What happened to the Controller role revamp

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Heavens Sword, Aug 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drakonicus New Player

Yeah, that was my point. Op said he watched the Keynote. He must have missed the Q&A at the end. Not happy with the answer you got, but you DID got one.
  2. Octantis New Player

Oh my mistake. Been forced to read between the lines on peoples' posts so much these days I end up making assumptions where there isn't anything.

Yeah, game speed is a definite factor, for sure. But I think there's pretty much a purpose for everything on the gamepad now, right? I mean even if they were to put a teammate target cycle button in (for the sake of argument), I can't even think of a place it would go!

I got to say, though, that the auto targeting of the weakest is just so simple and effective that I think it's being underrated. I mean, I went back to some MMOs with team targeting and found the transition back to it to be hard to get use to. It's exactly as you say, manual targeting is just so much slower than this game's system.
    • Like x 1
  3. BumblingB I got better.

Yeah, I wasn't on screen after he answered it and I hung my head. :(
    • Like x 1
  4. DEADLY MERC New Player

Tbh I have no problem with stuns and I'm a gadgets troll my only issue was not having a 4man stun but now I will after gu40.. if your dom is high enough your stuns even in a raid could hold a add for long enough for them to be killed if the burn is good.. if your having trouble with stuns and ur a troll when you spec your sp after you buy out your vit wat I do is buy out the str8 precision then I put 3in the str8 power then 3in the dom/health that will get your dom high enough to hold the adds in the T6 raids and buy your support role thing in your league hall 3% anything is actually alot lol just buy doing that your stuns will last longer
  5. Drakonicus New Player

Yeah. Problem with Troller is not that people were using too much power necessarily, or even that we dont want to replinish our team mate's power. The problem is the way we have to do that is very one-dimensional. No matter what troller power you have you can A) Using p o t; b) A power dump or c) A supercharge. That it. WM doesnt solve this problem, ot only make the task easyer.
    • Like x 2
  6. Sapphire Melody Well-Known Player

You forgot a shield/distract for when you revive people. When you aren't the solotroll, I mean.
    _____

When a friend told me about Spytle's reaction to Bumbling's question I was.. eh.. shocked. They really see no more need to improve the controller class now that we have WM? This is not ok. Some may argue that we have so much freedom to do things but that isn't really true. When you have 3-4 constant powers on a loadout, how much freedom do you really have for your loadout? Every troll power I played so far felt pretty similar. A few details change but in the end, I only have 1-2 free spots on my loadout. Look at the healers. Every healing power is unique. Sorcery with pets and AoEs, Nature with pheromones, Elec with safety nets, Celestial with their combos. They might have only one duty, but you actually see a difference in their playstyles...
  7. Fentonian Well-Known Player

I’ve been a 100% PUG troller for nearly 3 years now. In the past hour or so I’ve done the following:

Finished a T6 duo solo because the “beast “ DPS got severely squishy on the last boss (until then had only been moderate - noteworthy squishy). I tend not to run with a group shield on duo, so I popped a PDF and raised the little princess who thought she was a tank when it sank to its knees.

The “individual” decided to stay on its knees (no disconnect because the toon didn’t go bye bye), so I switched to a solo armoury option. You’re welcome and I move on.

Ran solo troll for what was obviously the end bit of a FOS3 raid – medic feats a poppin. About 3-4 mins (6 DPS, 1 tank +me) and job done…………erm thanks, I guess. I always bow at the end of every instance…….i guess some people just like to **** off sharpish. Perhaps their microwave was beeping……………. or something.

Jumped into the start of a T6 OP (balanced) with a tank and 2 DPS. I see no WM and their power bars are emptying like the good old T5 days. Gave it a few minutes and then just hit the off button because I know how this scenario ends.

Granted, I have had much better nights and it is a Sunday, but meh…a PUG trollers life ain’t always a bed of roses. I think somebody may have mentioned this once before :)

Sure the controller mechanics could use some love, but for most long term controllers - they are fine and dandy. It kind of depends on how you decide to take advantage (or not) of them.

As always, it mostly depends on the people you run with. Sure, I choose to PUG because it is more fun (perhaps I’m just a masochist, or perhaps I just like to stay sharp), but if leagues are the holy grail – how come a great deal of them carry on like an episode of Dawson’s Creek and then eventually fold anyway??

Simply the musings of a PUG troller. :)
  8. ermike Committed Player

But the concept of any instance is to burn the boss down. The more power that I give the quicker my elite dps can burn the boss down. Im a good group with good tanks and good dps there is no need for cc. Hell, encasing adds actually slows down the burn and gets in the tanks way of pulling. If u are bored with giving power.. spec to do damage as well. Be beneficial to the group. Just remember, the end goal for EVERY instance is to kill things. Nothing else. Even SURVIVAL MODE is about burn. These CC things u speak of are not necessary unless ur group sux
    • Like x 3
  9. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

They were referring to Weapon Mastery.

Was pointless, anyway. Power spamming is back in full force.
  10. ermike Committed Player

Soo? We usually run solo troll and they can keep the group powered up easily. Granted with supply drop coordination, sidekicks and supercharges. I do not see how spamming is a bad thing. Posts like this got my HL nerfed and brought about the boring wm.
  11. Ice Lantern New Player

Because some people need conflict in their lives.
  12. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Nerfed? It does less damage now? News to me...
  13. ermike Committed Player

Yes its worse. JC was power hungry yes but its damage output was nearly impossible to beat if put in a skilled players hand. That's why all u saw was HL dps. Now, outside of pvp cause of the chainsaw, u rarely see HL dps since the JC nerf. Man I miss the clipping days
  14. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

It's not worse. It just plays differently. You can still do incredible damage as Hard Light. So no, it hasn't been nerfed. Only changed. Know your terms.
    • Like x 1
  15. ermike Committed Player

its been nerfed. Its damage potential is so much worse then rage or nature or sorc players who know what they are doin. It was THE BEST. With lame wm it is just mid tier.
  16. ermike Committed Player

Fixed for u
  17. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Then you must just be playing with bad players. In the hands of a skilled player, it's as good as any other power. It hasn't had it's damage potential adjusted because the way it plays was changed as a new mechanic was introduced. If they'd left it exactly the same and you were just standing there spamming your clippy/spammy rotations, you'd still be doing crap damage compared to those who have mastered the new ways to play.

Basically, get over it.
    • Like x 1
  18. ermike Committed Player

Okay. Since u are in a different server I cannot end this the way I would like too so, I will just say okay.
  19. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Let's talk Celestial.

Celestial was on par with Hard Light prior to Game Update 36, right? I know the rotation I was using was able to keep up with HL DPS and beat them, too, in terms of Damage Out.

Game Update 36, nothing was adjusted to the way Celestial plays. I can still play the exact same rotation I did prior to GU36 right now.

My rotation was able to keep up with and beat HL prior to the update. Yet if I go into a raid or any new content, today, playing Celestial exactly like I did back then, which was on par with HL's damage potential, then I would be smoked by anyone playing the new ways.

So therefore if I play Celestial the way I did prior to GU36, which was on par with the clippy, spammy rotations HL was doing and my damage can't keep up with those using Weapon Mastery combos and/or their Advanced Mechanic. Therefore the conclusion is that potential of Hard Light was always going to be limited once Weapon Mastery came out.

In easy to understand terms: The old way of playing Hard Light, regardless of the changes, was always going to be inferior to the new ways involving Weapon Mastery. Celestial confirms this.
  20. Dr Improbable Dedicated Player

Me thinks this thread has been highjacked by the DPS crowd...
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.