What will happen to DC Come PS4?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Thewoe, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Thewoe Well-Known Player

Just thinking as ive been reading the only way to play ps3 games on PS4's is streaming them. So it gets me worried will this game die in the next year or so?

PS - Put Green Lantern Hoodie in the marketplace ;)
    • Like x 2
  2. TheLoneLantern New Player

Why would it die?
    • Like x 1
  3. MARK2099 New Player

Maybe you are one of the only small % of players who throw your console to the trash after buy the next gen console, but most keep the current consoles until they eventually die, no need to worry, the PS4 hasn't even announce yet.
  4. Doc Holliday New Player

1). DCUO will port over to the PS4 and become a much better game on a better system.

Or

2) the game will die and the servers will shut down 6 months after SOE releases the PS4.
    • Like x 1
  5. Thewoe Well-Known Player

Because eventually the PS3 and its network will die, and everything will be ps4, i just hope SOE are planning someway to bring it over to ps4.
    • Like x 1
  6. Felix Frost Level 30

I'm looking forward to DCUO 2 for the PS4... It's gonna rock!
  7. Doc Holliday New Player

SOE said they will support the PS3 till 2015 so to have a future this game must port over to the PS4.
    • Like x 1
  8. Faust74 Loyal Player

A patch will be released so it will be backwards compatible on PS4. Just as Sony did for FFXI.
  9. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Well, PS4 should allow the PS3 version to match what the PC is capable of. Maybe we'll finally get back the high def version of earth that the PC version had out the Watchtower window in the early days before it turned into the pixelated mess that PS3 can handle.
    • Like x 2
  10. Doc Holliday New Player

We can only hope.
  11. Lelouch New Player

i dont care about something like this
    PS4 doesnt even have a release date yet, so im not even remotely worried. i mean things change and are delayed when developing a console

its sooooooo far away that there are more concerns, like the game surviving that long.....

i wouldnt worry about it, who knows the what game developments happen from now till then also
    just tooooo many variables to be worried about it right now
    • Like x 1
  12. Gafa New Player

I'm 100% sure that SOE has nothing to do with the ps4 lol. Sony has the final say.
    And I don't see why dcuo wouldn't be able to be played on the ps4. The ps4 will still have the psn and the psn store. So just download it again onto your ps4......
  13. Thewoe Well-Known Player

Gafa, ps4 wont support ps3 games. The only way they can do it is by porting the PC version to ps4.
  14. Gafa New Player

It won't? Sony is really dropping the bomb on the console players then... Fisrt with the ps3 and now with the ps4. Maybe they will release a limited amount of ps4's that are backwards compatible like they did with the ps3? Personally, I'm not going to try keeping up with what is going to happen and just wait for the release to see what has happened. Fingers crossed though.
  15. Hallows Eve New Player

How are they dropping the ball? They want to make money and adding backwards compatibility costs a lot.
  16. Thewoe Well-Known Player

Wednesday febuary 20th is the PS4 unveil. Watch it on ign.com
  17. RE pulse New Player

Well, I hope that IF they port the PC version that we PS users will be able to keep our characters! Of course, all this is speculation at this point.
  18. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Sony had some real problems with cost on making PS3 backwards compatible; they finally had to yank out the PS2 hardware in the machine to make PS3 profitable, and they then had real problems getting software patches developed for the hundreds of games that needed it. Sony isn't trying to deprive their players; they're just trying to make the PS4 competitive and profitable. Microsoft is likely going to do the same thing.

With that said, Sony still supports PS2 even after all this time (it's a big seller in places like India), so PS3 will still have life. The big question is if it will have enough life to justify DCUO continuing.

One last question - didn't someone report months ago that they logged in to find there was an option to choose "Next Gen" servers that didn't connect to anything? DCUO could be making plans to convert.
  19. ReachAround76 New Player

Either way, I hope the port our characters over....merge both console and pc would be awesome as well.
    • Like x 1
  20. Dr Improbable Dedicated Player

My guess is the PC version will continue for some time. The Ps3 version will only last one year after Ps4 launches. Most people only have so much room under their TVs,Sony will want you to put a PS4 there.