What instance/boss drops silicon wafers?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Hendrix, May 7, 2021.

1. Hendrix Well-Known Player

Silicon wafers are a R&D element used for crafting. We used to farm them in open world content from Bane thugs around the lighthouse or Amusement mile/Monarch Playing Card Co. clowns. Things changed for the worse.

Now where do we farm them?

(Please don't answer vending machine or broker b/c those are purchases - not farmed)
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Clowns at Amusement Mile?
  3. Robert-Vim Well-Known Player

The items are a possible drop from Bane's Streetgang or the mob inside the Monarch Playing Card Company. They might also drop from the clowns around Joker's Funhouse. according to wiki :)
  4. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

When they changed the loot tables on open world adds, they should have left crafting items
  5. Miserable Dedicated Player

No idea, but they might have been moved to boss drops of some instance(s).

Trying running Lighthouse (I forget if it's a solo or duo) and see if any drop from the bosses in that.

If not, and if you have the time, I would run all the early solos and duos and see if it drops from any of those.
    • Like x 1
  6. Hendrix Well-Known Player

Nope. This is not true anymore. Now they only drop from bosses in instanced content. That change happened when they became for sale in vending machines. The wiki's and fan pages are outdated. I've found the bosses that drop overcharged matter, batteries, ancient vellum & mutagen fusing sol'n... just can't find silicon wafers.
    • Like x 1
  7. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

For some reason I has always until recently though they was called sillicon waffles :eek::oops:o_O:p:D
    • Like x 1
  8. Robert-Vim Well-Known Player

ok then..my bad... :(
  9. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Im sure I got wafers from Prime Battleground
    . I could be mistaken though
    • Like x 1
  10. Hendrix Well-Known Player

Problem solved:
    Found them in Tier 2 duo Gotham Hospital (silicon wafer) and some other reagents dropped in Riverside Hotel duo. They are part of the extra loot when you kill the boss now. I may finish that 99 Battle for Earth duos feat now.
  11. Invitation2Hades Well-Known Player