What is it with this game and the creepiness towards female characters?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Circe, Jul 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

A friend has this issue a lot(well, the same as any girl char i guess), once this guy kept being all creepy while we were hanging out at her place, so she flirted back, then when the guy asked for mic and she put me on it and i was all like (with the huskiest voice i could make) "Hey man you seem nice, can i add you so we can group more often!" ...and then the guy simply left...was it something i said? :D
    • Like x 4
  2. Circe New Player

Um lol they were checking that little girl character out and making comments like "nice ***". Really bizarre.
  3. ThatsFatal New Player

Seems to me that you need new league. Everyone in my league just jumps at the opportunity to help anyone and everyone. I've honestly never played with a better group of people in my life.
  4. Grumpy Dedicated Player

Pictures or it didn't happen.
    • Like x 2
  5. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

As I tried to explain to you - they will prolly not expect a little girl playing that little girl character. It's just bizarre if you expect that kind of comment to be directed at a little girl. You are not your toon. Most people in the game do not look a bit like their toon. The toon is just an extension of their ego that - the extension, not the ego - is displayed in the game (the ego is displayed in the chat :D).

The day the players in front of the screen turn into little girls for choosing the little girl style as their avatar - that day will be bizarre :D
    • Like x 3
  6. DCUO ENTHUSIAST Dedicated Player

First, let me begin by saying...."who cares...."

Secondly...and most importantly....who cares?

And third...you're a fictional character in a make believe world, so really.....WHO CARES????

smh
    • Like x 2
  7. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

This is why you don't stand in Doom.
    • Like x 1
  8. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

I think more than half of my roster are female toons. Or were, at one point. I only remember one instance where a creepy league leader started begging me to join. I agreed, but only if my alt could get in too. Once he found out the alt was a dude, it was off, and I chuckled knowing full well it would happen that way.

The wife, who hasnt played in ages, was once surrounded by the entire raid group while they spammed suggestive emotes.

Theres also the spew in shout chat by the regular children wanting to use DCUO as their personal yahoo chat.
    • Like x 1
  9. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

For the personal yahoo chat children, I suggest the most famous cure of "a bullet to the head" :p

About your sig: you got some 1920x1080 cockpit files for X-Wing Alliance from anywhere which are really in sync? got some hi res mods but they sorta don't work correctly. Since SWG is gone, X-Wing Alliance is the "latest" official Star Wars space shooter - and it's from 1999. What the heck has happened to video games.....
    • Like x 2
  10. Miggly Committed Player

This is the reason I don't have any female toons.
    • Like x 1
  11. Ghostof91 New Player

Talk ab
    Talk about entertainment for the day thanks.:D
  12. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Yea cause when my male toon lose in PvP they want to tea bag me. #Grownmanproblems
  13. the solowing Unwavering Player

a wild Fox News appeared!
    • Like x 2
  14. mightybugthe1st New Player

Anyone turned on by a video game or anime/comic book characters needs serious professional help. There are a lot of people in this community who need professional help. /thread.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Fixed the second part, can't agree on the first part though as that way you'd practically sent a large part of cosplayers to see professional help. I don't cosplay, but I think Comic Con would be much much lamer without them.
    • Like x 3
  16. Veritech Loyal Player

Circe,

I don't often agree with you but I'll side with you on this one.

I have 20 alts, only three are female. They are the only ones that get random creepy tells you describe.

Does no one find my Ace Lieutenant styled mental goon alt sexy? :p
    • Like x 1
  17. the solowing Unwavering Player

="mightybugthe1st, post: 3325411, member: 342865"]Anyone turned on by a video game or anime/comic book characters needs serious professional help. There are a lot of people in this community who need professional help. /thread.

[IMG][/quote]
    have you ever heard of sexualizing of characters. have you ever heard the term sex sells. Look at starfire and ladydeath cheetah in JLU, black canary hell the entire DOA series
    • Like x 1
  18. dibrieEUps Well-Known Player

Soooooo cross play.........When you gonna drop huh????
    Support faction change token. Desperately want.

i dunno man this need to come asap 1+

#goaheadgrammerplice
  19. MrB Dedicated Player

How is it I've been hit on only once?

I'M UGLY

*runs off crying*
    • Like x 3
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

What am I doing wrong? xD This happens to me but not nearly as often or with as much intensity as being described here. Are my characters not pretty enough?! xD
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.