What kind of MMO consciously kills its open world?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Helderman, May 19, 2016.

1. Helderman Dedicated Player

Mark relevancy was the first stab at the heart of open world content, then came an execrable solo operation that mixed instance and open world, now when you hit the CR 149 you say goodbye to open world.
    • Like x 7
  2. Entrust Committed Player

Well we already know that there will be no open-world content released through July (episode 26)

Perhaps if Mepps and/or NerdOfPrey receive enough POLITE/RESPECTFUL PMs asking for it we'll see it in episodes 27-29.
    • Like x 2
  3. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Yup.
    • Like x 1
  4. it_was_Friday Dedicated Player

I would say, once capped level at 30, the CR grind ends your open world experience. Ok... bounties, farming, seasonal missions... these will have you roaming cities, but really nothing else. Since 30, my time is mostly at HQ or Base.
    • Like x 1
  5. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

*reads the title*
    *raises hand*
    uh!!! me me me i know this one!
    • Like x 4
  6. rebelscum Level 30

Aside from high tier contents, there's still plenty of open world content to do if you want to work on your skill points. I'm 164cr with 249sp, and I still find myself spending hours every night in open world grinding for feats.

However it would still be nice to have new tier operation contents in open world again like tier 4. But remember those tier 4 operations require a lot of travel time from point a to b. I would ask myself "where's my batmobile?" Or "can't I just take a taxi?"

When love and war came out, PS3 had trouble handling all the graphics.
  7. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Only daybreak.
  8. Jumpnit Dedicated Player

I really dont understand the fascination some people have with open world missions. Content is content why does it matter so much that the solo is in open world rather then an instance?
  9. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Solo and open world are two different things.
  10. Jumpnit Dedicated Player

LOL I understand they are 2 different things but why is it so important that they be open world? What do you get out of open world missions that instances solos dont provide? other then a bigger map.
    • Like x 1
  11. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Something to do with friends and while waiting for a group to get together for a raid or something.
    • Like x 4
  12. Entrust Committed Player

Because it's in the open-world. Dungeon crawling is cool, but sometimes you want some fresh air. Personally I get tired of running down the same halls, the same way, day after day after day. I like the random daily missions, and "being" a hero/villian in the WORLD of DC.

It's true that most of the content is through the on-duty menu, but it's nice to break up monotony with open-world play. Also I've been more drawn to open-world style rpg's, as opposed to set-map shooters.

Regardless of why people like the open-world content, the fact is that there are people who do like it. Continuing to create open-world content adds variety to the game, thus increasing its appeal to a larger audience. (More players = more money = lights stay on)
    • Like x 5
  13. Skull Collector Committed Player

I remember when they added open world stuff and broke the game for a few weeks. They eventually had to move half of it back inside. Pretty sure that was before the PS4 even dropped, so.... yeah.
    • Like x 1
  14. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

*teacher points at student that's trying to be quiet* :p
    • Like x 1
  15. Ny Batteri Well-Known Player

Everyone wants open world until they get it and realize the load time for some is unbearable and people chrashing, ruining groups, is an issue. Then they want it removed.
    • Like x 1
  16. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i said goodbye to open world when i saw the monthly coming, been asking for it to come back but sadly my hope is dying out, gotta get my Greed on :D
    • Like x 1
  17. Red Templar Dedicated Player

I would love for the. To institute some of the phase technology like in WoW or ESO, but that may be too much for the consoles to handle right now.

Basically once you are done with the Brainiac story line on a character the bottles are gone and it phases into the next chapter, and so on and so forth.
    • Like x 3
  18. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

yeah i got to agree but at the same time, i don't know what they use for it, i was hoping once crossplay and xbox was done they would be back at it, but so far as i already stated my hoping is dying out.

my greed is on, other people have anger about it, i fear that dcuo will not have open world anytime soon. :cool:
    • Like x 1
  19. Red Templar Dedicated Player

I would use it for new open world content and bounties each chapter. You could always phase with your friends I their lower chapter world though.

Sadly I am afraid you may be right, which is a shame, but I'd love it if there was a lot more. I really miss questing.
    • Like x 1
  20. Derio 15000 Post Club

It doesn't sell replays that's why. Ultimately that will kill the game
    • Like x 5