What Future Collaboration Projects Would You Like to See Between DCUO & DC Comics?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DCUO Post, Jul 16, 2015.

1. DCUO Post Loyal Player

What Future Collaboration Projects Would You Like to See Between DCUO and DC Comics? It's too bad we didn't get this sooner. Would of love to see a Court of Owls crossover. Having Talons over running Gotham would of been a nice open world event.

Also Spytle, spill the beans on the future collaboration projects with DC Comics. :p
    You know you want to leak info! ;)
    • Like x 4
  2. Dezaras Loyal Player

Court Of Owls would rock! That's probably my favourite New 52 story.

Maybe a BvS themed event, at the turn of the year? I don't know if their close working relationship includes the movies/TV shows, but something BvS would be nice leading up to the film's release. Doesn't even have to be BvS skins or anything, just a little episode where we travel to a BvS inspired earth where Batman and Superman are fighting.
    They're using the Nexus for Bombshells so why not.
    • Like x 3
  3. Veritech Loyal Player

Suicide Squad movie tie-in would be nice.

New 52 marketplace vanity styles. Take my money!!
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Well since they mentioned there is an overarching storyline featuring the League of Assassins starting with The Bombshells Paradox I'm willing to bet there will be a Flash and/or Arrow kind of Episode in October to tie in with the new seasons.
    • Like x 1
  5. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I think film tie ins are a must. Don't know exactly how much flex the new arrangement has so it would entirely depend upon that, but it'd be nice to see skins and various other things of things in popular media.

The new Arkham Knight Batmobile as a base item would be pretty cool. As would an Arkham Knight visor head style. Maybe an Arrow skin for Green Arrow's Legend Character.

They should definitely do something involving Batman, Superman and the Suicide Squad around the launch of their respective films, too. Both are going to do really well and get a lot of attention for the DC Comics brand, which could reignite the player base with content relevant to other things which are going on and people are talking about/going crazy over. Even if it isn't directly "Ben Affleck's Batman vs. Henry Cavill's Superman" content but just DCUO's Batman vs. DCUO's Superrman. Maybe a raid to introduce more members of the Suicide Squad, too. Possibly even a Survival Mode or Wave Raid/Alert (like Oan Sciencells) featuring members of the Suicide Squad.
    • Like x 4
  6. Dezaras Loyal Player

That's what I was thinking. Doesn't have to be an all out MoS/BvS setting, but it could be similar.
    My thinking is it could be an operation. In the parallel world not everybody is "YAY SUPERMAN!", some are actually afraid of him. I'm sure they could pull this off without stepping on too many BvS toes.
    Start at LexCorp/Cadmus. Fight through Lex's goons, gather intel about Luthor's plan, rescue Flash and Aquaman.
    Go to Gotham, fight off enemies (including GCPD, coz they'll be like "WTF? Powers?" or something), fight to the battlezone where Bats, Supes and Wonder Woman are.
    Bring everyone together. Maybe we fight the trinity, knock them down, talk sense into them. Everyone united to face Lex's threat.
    Which could be Doomsday, if the "leaks" are true.

Oh and hidden feat if you spot Victor Stone.
  7. Dezaras Loyal Player

EDIT: The trinity triple threat could be mentor based too. We protect our mentor against the other two (and their mentees?) Matbe there's a temporary PvP trigger, which stops once the trinity are all onside.

OTHER EDIT: I just f***ed up my initial edit didn't I? Lol
  8. Locarthemanbeast Committed Player

Court of Owls and Watchmen
  9. Blight KOBRA Commander

Now that DCUO has the freedom to do this, as many as they can possibly get away with. Whether it's tied to the comics, television, animation, movies or collectibles I think the more tie in promotions Daybreak can pull off the better because, A) It provides more, and newer content for us the gamers, B) it's good promotion for the DCUO, and C) its always fun when there's something going on in the greater DC universe that you really like that you can actually participate in with this game.

As for things particular events, personally I'd definitely like to get in on the Darkseid War going on in the current run of Justice League. The upcoming "Justice League: Gods and Monsters" animation looks good, and given it deals heavily with parallel DC universes and heroes and villains switching roles, it might be the right platform to introduce things like Unite the Styles. The current slate of DC TV shows (Arrow, Flash, Gotham) are constantly introducing DC comics heroes and villains to live action TV for the the first time and I'd like to see some of their costume styles for new Promethium Box rewards. Not to mention the new one "Legends of Tomorrow" (did anyone else see the promo for that one and think of the Metropolis dam in-game ;) ). And course the two big DC movies coming out next year, "Batman v Superman" and "Suicide Squad" which the devs could use as inspiration for anything, from new gear and styles, to duos, alerts and raids, and maybe even some new legendary characters modeled after the big screen versions.

All in all when this was first announced I was hoping it would give the DCUO devs a bigger toy box to play with and so far it seems to be the case, and with the new content delivery system they're establishing it looks like they'll be able to take advantage of it. So hopefully this game community has some exciting things coming for us all this coming year.

And if any of the devs read this, big props to the art department for the Bombshells op coming in August, that war factory looks spectacular.
    • Like x 2
  10. Battle Man Committed Player

I don't even have a preference, surprise me.
    As long as it fits and ties in to one of the current titles, I will play and love it.

I would even buy more books each month if the tie in stepped outside of my regulars.
  11. DCUO Post Loyal Player

I would love to see a CSA from anti-matter universe episode.
    • Like x 3
  12. darth_paul Dedicated Player

Yes, I agree 100%!
  13. ChillCat Loyal Player

Well, Spytle confirmed in the last Livestream that DCUO doesn't exist in new 52 continuity so that takes those stories out. Keeping that in mind, I'd like to see...

1. Thanagarian storyline
    2. Martian Manhunter storyline with a White Martian invasion
    3. Of course, Darkseid
    4. (Unlikely but would be cool) Expansion of the Origin portals to do a version of Crisis on Infinite Earths that focuses on following *spoiler* Green Arrow *spoiler*
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I certainly wouldn't say that it rules out New 52 inspired storylines at all. They have said repeatedly that they exist in their own universe. There's no reason, unless it's a legal reason, that they couldn't add characters that were introduced in the New 52.
  15. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I have a hard with the thinking we will get something to WOW us. I mean it is only 2 pieces of content each month. BS is ok and I like it as I love seeing those tanks and large mechanics robots.

New content, 2 pieces a month, finishing off the old triologies, etc....Not sure what I think as I write this given what we have with Eposides 15 and what is coming in 16.

I'm not all that impressed, should I be?
  16. ChillCat Loyal Player

Can't remember where exactly but I do remember Spytle stating you wouldn't see a Court of Owls storyline because DCUO exists outside of the New 52. I suspect it's a legal issue.
  17. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Well we have a Talon costume (he was a member of the Court of Owls) and various New 52 costumes, so if they can get those in I don't think there would be a legal issue with using the actual characters.
  18. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Costumes and storylines are vastly different things.
  19. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

DC/CW/DCUO
    The Arrow reskin for green arrow and voiced by Stephen Amell

Flash reskin voiced by Grant Gustin
    • Like x 1
  20. DCUO Post Loyal Player

OMAC Project would be a nice episode.
    NPC cast: JLI, Sasha Bordeaux, Maxwell Lord, Checkmate, Brother Eye, OMACs, and maybe Batman. :p

[IMG]