What are you watching now?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by theAverageGuy, Jan 9, 2021.

1. theAverageGuy Well-Known Player

A general purpose what-are-you watching thread.

TV:
    • Currently watching Star Trek Discovery (season 3). It's kinda meh.
    • Caught up two recent seasons of South Park.
    • Lovecraft Country (season 1) A-
    • Impractical Jokers A+ re-runs
    • Cobra Kai (season 3) - A-
    Movies:
    • Ad Astra - Brad Pitt's space movie B+ . Am late to this. Movie is slowburn, but it was decent.
    • Chicago Trial 7 - A+
    Some classics:
    • All the President's Men (1976)
    • Oliver Twist (1948) version
    Any good recommendations out there?
    • Like x 2
  2. Controller Devoted Player

I know it's late to the party but if you haven't seen the NEWEST Ghostbusters CHECK IT OUT lol.

NAILED IT.

[IMG]

[IMG]

I am SO SORRY I didn't see this at the theaters but it was AWESOME.

Just good feels with this one.

Looking forward to NUMBER 2.
  3. Eve YouTuber

Nice thread!

I don't have much time to watch anything but I do watch:
    · Young Justice
    · The Flash S8

My brother watches Flash for me so It is fun to catch up with each other when we are not busy lol (Sometimes we watch together too)

If I were to suggest really good shows, they are old but gold:
    · The Walking Dead 1-4
    · Charmed (OG)
    · Supernatural
    · Shadowhunters the mortal instruments
  4. FoolsFire Devoted Player

My current all around must-see shows...

- Tubi - (Free with commercials)
    The Booth At The End : This is a free master class in acting.
    Dead and Buried: Classic horror movie with a classic twist ending.
    Dark Shadows : The original daytime vampire soap opera.
    Columbo : This classic murder mystery series has a twist. You see who the killer is at the beginning. The idea is to figure out how the detective figured it out. (Warning: The first three episodes are only so-so. Stick with it and you'll see Peter Falk seamlessly evolve into the character we all learned to love.)

- Crackle - (Free with commercials)
    All In The Family : If you haven't seen this classic comedy give it a try.
    Soap - This nighttime soap opera had one of the first non-stereotypical gay characters on U.S. television.

- Apple TV -
    Severance : Think "The Office" meets "The Twilight Zone". Starts out quirky, gets frightening, and ends up suspenseful.
    - Netflix -
    Love Death and Robots : Third season just started and it just gets better and better!
    The Sparks Brothers : Documentary on the legendary brother group who have been releasing albums for over forty years.
    Dracula - This most recent BBC version surprised a lot of die-hard fans for giving us a refreshing take on the vampire.
  5. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

The Sparks Brothers documentary is a fun watch. They're a band that's always been on the periphery of my radar. I don't recall ever owning any of their albums, but whenever they came on the radio or a video, i've always been surprised they're still around. They're a band that make music on their own terms, and throughout history, those have been the artists who endure. David Bowie, Neil Young, David Byrne, Miles Davis. Artists who try to be the flavour of the month tend to vanish quickly.
  6. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

highly recommended:

i'm living for the season three premiere of the boys next week. in the meantime the animated "diabolical" was so much fun i'm hoping it gets more episodes.

i checked out the cbs show "ghosts" due to the inclusion of flex mentallo actor devon long and fell in love with it so much i've binge watched three seasons of the original bbc version. does well in the heartfelt/feel good department mixed in with some very subversive adult humor.

also the sparks rock.