What should I do if someone is using my name ?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Batrederik, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Batrederik Dedicated Player

I plat on EU plz help
  2. Batrederik Dedicated Player

i have take a photo
  3. Zamara Dedicated Player

So someone got your name before you did? Time to look for a new name, unless the person using it willingly gives you the name (they'd have to delete their character or change their name for it to be available) there's nothing the devs or anyone can do about it even if it's an inactive account.
    • Like x 1
  4. Batrederik Dedicated Player

i have already reported it
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Sounds like someone is using the chat box trick on the OP.
    • Like x 2
  6. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

How is that possible?
  7. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Daybreak said if he is using ¤¤. Then it is not The same name
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

9. Berza Committed Player

I would recommend you (as I usually do for no English-speaking natives) to use your own language for this. But, as TheLorax suggests above, there is this trick where someone will write a long line of spaces or whatever, enough to fulfill the chatbox, then your name and something that would look like it's you who is talking. Check any names above yours.

Edit: seems it's not this for your last post
    • Like x 1
  10. Batrederik Dedicated Player

i made a mistake i meant *play*
    don’t give me this English-speaking natives. i understand perfectly
  11. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Yes that’s what daybreak told me. So i don’t know what to do
  12. Berza Committed Player

Well, first, sorry if you felt offended. I know a lot of people on our server doesn't speak good English, and yes, your typo and also your short sentences made me think wrong.
    Now, dude, your toon name is batman? Then report a few hundred people for name stealing... Oh and you can feel offended now by this if you want.
    • Like x 6
  13. spack2k Steadfast Player

so ur character name is "Batman¬¬" and there is another player using the name "Batman¬§¬§" and the game displays both names as "Batman"... those are clearly two different names, there is nothing one can do.
    • Like x 6
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You do nothing. They didn't steal your name.
    • Like x 8
  15. Batrederik Dedicated Player

The thing is He didn't saying one thing that was right. He was just talking trash. i saw it on my sec toon.
    i'm just worried about if he is trying to make me look bad on shout channel. That’s all
  16. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Nothing wrong with it, I get slightly peeved off at times but not offended.
    I can honestly say that i have never been offended in my entire life, nothing anyone says bothers me particularly i just deal with it, HM just.. maybe.
  17. Berza Committed Player

Nice to hear, and sorry for the rant on last part of my post. I'm at hospital pretty injured and pain leads me to short patience and bad mood
    • Like x 1
  18. Batrederik Dedicated Player

It’s ok
    • Like x 1
  19. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

The same name would be the exact characters of your name. It's literally not possible for someone else to actually do that.

Using characters that are similar that fool people into misreading is not something Daybreak can do anything about. They can't buy everyone eyeglasses or teach them to pay attention to the differences between "1" and "l," say.

Tons of people in the game have similar names. So what? Why bother to care?

(If they're harassing you by spoofing you in chat, that's harassment and can and should be reported. But otherwise?)
    • Like x 2
  20. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Seriously, names are names. I for one can't understand why people name their chars like namesake?
    wouldn't you be pissed ????

But yes. You're absolutely right, play the game however you want. with names..

With that said, I will too, and, for good or ill, what that means is - if someone using the same name to make you look bad on shout channel. I won't lift a finger to help you and there's a farily good chance I won't group with you. Call me shallow, that's fine

So, yeah, make whatever name you want but be prepared ** that’s it