what are your top 5 favorite powers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by veneficus OP truncus, Nov 15, 2015.

1. veneficus OP truncus Committed Player

these are my top 5 (in no particular order)

Hard Light - looks awesome and fun combo chains
    Electricity - the storm cloud is a winner
    Rage - tanking is uber fun
    Celestial - looks good, fun combos , great healing
    Earth - tanking is active, good damage, pets

that's my top 5 list..
    what is yours??
  2. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

1. Nature. I love playing it, it's so fun and I have so many armories because it's so versatile, in both roles !
    2. Mental. While I don't think it's currently that fun to DPS with, I love the concept of the powers and I'm hoping for a really good update.
    3. Earth. I really enjoy Earth, especially Tanking, though it's a been a few years since I've played it. Back then Crystal was a big no no lol.
    4. Rage. Rage is really fun to play, though a bit repetitive. I wish there were more viable combos and constructs.
    5. Atomic. I've only been playing this for a little while, but I'm really enjoying it.

Honorable mention: Gadgets. I've never played Gadgets (beyond leveling) but it looks like it would be really fun to play competitively.
    • Like x 1
  3. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

1.Hard light love the combo's love it since the first day it came out looking forward to the mid range
    2.Celestial again combo's love healing with it two
    3.Atomic haven't try to tank love both dps sides i love it has the option to change from combo or ai
    4.Fire i love how fire was at first i can't really say i love The Am all to well i kinda don't but the power use to be fun
    5.Electric i love electric was at first, don't like the Am again but this am hasn't had the Mid range so looking forward to this one.
    • Like x 1
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

1. Celestial
    2. Electric
    3. Fire
    4. Quantum
    5. Sorcery

Was being too nice actually. If i could I would put celestial at all 1-5.
    • Like x 2
  5. CaptainColdilocks Dedicated Player

1. Quantum - the teleport has saved my life more then any other thing in the game. Troll is killer too.
    2. Munitions - the mobility is what makes this power so special. Troll is also great.
    3. Nature - even though I'm not a fan if the dps aspect, the healer stance is where it's at!
    4. Rage - only for the ranking side; the idea of rage is super cool.
    5. Hard light - although there's no chance in Trigons Proson I'd play HL ATM, it was my first love and lasted for 2 years before I took the ring off.

I haven't played all powers, but have been most. Since the birth of my main (many years ago) I've only switched powers 3 times, but have created many alts.
    • Like x 2
  6. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Hard Light: I cried when it dropped, then I cried because it sucked, then I cried because I had to figure out to do all the clipping required on a ps4 controller, then I cried because of dovetails, then I cried they changed the combo system, now I cry because it's pretty worthless for anything besides pvp...... Not sure why I love this power it makes me cry a lot.

Earth - aftershocks jackhammer hells' yeah

Munitions - Guns, more guns, ole painless, rail guns, rocket launchers, noisy cricket, and a big gun that literally disintegrates things plus mobility. All this plus a headband and a battle roar. Oh yeah if all else fails mini nuke the original animation while prone to causing epileptic seizures and damaging the soft tissue inside your orbital cavities (i.e. Your eyes) was totally cool In a weird I'm convulsing on the floor but damn that animation is awesome kinda way.

Rage - maybe the most fun tank power in the game

Not quantum the power, quantum tunneling the ability is just to cool. I really can't stand that to teleport in a superhero game you have to be quantum but you do, oh well it's still pretty sweet.
    • Like x 1
  7. Necro Maat Well-Known Player

1. Sorc-- gotta respect my 1st power & it hasn't let me down as a healer yet
    2. Nature--plant powers (I really want 1 big Audrey II-like power) & the werewolf form (the dog form needs to GO!)
    3. Fire-- tank
    4. Electric--looks only, as an actual working power: wouldn't make top 100 :p
    5. Quantum--the stuns, and come on...the teleporting power, it is just fun!
    • Like x 1
  8. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

I primarily played support btw. All are based on support role.

1. Nature
    2. Gadget
    3. Sorcery
    4. Quantum
    5. Rage
    • Like x 1
  9. X-zero Loyal Player

1. Fire
    2. Quantum
    3. Mental
    4. Celestial
    5. Light
    In order
    • Like x 1
  10. The Anxient Loyal Player

1. Atomic the tanking is rough and takes some adjusting but is an awesome power
    2. Quantum love the trolling and the stuns.
    3. Earth DPS and tanking can both be top notch and still has room for some customization
    4. Ice dps is dull but the tanking can really shine in most any situation
    5. Mental was my first power. Hard hitting dps, given its kinda boring and I love turning adds into ghost when trolling
    • Like x 1
  11. Vodka Committed Player

1. Atomic - FotM for me right now, it's just altogether fun.
    2. Sorcery - My main support. Not a lot of stress to perform well.
    3. Munitions - I really want to like it, but it's teetering on a knife edge.
    4. Rage - Not too bad with it, aesthetics are nice.
    5. Celestial - This probably tops aesthetics for me, but I'd find it more fun if it weren't as complicated.
    • Like x 1
  12. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Im a support enthusiast.

