What are good 'mark run' raids to do Vil-side?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SigmaAtom, Apr 25, 2018.

1. SigmaAtom Committed Player

Hi guys

So.. today I realized I didn't have *all* the lantern gear, because I don't have it on Vil-side too. I logged on my Vil and saw I have 27 marks.. I need 160 to get all the parallax and ophidian gear*.

What raids are good for marks? Like I know Paradox Wave gives marks.. but what else or is it random?

thanks

Sigma

*this means when style unlocking comes I can have all the Lantern gear on all Lantern chars.
  2. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

The loot picker after each boss in raids gives the option of a MoV (pre AF3 anyways, can't remember if AF3 onwards gives that DLC's currency). Alert bosses do the same a lot of the time but not sure if that's guaranteed. You'll also occasionally get a MoV as an option in solo/duo.

I'd say first off cover what's in relevancy for you, as obviously that will give you full marks as well as the option of an extra 1 in the loot picker.

Para in theory is good due to 5 bosses (5 Marks), but if you random queue it, don't expect the quick Mark run it was in AM days.

GoT is a reasonable option as I think it has 4 bosses & with Artifact it may pop quicker. Artifacts from the Past also due to Artifact factor, think that's only 3 bosses but is pretty quick.
    • Like x 2
  3. StealthBlue Loyal Player

It depends on what your cr is. Run all your relevant content first, then raids are a good option (as mentioned above). As for the gear you are getting, it sends odd to me that you don't have at least some parallax gear. Before scaling gear was added and accessable to low cr players, you needed several pieces of that to get into t6. Is think it's still faster to get some of it today, because it would give you a big jump in cr, as opposed to inching forward with scaling gear.

But I could see completely skipping ophidian if you were just trying to get to end game.
    • Like x 1
  4. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Prime Battle Ground? Very fast once you get in.
    • Like x 2
  5. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Unfortunately Prime battleground only has one loot drop for beating the final Brainiac form. So you'd only get 1 Mark. Two at most, if you were lucky to get the random Mark as well.

You can solo it if you are high enough, but there reward isn't worth it. Unless you running it to try and get the op style anyway.
    • Like x 2
  6. SigmaAtom Committed Player

My villains cr is 169, so I'm pretty much stuck with AF3 content. I've been in raids before where you don't get marks from the picker (is that still a thing? not getting marks/random marks?).. I don't really remember how I got up, think i was running a lot of NG (ICW) content, and some Lantern stuff but not buying anything other than rings and necks.

Oh.. I'm not doing it for the cr, its as per the OP.. want that sweet sweet* lantern style collection :)
    I have all the Lantern hero-side sets and want the vil-side ones too.

*Maurice Moss, IT Crowd.
    I won't ever wear it.. but I *do* want to own it :))
    • Like x 1
  7. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

At 169, can you not still get full Marks from KCT? It's not much but it's something
    • Like x 1
  8. StealthBlue Loyal Player

From my understanding on recent raid runs, you don't get the mov option in raids that are relevant to you. As Caesar's lion said, you should be able to get full marks from the last 3 months of monthly content (DWF, kct, rip in time, and the three Harley instances). But I don't remember what the cutoff was there. On the bright side, Oly is run fairly regularly now (due to catalyst), so you could run that a few times a week, if you're willing to spend replay badges.

What I meant was, you need a few pieces of parallax gear (or get lucky with drops of red lantern gear from A&B) to go from t5 to t6. The other dropped gear doesn't get you near high enough to start t6. So I would think you have at least some of it (since you are on t8 content). But if you inched your way through that barrier with scaling gear, I guess you might not.