What Artifacts Are Tanks Running?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dead Reckon, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Dead Reckon Well-Known Player

The title says it all.
    • Like x 1
  2. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

Lazarus water, the og tank one, and sc. I was gone a couple months tho, and never went back to scope out the ones I missed, so that may be deemed fairly unorthodox.
  3. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Dilustel Refractor, Legionnaire's Sparring AI, Tetrahedron of Urgrund.

Playing a fire tank means I need to look at health stats. Dilustel Refractor's first and biggest stat is health, then dominance. Legionnaire's Sparring AI gives me some control resistance plus a bit of health, as well as precision (I'm in melee range) and dominance (helps shields). Now I know... Tetrahedron of Urgrund is a DPS artifact... but it's main stat is health, followed by might, and then power. There's also the possibility that, depending on the group, the buff granted from mine will exceed that of a DPS in the group who is also using it... and if not, I still benefit from the Health and Power stats quite nicely... plus it makes for one less artifact I would have to level. :)

The other possibility I considered was Lazarus Pit Water instead of the Tetrahedron.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Lazarus Water, Tetrahedron and Sparring AI
  5. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Sparring AI, Cog and VWD because it’s fun beating DPS in tank role.
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Refractor, Sparring AI and just added Lazarus water as the 3rd. I'll probably get frustrated with that though, as it's super easy to accidentally use it and i'm still at the 12 hour lockout mark. There needs to be a 2 second press and hold or something to activate it. If I get tired of it auto activating, I'll probably just put Tetrahedron as it's my highest arti after refractor.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  7. Trexlight Devoted Player

Dilustel, Lazarus Pit Water and Cog of Mageddon. I chose Cog as my 3rd cause it gives larger Health % than Legionnaire. I decided to focus on Health for my Rage Tank than another chance of Counter immunity. On the plus side too it strengthens my WM Spec too so i found it a win win
  8. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Tetrahedron r160, Soul Scrap r120, Lazarus Water r160

For PC we use a totally different key to use the artifact. For us to rally after rez its [Enter] key, [Esc] key for flee, and [Backspace] key to use the Lazarus Water resurrection.
  9. L T Devoted Player

Fire tanks should consider the starheart, or the demon's fang if you want a bit more offense or just want the special bonus to activate. Restoration is very effective for fire tanks
  10. Trexlight Devoted Player

i play on Controller too and I dont see the difficulty. To Rally its A, to Self Rally its X and to leave its B. Unsure how he is hitting it by accident :/
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well for us controller users (I also use controller on PC....lost my KB gaming skills by now) it's square. Same button as melee attack and probably 2 buttons you use frequently on the tray (one of my shields is on R2+Square). So if you go down while attacking, or popping a power that uses Square, you generally activate it and immediately die again. Maybe they could make it a 2 button combo for controllers vs a countdown. Like Square+Circle....unfortunately there are no 'extra' buttons for us to use like on a KB.

Another thing that would make it better and allow for the occasional accidental use is that you come back with full health or a 5 second shield. Not sure which of these is hardest to program (button combo, timer, or health/shield at res), but something should be done. I've stopped putting more Nth in mine because I'm thinking of phasing it out and only putting it on for Elite runs where a clutch self pickup might make the difference in a boss fight.

Reinheld
  12. spack2k Steadfast Player

the ones who give the most % to health
  13. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Ah man that sucks, yeah Me and KB life lol. Been playing like that for almost 6 years. Like a part of me by now. Lol
  14. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I used to only think the Demon Fang was only good for healers until I saw a fire tank rockin it and I was like " Oh yeah! No way...forgot that resto is big for fire tanks". Totally awesome.
  15. Mazahs Loyal Player

On my Atomic I use Dilusteel, Scrap of Soul Cloak for the 8 main shield & just starting on Lazarus
  16. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Lazarus is definitely the best godsend for sure when tanking. For me if I wipe ever its at the end of a fight with either a ton of adds or the boss got lucky and the final boss fight goes downhill from there. But with the artifact, I get myself up, drink my krypton soder to get instant full hp + power + tank bonus (Absorb Damage up to 8% of Max Health - Group for 6s), and then we finish it. It was my very first artifact I was determined to get to rank 160. It was the last artifact I leveled and the first to reach rank 160. Lol
  17. Mazahs Loyal Player

For me at least Scrap of Soul Cloak was/is the best. Having the Atomic 8-man shield has saved runs so many times I couldn't count.
    With the Atomic combos (that continue to pull) Dilusteel was my 2nd . I look at the Lazarus as a cherry on top and am working to get that one up quickly.

^^^ Everything I said is likely completely bass-ackwards as this is my #1 Alt and play Light Dps/Troll 80% of the time:)
  18. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Nah seems about right for an atomic tank. For me Im earth so what I use benefits me differently. But sounds pretty solid with what you got. If earth had a group shield Id probably have the Soul Cloak Scap at 160 instead of 120.
  19. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I didn't even think to use the fang, thats wicked smaht
  20. August Jade New Player

I did the exact same thing except I used the Legionnaire AI instead of the Water since I already had it leveled to 100 (strictly for the health and dom stats). Was planning on consuming it until I saw that we were getting a 3rd artifact slot. Would love to run with you sometime Trex and watch how you Rage tank and dps, see if I'm doing anything halfway right. ^_^
    • Like x 1