Webpage to view missing feats.

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by IonHero, Jul 26, 2017.

1. IonHero Committed Player

Made a page which shows characters missing feats (could not find one up to date, so I made one)

http://zonexus.ca or (website.tk site seems to be down.)
    http://dcuo.is-great.org/missing.php
    http://zonexus.website.tk/missing.php (all things open to begin with)
    http://dcuo.is-great.org/missingu.php
    http://zonexus.website.tk/missingu.php (all things closed to begin with)

I know it could use some polish, clicking the stars at the top will hide all feats of that level, (click again to return them)

feel free to post mistakes or suggestions.

Currently up to date with:
    Hotfix: August 7, 2018
    Seasonal Event: Tides of War 2018
    Time Capsule: Kryptonian Time Capsule
    DLC: Teen Titans: The Judas Contract

Missing Feat Id (Name Known) count: 1
    2017 Fortress Survivor

Missing Feat Names (Name Unknown) count: 12
    Daybreak "feats"

Errors:
    If you can Identify any incorrectly identified missing feats please let me know
    • Like x 15
  2. Vicious Well-Known Player

This is the best thing I've ever seen on this forum. Thank you so much. Your website does all of the stuff that I previously had to keep track of in wordpad documents. This thread deserves all the likes.

Edit: A few suggestions after a little use

1) It would be nice if you could shade or color the 1*, 2*, 3*, 0* buttons to indicate whether they are toggled to show those feats or not. For example, maybe make the button grey when those feats are visible and white when they are not.

2) The checkboxes at the top that allow us to view time-exclusive or respec feats are very nice, but it would be cool if there was some sort of option to hide normal feats so that when we check the box to show time-exclusive feats, we only see those time-exclusive feats. Currently I can see my available feat points go up after ticking the box, but I don't know what time-exclusive feats were added to the list.

Also, while I was typing this up and browsing through the feats, I seem to have gotten a sudden error. There is a red box that shows up that says "There has been an error, please double-check the character name and server, then try again."
    • Like x 1
  3. IonHero Committed Player

Thanks for the kind words and suggestions.

1) yeah this is an idea I keep meaning to implement, I just kinda get side tracked with the actual game.

2) never really thought about something like this, I'll look into it.
    Side note: not sure time-exclusive is the best name either, I used to refer to it as impossible feats as all these feats are no longer available to anyone.
    renamed it as it is also impossible to get Villain exclusive feats on Hero Charcters...
    The Vast Majority of them are Survival Mode 0 star feats (Hidden Category), The "Back From the Hack" feat (General Category), and 2 Legend PvE South Gotham Courthouse feats(strangely 2 people have them)(Legends PvE: Jury Tampering & Legends PvE: Can't Hide!)

The error, usually comes from a miscommunication with the census data (often because the request timed out; giving it a minute and retrying usually works)... but can also come up if you type a name that doesn't exist.
    • Like x 2
  4. Vicious Well-Known Player

I agree that time-exclusive was probably not the right term, as I initially thought this included feats like Starro, Anti-Matter and seasonals. Maybe "Removed Feats" or "Expired Feats" would be a better choice.
  5. TheDrone Well-Known Player

Wow. Thanks a lot for this. So much quicker than scrolling through feats in-game.
  6. MastaMind Dedicated Player

I love this hence why I represent it within my signature. If you got an easier to use URL you could get some serious traffic. I have promoted it within game, and a lot of the players had nothing but good things to say. I keep it open in my phone's web browser at all times.
  7. HankFortensky New Player

Got this:
    There Has Been an Error
    Please double-check the Character name and Server, then try again
    Bad Luck or is the census gone?

Anyway: super nice idea. =)
  8. EP Ice Loyal Player

Told me the same and said it was on daybreaks side
  9. IonHero Committed Player

When that error comes up, the page received no feat list from the census. (So... I suppose it would generate that error on a fresh character too)

I probably could change it to identify the difference between it not finding a Character and not finding any feats.(probably one for not getting any response either)

When it it does find a User, it can sometimes time out because they have a lot of feats...(hmm... census server might be running a little slow at the time of writing it took almost 5 minuted for some characters to load)

However, this past week the census was simply down.

Any suggestions on what I should do for errors? (If I do have errors on my side, it will most likely prevent feats from showing up in the first place)

I could make the page refresh (either instantly or on a timer) when it doesn't find any feats.
    or I could display clearer errors.
    • Like x 1
  10. IonHero Committed Player

*Update*
    Added Many Riddle With Crime Feats
    (Preliminary, around 5-6 feats are not properly Identified)
    Completed
    • Like x 1
  11. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Still the best website ever. I have now memorized the URL but I still keep the signature in case I become brain damaged. I probably wouldn't remember that I had a signature, but I may follow some clues and eventually find my way back.
  12. IonHero Committed Player

Okay, I may be a little late... (although it is still the 26th in my time zone)

There is one mystery feat that I have not properly identified so it is currently not on the list. (I have it and still have no clue what it is)

like always there is a chance I have a few of the capsule feats confused with each other.

Would there be any interest in a way to view the missing titles (another sort button + titles added to the feat list)

apparently there is an error when calculating how much SP you are missing (it's suppose to be able to determine how much feat points you currently have by checking against all other feats...) figured it out...
  13. Mitaky New Player

Hey
    Do you need any help?
    I'd be happy to contribute coding or content wise
  14. Davenport Committed Player

Oh man, I love this idea. :D

It annoys me that I have so far to go on the R&D front, but at least it shows me what's left without having to sort through the trash.

One suggestion I'd have is to show an option to remove future feats on ones that stack, just showing the immediates. By that, I mean feats like Salvage / Gather / etc., that come in multiple levels (2,500, 5,000, etc.). Or maybe just merge them into bar. It just seems like it'd be easier to scroll through. Maybe it's just me.

Beyond that, my only recommendation is a color change. I'll leave the rest of the aesthetics to the more experienced. Keep up the excellent work. :D

Oh, and what's your game name? I want to give you something for creating this useful thing that I'm sure I'm going to use like crazy.
  15. IonHero Committed Player

Updated
    With wavedox down, should I add general character info to the page too?
    • Like x 1
  16. L T Devoted Player

Would be nice.

Your page is useful! Though a little depressing

Is there a way to show progression towards a feat? It would. Be sooooo awesome to be able to quickly go through my alts and see which one is closest to finishing a grind.....
  17. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

well done!!
  18. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I agree, IonHero, nice work :)
    Love it, very helpful
  19. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Wow this is something special my friend.
  20. Tacca Well-Known Player

Hi I was wondering if you could update your site to include switch servers?
    • Like x 1