what is your favorite game

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Rockin earth, May 15, 2013.

1. Rockin earth New Player

What is your favorite game
  2. Kroye Loyal Player

Duh...This one :p
    • Like x 1
  3. Brice Allen Loyal Player

Currently Playing: DC Universe Online (It's the only game I play.)
    Favorite Game of All Time: Tough one...but I'd probably go with Resident Evil 2. I had more joy playing that game than any other that I can remember.
  4. Battle Man Committed Player

GTA IV

But really, the whole GTA series is to be credited for that.
  5. Rockin earth New Player

I right now am playing DC universe but my favorite game is Batman arkham city
    • Like x 1
  6. Deathmark New Player

They peaked at SA as far as i'm concerned. IV was a let down. V might bring it back though.... too bad so far there's no announcement for PC. I feel Rockstar doesn't give a s about us Pc gamers anymore. Red dead redemption didn't make it to PC.

As for my favorite game of all time, probably Oblivion. No, i have not played Skyrim yet. At first i was waiting for all the good mods to be out, now im waiting for all dlc/expansions to be out. It will likely beat Oblivion in my ranking. But we'll see.

Now Playing (aside from dcuo): Crusader Kings II. Probably last year's best game. It's old school strategy though. Not the RTS kind (which i personally hate). Best strategy game i've ever played too, though i have never played Europa Universalis series by the same developer which i hear is very similar but more popular. The fourth is coming out this year, might give it a try.
  7. Delta795 New Player

Current favorites games: DCUO, Injustice
    All Time: SOCOM 2, GT5, MKII
    • Like x 1
  8. General Zod 10000 Post Club

DCUO of course;)
    Batman Vengeance followed by the Arkham City.
    • Like x 1
  9. Rockin earth New Player

Wasn't Batman arkham origins the next game?
  10. Battle Man Committed Player

Nah, the Euphoria physics engine alone in GTA IV makes it tops in my book.
    To this day it continues to fill me with joy.

But I've been hooked since GTA III, and had a love affair with Vice City that spanned many years.
    So GTA IV was a sure thing. I just wasn't prepared for how amazing it turned out.
  11. JayJay2515 New Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. TheRealDeathern New Player

Pong. Pacman. Space Invaders.
  13. Deathmark New Player

I feel the map in SA with it's changing topography and landscape added a lot to the series. More importantly, there was LOADS of things to do in SA compared to GTA IV which really kind reined it back there. It's like they tried to make it more seious and realistic. I loved the physics engine yes...but thought the driving was bad. Technically more realistic then in the other GTA games, but somehow bad. I don't know. GTA IV will not live on in my memory like any other GTA did. Depsite it having better graphics, phsyics, better shooting system even. I can't quite put my finger on it but for me, some of the magic was missing. Even the story i couldn't get much involved in. I preferred Saint Row the third, despite it being very r*tarded, to GTA IV...

For me its SA>GTA III>Vice city (great story and era, terrible map because all flat, though really its probably tied with GTA III in second place)>GTA IV

I have to say im kinda bummed they are sticking to modern era now. I was really hoping they'd go 70's eventually. How can they not? the music (ranges from classic rock, early punk, early metal, disco, etc) the car culture (all the car movies of the 70's, and of coruse the muscle cars, no decade has produced better looking vehicles) and of course, the fashion that ranged from terrible to pretty cool. This decade is probably easiest to parody right than any other decade. At least i wish they'd go back to the 80's if nothing else. I don't like living in modern times. I like when games allow me to get away from it.
  14. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

Assassin Creed Series, have yet to play 3 yet. Still learning through DCUO; will buy the game in like 3 weeks.. making it through 1st year of Grad school first..
  15. Battle Man Committed Player

I can't really disagree, I felt that GTA: SA was a game that no other could touch when it first came out. But it felt too spread out and lonely as the story continued. I remember playing it and wishing for what GTA IV captured; a smaller, but more detailed world to play in. But like I said, the physics engine just plain blew my mind. I had no idea what I was in for.

And Vice City was all about the story and atmosphere.
    Being flat didn't bother me so much now that I had motorcycles and aircraft to play with either.
    But I will admit that after playing San Andreas, it was hard to go back to Vice City.

And the 70s would be awesome.
    But that's what I love about Rockstar and the GTA model, it could be applied to almost any time, any place.
    Even the 90s would be a blast.
  16. KemistiOMG Committed Player

this and also
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. JayJay2515 New Player

Yeah I beat both of those games more than 5 times

Almost every boss on SoTC had a epic battle, except the 4 legged 2nd boss and the one that was in a cave and shot those blast that would poison you
    • Like x 1
  18. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Favorite game ... that's a hard one.

If you're talking video games, DCUO is the game I've been waiting for all my life, so there's no contest there. Others off of the top of my head:
    -Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    -Final Fantasies VIII, IV, VI, Tactics and XI
    -Justice League Heroes
    -Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2

If you're talking any kind of game, I'm a huge fan of old school tabletop Dungeons and Dragons, Magic the Gathering and Heroclix.
  19. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Dead Space series and Skyrim all modded to hell and back. I am currently playing in Iron Man armor with repulsor ray as a magic power. And whaaaaaaaaaat?
  20. melvinpox Devoted Player

You are correct.