What do you hate the most?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Jadzea Dax, Apr 27, 2015.

1. SGS_JonLegend Well-Known Player

Any AM/WM when utilized from a far. It is annouying to to have your health bar melted within a moments because one AMers parked just above your head. But any power left alone in the sky is going to burn you quick. Give me the option to jump straight up and at them -- Those birdies can keep their aerial assaults. Aside from that, when you get into more competitive matches with premade teams... Those birdies go from a problem, to easy prey.

As per the rest of the list... Well we'll see what happens when the new GU hits. I'm interested to see how successful some of these are when the Breakouts work as they should. A large percentage of life lost, imho and from my experiences, is do to the amount of damage taken just trying to recover from a control effect. Breaking out directly into another control effect has a lot to do with the success of these AM's/WM.

Fire Tanks are excempt from my previous statement, however, as I've not had issues with CC against Fire. The issue with them is that because of the bonus's they recieve to their stats, they're able to heal themselves more effectively then most healers all while in the DPS stance. They're a two man army in the right hands. However! They, like everyone else can be defeated.

Additionally, yes, the windows for countering can be iffy, and I believe a lot of that has to do with one's personal connection. Some players just seem to have an outstanding connection to the game, and are able to execute tasks with a much higher response rate. Though my internet isn't chumpy, my connection to the game (especially in PvP) seems to always... lack. There's always a delay between my actions on the keyboard (beyond tolerable ranges), and when it shows up on screen that has cost me far too many encounters.

My suggestion, find a good PvP League to get in with. Start scrimming. Get away from the annouying mess that can be random PvP matches.
  2. Deamonox Well-Known Player

There are people who spam combos and they are inturuptable but even if you get countered as celestial you still do enough dmg to burn your opponent so that is something I consider op
  3. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Are they in the air or on the ground?
    you're talkin dps so I can understand. Even then, if they got nerfed people would still say they're OP because they can get combos off.

Eh, It's not worth it to use the AM half the time imo.
    WM Dark Pact Anoint is just fine to me.

What I consider OP is Wolf Form uppercut
    Hard light single target burst.
    Fire self healing
    Sorc Healing
    Nature healing bug form strictly due to power regen
    • Like x 2
  4. Absolix Loyal Player

Wait, really? Am I missing something?

I would think that has more to do with healers in general being the strongest role, not Sorcery specifically. Nature is an obvious outlier, but Electric and Sorcery appear to be pretty close together, at least to the best of my knowledge.

On a different note, I've had some decent success using CcR for healing. It is difficult as you have to see the need for healing before you actually need the heal, but it has good burst healing for a lower power cost than just straight Renew
    • Like x 1
  5. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Circle stacks. It's why they're sought after like Nature.

I like CcR :)
    Good! Im glad you're having success but my opinion with Celestial is meaning seeing as though Im complete and utter garbage with it.
  6. Absolix Loyal Player

Circle has one the highest power costs and it's cooldown matches it's duration, so it typically isn't stacked. It might be decent for healing the steady burn from outside counters, but Shard or Ritualistic Word with a Watcher can do the same thing for less power.

Celestial still lacks a good power efficient way for dealing with steady burn, but usually a Nature Healer at this point can handle most of it by themselves. The single target burst healing needed for when someone gets countered is done decently for a good powercost with CcR/R, but because of the delay requires much more foresight than any of the other healer powersets in scrimmages. Without seeing it coming the single target healing becomes much weaker with Admonich/Renew which compared to Harvest/Blossom is a little sad.
    • Like x 1
  7. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Doesn't matter. The damn thing stacks.

I dont care at this point. Nothing will be done about it until season 4
    I do fine without it. And that's what batteries are for right? ;)
  8. Talwe Well-Known Player

For electricity healer to keep up with efficiency of average Shard of Life in single target healing, he has to hit Arc Lightning + Electroburst combos where either
    *Arc Lightning heals wanted target once and he is nearby 6 electrified opponents for Electroburst
    *Arc Lightning heals wanted target 3 times and he is nearby 3 electrified opponents for Electroburst
    or anything better.
    So if Arc+EBurst is not going to do that on average for the whole game, you would have been better of as a Sorc using Shard of Life.
    Ritualistic Word + Watcher has even better efficiency than that.
    In addition if you manage to spread your Shard of Life's Bad Karma already on 4 to 5 guys, it's efficiency goes off the roof as well (even higher than Ritualistic Word + Watcher where watcher only uses Remedies).

In general i personally find Sorc much more reliable than Elec.
  9. Ruru New Player

Air spammers drive me nuts when I pug. If they are good at positioning, it's like they get a free counter at the start of each fight. They aren't a problem in scrims, but I still hate anyone that relies on such cheap tactics.