What video capturing software [?]

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jockin Jay, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Jockin Jay Well-Known Player

What software do you guys use to take vids of you playing?

I tried Fraps but it takes too much space real fast.
  2. Trinidad James Loyal Player

3. Aiden Warren New Player

I use fraps and for like 40 minutes it takes 20gb but i convert the video and it goes down to 1gb and less
  4. RogerBlack Committed Player

I use El Gato Video Capture for PS3 / Mac.
    It's Awesome. And very easy to use.
  5. Jockin Jay Well-Known Player

What do you use to convert them?
  6. Tesseract Prime Dedicated Player

Most of the Odyssey members record with fraps, then when finished we drop those files into Windows Movie Maker and export it again. Can take a while to process, butit cuts the size to about 10%. About thirty minutes of video will take up 3-4gb.
  7. Aiden Warren New Player

Convert like .avi .flv /wmv and other types
  8. Elusian Crowd Control

using Fraps, converting with Sony Vegas
  9. Noxx New Player

This. WMV9 compression takes the file size down REALLY fast.

You only need to have the space on your HDD (about 100GB for a raid, just to be sure) and then after conversion you can delete the huge files and just keep the ~1GB output movie.
  10. Jockin Jay Well-Known Player

I guess fraps wins. I need a new HDD though lol
  11. GreenDrakkon Well-Known Player

I'd been looking around for something to do this for a while and never thought that about what I already had. I never thought about using El Gate Video Capture for that. I use it mainly to copy a movie from my dvr to watch in itunes. Now that I think about it, it would capture a ps3 raid or alert. Several hours only take up about 2 GB at most. You don't have to use a large portion of the hard drive to convert it. And it will auto convert to a format of your choice- itunes, youtube, and the like.
  12. Trexlight Devoted Player

I used FRAPs but switched to DXTory in Jan of this year and it has been AMAZING! Better audio quality than FRAPs and keeps the recording in 1 file. Also, you can record multiple Audio files with it. I record the Game Sound and my Voice in the video. Easy as pie to edit which cuts down about 15 minutes of Audio syncing (I used FRAPs for recording Video and Adobe Audition for Game and Voice sound). Only costs 10 bucks more than FRAPs.

For 360/PS3 I used my Hauppauge HD-PVR Gaming Edition system. Will be getting the Elgato Gaming System later this year.

I use Adobe Premiere CS5 for editing/rendering and Media Encoder for encoding. I record everything in 720p.