Not A Bug Weapon: Rifle is not blockable at the end of the weapon chain

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Arqueiro Robusto, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Arqueiro Robusto Well-Known Player

Here is the video.
    • Like x 6
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please describe what you believe to be the issue and steps to reproduce.
  3. Arqueiro Robusto Well-Known Player

Tap all the way to end of the combo chain. Rifle isn't blockable on the last tap. It's in the video. Every weapon is blockable on the last tap of the combo chain.
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

After looking into this, this combo has never been blockable all the way back to 2012. We have updated the description to match that for now.

If folks think the combo should be blockable, please start up another thread in gameplay to see if we can reach consensus.
  5. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Shouldnt any melee combo that requires a tap melee input be considered blockable? All other weapons with a melee input are blockable except rifle. Why is rifle the only exception? Its been dated back to 2012 because thats how long its been broken. Im not trying to start a new thread because Im at work and I figured a simple reply to you would be enough for you to understand what I and others have been stating.
  6. Brother Allen Loyal Player

To clarify Balistical, the Rifle taps themselves are 100% able to be blocked if you block 3 of them. However, the 5th tap which is the end of a combo is not able to be blocked if you block just that one because it is a tap.

All that being said, the 5th tap should be able to be blocked because even though it is a tap, it is still the end of a combo and being as such, it does an increased amount of damage. The end of combos are normally represented by a hold and they do more damage yet they are able to be blocked. Reward vs Risk. In Rifle's situation there is Reward vs No Risk. You get extra damage for just tapping away and if an opponent tries to block 3 taps of the Rifle you have PLENTY of time to block break them. In the end, Rifle is far more reward with little to no risk and it should be put back to it's 2012 state. As far as I am aware, Rifle is the only weapon in the game with tap combos that once you get to the end of the tap combo the final tap is not able to be blocked.
    • Like x 2
  7. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Edited my original response above.

Reason: I stated "3 taps", it is "5 taps". It use to be 3 taps a few years back but they altered it to 5, for what I thought would be a temporary change. However, it has remained since in PVP. Worth noting in PVE 3 taps will get you countered still though while in PVP it requires 5 taps.

This essentially makes the rifle combo unable to be blocked unless you sit in block from the first tap to the last. Which if you sit in block that long and don't get countered your opponent isn't going to pose a threat anyway. lol.
    • Like x 1
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Again, feedback on the ability should be in a different thread/forum. This ability is working as intended.
    • Like x 1