Well that sucks

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by travelingtheory, Jul 9, 2020.

1. travelingtheory Well-Known Player

Ive never had to unsub a mmo because it just stopped working. Cheers DCUO, i wanted to keep playing.
  2. FoolsFire Devoted Player

It is working. Just not as intended.
  3. IonHero Committed Player

4. Wildcat Committed Player

connection error or Your account banned?

post some screenshots.
  5. travelingtheory Well-Known Player

6. travelingtheory Well-Known Player

Correction, the ticket was answered. I attempted several changes and reinstalled. no dice.
  7. Apollonia Dedicated Player

I get this error frequently. It happens when Windows is trying to download updates at the same time the launcher is trying to connect and download. When I download all my Windows updates and everything is up to date, I relaunch the launcher and the game connects and downloads fine.

I literally just did this 15 mins ago (took an hour) and I can connect again.
    • Like x 1
  8. myandria Item Storage

I've experienced the same thing with other computer MMO games (I play DCUO on PS4). I have my computer updates set so I get the notifications, but nothing downloads until I am ready to download them. This way, I can get my playing time in and afterwards start the downloads myself.
    • Like x 1
  9. travelingtheory Well-Known Player

could be a microsoft account or space issue if the windows update is dying cause its too big but that would be bizarre. The game hardly updates ones its installed.
  10. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

It's definitely a space issue as explained to me by a Microsoft technician many, many years ago; the windows updates can use up a lot of space (if you have more than a few) and conflict with other running programs so it is always recommended to schedule updates (automatic and manual) when the computer is little used and during off hours (overnight, for example). Currently, it is an issue that can be easily remedied without harm to your computer. And I agree that the game doesn't perform enough updates to conflict with a system update.
  11. kingmasternova Loyal Player

Did u clean out ur cookies