he did kill Superman and for him only to been seen n a teir 1 alert is really disrepecting him. Well thats my thoughts feel free to leave a comment and like me thread l8ter
  2. The Johnny army New Player

Source for this info?
    • Like x 1
  3. Fruity Reaper New Player

HELL no, as a villain I want no more cross faction nonsense unless it gives me the chance to double cross you heroes and steal all your loot drops am bloody fed up saving stuff all the time as is, and heroes as gods no chance unless its only if we can help Darkseid wipe you out.
    • Like x 4
  4. The Johnny army New Player

It must suck to not fully emerge into the villain side, like you're saying, always ending up saving the day. Would be cool to see the villain faction be able to take control, even if it was just on their end and ending a raid. Like helping Lex or whoever actually defeat Superman and watch a cutscene where you take control of the world.

On topic, Darkseid can't bring this, the guy shares nothing with no one. There's no "with me or against me", there's only "submit or die". Lex would go for neither.
    • Like x 3
  5. Fruity Reaper New Player

Yeah I know merely using him to make a point :)

I would love the ability (and stated it a few times on here ;)) to actually be a villain, maybe have a mission where the heroes go and be heroic on their own for a change while we sneak into their bases and nick their loot :p
    • Like x 1
  6. Alpha XXX New Player

Ultimately playing a villain requires a degree of staying true to type and that often means, we cannot ultimately win (if one person does its ever likely at the expense of everyone else). How long before Circe stabs Lex in the back or Joker responds to the creation of a 'Villains paradise' and decides to become a hero just to enforce chaos? So while we can win any number of battles the actual 'war' needs to stay on the heroic side of contested and outcomes should be tempered by this imo.

I would not wish for cross faction moves however rather I would like more encouragement for people to stick and play 'in character', to make the DC world more DC etc (not expecting rp here just about characterising the behaviour of each faction appropriately), a simple addition there might be the creation of official sub factions that umbrella player level leagues. Should Darksied arrive it would be nice to open the door to some villains joining him, allying with Apokolips rather than repeat the 'fight the invasion' that we have with Braniac. If at the end of that arc some of Apokilips minions (ie Furies) get marooned on Earth might they not begrudgingly ally with the villians here creating a sub faction that could be used to add stylistic and thematic depth to those players who want to make the effort?
    • Like x 2
  7. The Johnny army New Player

Hey, stay away from my exobytes!! :mad:
    Nah, I get it. I play hero, in case you haven't figured it out :), but I realise the truly different raids you guys have are the ones that dropped with Hand of Fate.

It would definitely add to immersion (maybe even bring some life back to the villain faction) if you got to do really villainous stuff. There's so many iconic heroes to mess with. Joker needs his Robin... <3
    • Like x 1
  8. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I'm not a villain but I can see how annoying it would be to never actually rule the world like villains want. I do think there needs to be some more villain content. Probably would make me play my villain more actually.

As for switching factions...don't think that should be allowed. IMHO.

EDIT: how often can a person use "villain" in one post? Ugh sorry.
    • Like x 3
  9. Fruity Reaper New Player

Yeah we are not asking for much and most of us are fully aware of canon and the actual chances of us winning but what we are crying out for is something, if only a small thing, villainous to do that doesn't involve saving anyone.

Obviously we are not asking for anything as grand as a world domination DLC where we conquer everything but we would love the ability to rob a bank or do a heist...or just simply to rob the batcave or fortress instead of meekly walking out would be a start. ;)
    • Like x 1
  10. Fruity Reaper New Player

Lol sorry they are mine now muahaha :p

On another note there is a lot of scope to have some villain content and the faction I chose at char creation is crying out for some luvin from the devs, Alpha XXX posited a very good suggestion for the Darkseid DLC, my money is on them regurgitating the same old team up and spank though...having said that the new DLC has surprised me and a few others in that its not just tank and spank content so you never know and that is what keeps us hoping.
    • Like x 2
  11. Alpha XXX New Player

This very much ^^.

tbh robbing a bank or hijacking a truck can be a multi stage - multi mission process, gathering layouts and route info, assembling equipment, checking money holdings etc and then the actual job itself with all the consequent risks of drawing attention, finding a hero in your way etc. Then the aftermath you may get away with your haul but the heros have tasks to seal the breach, to return civilians to safety, undo any collateral damage done etc....it lends itself to giving the world a changing organic side, where players spark content that generates content for others and puts everyone in the role they have really chosen for themselves. It's the small scale stuff the game really lacks, but small scale doesn't actually preclude challenge or worth and would be terrific dlc in its own right imo.
    • Like x 1
  12. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

Only thing l hope for that DLC, to it comes ASAP!!
  13. Fruity Reaper New Player

Exactly, the scope is there for true villain content, not on the global domination canon breaking scale, but the little stuff, come on devs throw us poor villains a bone and let us steal stuff, we must have built up enough karma saving stuff by now to earn it :(
  14. SonOfKalel New Player

I see I have sparked a nice conversation. all your posted are nice but what about seeing Doomsday reintroduced as a major factor to stop as a bounty before he destroys metro and gotham he coukd spawn at anytime n open world and would be ultimately a must for villians and heroes to stop having all mentors from hero and villain side to actually spawn to help but after both side face off and winner gets a drop loser get just marks
  15. NCR RANGER New Player

Tech Meta and Magic rooms. :)
  16. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

i wish we could take our hero toon and become villains, like say if u do bad deeds or keep backstabbing heroes or double crossing them youll eventually turn to villain faction, that way we can have best of both worlds in one toon. i mean i do have a villain toon ,but all the work the plans the feats and stuff i done with my hero i dont want to go through that all over again if there was a way i can have my hero turn villain without losing anything that be awesome
    • Like x 1