1. Celestial: so much fun playing an active healer power.
    2. Gadgets: Battle Drone and the Holographic Decoys are so friggin cool. I like that it's an active troll.
    3. Mental: I can turn stuff into ghosts then freeze them or set them on fire. Or trap them in a bubble. Or levitate them. I have fun with Mental.
    4. Earth: Aftershocks are still my favorite. But I enjoy Crystal' s company. I look forward to the day Earth can truly Battle Tank.
    5. Sorcery: Fury and Guardian are badass. I look forward to fury getting a damage increase in healer role.
    Watcher I also appreciate when it heals instead of doing puny 600 hits with its power attacks.
    • Like x 2
  13. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

1)HL
    2) Rage
    3) Earth
    4) Cels
    5) ICE
    • Like x 1
  14. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

1. Light
    2. Nature
    3. Earth
    4. Gadgets
    5. Atomic / Rage

I have a hard time with that last one but I do like both equally....
    • Like x 1
  15. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

1. Gadgets.
    Soooo satisfying when EMP/PD actually hit full whack, especially now that its broken (soon to be fixed, cmon testers!). Theres also nothing more satisfying while waiting for a group to assemble as Stealthing yourself and mining the PVP villain base. They always think you're dumb enough to stand right beside the mine that just went off lol.

2. HL.
    Hands down, the coolest animations in DCUO. And thats just a scientific fact. Pity its dmg went the way of the Dodo. Will be interesting to see the improvements made in GU56.

3. Munitions.
    Hated the idea when it was announced, loved it when it was live streamed, got better when I made a toon with it. Its just all kinds of Bad*ss. Reminds me of Solid Snake from MGS1, I mean really, where the hell did he hide all those guns lol.

4.Earth.
    Screw pets, if you're making a Super Strong toon akin to Supes or Hulk or Darkseid, im sorry but powers like Jackhammer/Shards/Localised Tremor just take the p*ss. They just look soooo good.

5. Here comes the Curveball: Iconic Powers!
    Ive made a few "Iconic Copies" over the years for fun, and forgetting how awful the dmg is, the Iconic Powers are actually Fun. Throwing Exploding Batarangs? Calling on the Thunderbolt of the Gods? Tying someone with an unbreakable Lasso? Or burning through your enemies with Solar Heat sprung from your friggin Eyes? Sign me up please!
    • Like x 2
  16. lukelucky Devoted Player

Fire
    Electric
    Hard light due to versatility and its fun
    Rage
    Earth

Atomic might get put in anywhere behind fire after I get around to trying to tank with it. Seems crazy fun
    • Like x 1
  17. Skelter Helter Well-Known Player

1. Celestial

I still consider Celestial to be the most visually pleasing power in the game. The way the Combos mirror each from the way they look from the way they work is a sight to behold even after being over two years old.

And don't get me started on the opportunities for both the Healing and Dps roles...

2. Atomic

I switched the day it came out and I don't regret it one bit. The AMs adds a lot of different ways to approach combat, it might even be the most versatile Dps in the game..maybe.

While Tanking can definitely be improved, overall I think it's a fine tanking power while being loads of fun. And that Mass Density.. :eek:

3. Earth

To put this at number 3 was but disheartening for me because it's such a great power. Aftershock tanking is some of most fun I've ever had in this game. Brick tanking is just as strong and I still loved the guy tanking beside me back in T5.

Crystal dps is absolutely monstrous at the moment, and if you can maximize her damage potential, you'll do insane damage.

4. Gadgets

P.I. interacting in the Dps role takes a ton positioning skills to use it's maximum potential, although that's being changed in the near future, Gadgets is still far better optimized than the other 1234 mechanics in game.

I don't normally like Trolling, but I find Gadgets to be the one I'm most comfortable with. A lot of different approaches as well, Battle Troll, Battle Drone to give Pets like Crystal and Fury extra power for Extra damage and so forth.

5. Nature

While I don't use this power anymore, I still remember how satisfying it was to rotate through different forms to get those insane dots going.

I can pretty much solo heal anything as a Nature Healer, hots stacking and can incredibly power efficient while endlessly spamming heals.
    • Like x 1
  18. Dark Horus Dedicated Player

I play every power except for lantern powers , nature and atomic I like all the power I do play.

1) Gadgets
    2) Electric
    3) Fire
    4) Mental
    5) Celestial
    • Like x 1
  19. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

in no order:

quantum - b/c I like the stuns it has
    fire - from the time I've been tanking on my alt with fire I like not having to rely on healers that much.
    mental - love turning adds into ghost :p
    ice - like how simple its AM is for the dmg you get in return
    sorcery - idk is just 1 of those powers I've always been drawn to since around 2013-2014 (or when ever 111cr was max) it gives alot of options of powers to use and before WM builds became crap, you had so much choice with sorcery DPSing.
    • Like x 1
  20. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

thats something I think needs changing about watcher IMO, watcher shouldn't waste power on attacks all its power should be for healing nothing else, but thats just me though.

I hate having to use offering in heal stance too just to make sure my dumb *** watcher has power due to he / she / it attacks more then heals with its power.
    • Like x 1