What keeps on Knocking Down Bosses?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by RamsesVIIX, Feb 18, 2013.

1. RamsesVIIX New Player

So Far I've seen the Avatar of Meta, Brother Eye, Swamp Thing, Avatar of Magic, and Avatar of Tech get literally knocked down and stunned on the floor. Is it the Orbital Strike or the Blast Weapon Mod or is it the Chest Mod for Controllers that makes the enemy striking you 30% more likely to get Stunned or something like that.
  2. Radium Devoted Player

It's the Orbital Strike, strips whatever control immunities bosses have away.

I saw someone encase the Tentacle....yes, thats right, the Tentacle.
  3. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Lol. I've seen Brainiac pulled by a lasso, encased in a HUGE block of Ice due to Gadg dps, put to sleep by Gadg trollers and encased in Thought Bubble. Good times :D. Obviously I don't think it's intended though only a Level IV Orbital Strike seems to do it so I'm not 100% sure.
  4. Kristyana New Player

Level 4 Orbital Strike is the only thing that does it. Not sure if it's intended or not, but it is hilarious.
  5. Cadens Dedicated Player

So you're saying we should all be running that... gotcha :p
  6. Anhur Committed Player

A team of 8 players rotating the max'd out Orbital Strike on bosses is a sight to behold - it needs to be toned down a little I feel.
  7. Kristyana New Player

I think there will be far less people running with it after the month is up and people need to spend another 4k MoT to get it.
  8. Mia Skye Well-Known Player

It's intended for the Orbital Strike to do it. Just read the level 4 description on the main frame its says level 4 lowers control resistance of your target.
  9. Voidstrike Level 30

Best thing ever...turning Brainiac into a ghost...
  10. Kristyana New Player

Best thing ever? Nah.

Try throwing a Boogie Bomb at him and watch him dance.
  11. Radium Devoted Player

Nooooo...

Seriously? That actually works?
  12. Kristyana New Player

Yep :D So do the snowglobe bombs.

I didn't get video or a screenshot of it, but the raid wiped because we were laughing to hard to kill the healer drones
    • Like x 3
  13. FeelsGood New Player

Must try Boggie Bombs and SnowGlobes on Brainiac

I've done the ghosting of brainiac People were like where the heck did he go lol
  14. Potent New Player

Must find Boogie Bombs and Snow Globes >.>
    *Checks Broker*
  15. Magnificent Loyal Player

It's intended, but I'm willing to bet a steak dinner the Devs didn't intend it to make Brainy so malleable. I'll be extremely suprised if they don't fix that for raid bosses.
  16. Mia Skye Well-Known Player

I think they did intend for Brainiac to become so squishy...it isn't even that people still can't beat Brainiac...yesterday a raid group I was in completed Sub-Con in about 15 minutes...faster than an area 51 there was 4-5 people with level 4. Plus it costs 3125 mot, they are giving you your marks worth with this trinket. My worry is that they gave us these powers imagine how hard t5 will be with the devs knowing that we have these.
    • Like x 1
  17. Abandon New Player

No way, this is really happening? So that's why I sent Eclipso flying halfway across the room. It was the farthest I've sent any boss, too bad I hit him out of return to normal range...
  18. Magnificent Loyal Player

I have Orbital at Mk 2 and it still causes Brainy to have epileptic seizures.
  19. Mia Skye Well-Known Player

Level 2 of Orbital Strike shouldn't have any effect besides burst damage and DoT, are you sure that there weren't others using level 4 at the same time. I maybe wrong, but I believe it takes more than 1 orbital strike to lower brainiacs control resistance enough to use cc effects.
  20. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

I wonder. Does the Weakening Field mod produce the same effect?