Weapon Mastery Short Combos Damage Adjusted.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DCUO Post, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Its rather a fake balance. Sort of like a curtain, guessing they will pull up the curtain once all the powers are "balanced"
    • Like x 7
  2. Shin Law New Player

I have to agree completely with the way how PvP is. It looks like the game is going DPS centralized... I mean where do DPS get a nerf at? Oh yeah. . . I forgot, THEY DON'T. The way how PvP is, doesn't really promote playing as a support role at all, and when it comes to the "standardizing" of the stats, it really does favor the newer people a lot more than the veterans. Its already bad enough that they got rid of the utility belts and trinkets... I thought Arenas were supposed to be set so you can see how YOUR build weighs against others. . . but the way how it is now, Tanks aren't going for buffs or self heals or anything that promotes their longevity, which is their meal ticket. . . but choosing powers that are more along the lines of a DPSer. If people don't want to use trinkets and utility belts, go legends. . . don't take away the authenticity of someone's actual build and playing style.
    • Like x 1
  3. HTIC New Player

Oh I have some skill. I hold my own even being neutered I only need 4000 more valor to finish the new set. As I stated I'm all for the buffing of newbs. I just think it's a slap in the face and disrespectful to nerf my stats just because I've worked hard. I also think it's ludicrous, crazy, insane and wrong to strip away my tank buff. It's not right anyway you slice. If the really want to listen to the community, as Mepps said, they will change this as the greater majority do not like the current state of PvP and the absolute neutering of support roles.
    • Like x 3
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

You might want to check the Update Notes section of the forum.
    • Like x 1
  5. space outlaw Well-Known Player

hold on don't take it out of PVE I need it.. it helps do damage/cut power in half
    • Like x 3
  6. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

That's why balance is in quotes.
    • Like x 2
  7. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Personally I think it was one of the worst, if not the absolute worst, addition we've ever received in game. It was introduced as an alternative to clipping but instead turned into the only viable option. Then it was supposedly part of a balancing solution, but here we are 6 months later still as imbalanced as ever.

There are still significantly better weapons. There are still significantly better powers. The WM exceeds AM damage in every case and their results are skewed to show the opposite because every powerset uses WM in conjunction with AM to produce incredibly high damage numbers. It has caused PVP imbalance and a complete overhaul of the old PVP system to accommodate the increased damage output. It has caused power usage to drop dramatically, giving controllers nothing to do. It has caused boss fights to become incredibly high HP bore-fests.

I hate WM with everything inside of me. I know people like it, and I'm not saying anything negative towards them. I'm glad that people who didn't like clipping have something now, but as someone who loved clipping and the old combat system, I despise WM and all the changes and false promises it lead to.
    • Like x 22
  8. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I honestly agree with you.
    especially since it chopped screwed and castrated Celestial and Mental.

However, I believe it was a good idea but badly executed
    • Like x 9
  9. DialH New Player

Why do T6 bosses have so much health?
    • Like x 3
  10. Sabigya Steadfast Player

That's not a challenge, that is a chore.
    • Like x 7
  11. DialH New Player

Preach!

Hi, let's play a superhero game! Oh, but instead of powers you're going to spam weapons constantly, you know like super heroes do. Oh wait...
    • Like x 1
  12. space outlaw Well-Known Player

glad they are fixing it finally in pvp
    • Like x 2
  13. Shin Law New Player

So.... where's the DPS nerf at??? Ummmmm.. I don't see it. I see where Tanks, Trollers, and Healers got nerfed though.

PvP Counter Roles
     The "counter role" mechanic in PvP, for example Controllers beating Healers, has been removed. Because of this, the "Confidence" damage buff is no longer applied and role specific debuffs have been removed.
     Role specific debuffing effects have been removed from the following movement mode abilities:
    • Acrobatics
    o Forward Flip Attack, Throwing Knives, Zip Tie Attack
    • Flight
    o Downdraft, Swoop Attack, Whirlwind Attack
    • Superspeed
    o Cyclone Push, Tornado Pull, Vortex Trap
    o Damage Prevention in PvP
     Normal shielding effects now reduce damage by 25% instead of 100% in PvP Arenas.
     This affects the following abilities:
    • Blessing, Corrupted Blessing, Gemstone Shield, Neural Neutralizer, Reflection, Winter Ward, Bitter Winds, Shatter Restraints, Hard Light Shield, Light Barrier, Grandeur, Telekinetic Shield, Swarm Shield, Quantum Tunneling, Time Bubble, Redirected Rage and Boon of Souls.
     The following supercharge abilities have also had their damage prevention effects reduced to 25%:
    • Consecrated Ground, Sacrifice, Group Transducer and Ice Elemental.
    o PvP and Gear
     PvE gear is now disabled in PvP arenas.
     Only PvP gear may be used in PvP arenas.
    • Note: Disabled weapons still allow you to attack and perform all combos you know for that weapon. But, you don't gain any of the stats from a disabled weapon.
     There is now a single set of PvP gear for each PvP CR level that is shared for all roles.
     PvP gear now features a new Prismatic socket that accepts all normally colored stat mods.
     PvP gear no longer awards a socket bonus for slotting a mod of a certain color.
     Slot specific sockets have been removed from PvP gear.
     PvP weapons now use their full DPS value, rather than adding a large amount of Precision.
    o Infinite Cola in PvP Arenas
     Look for the Soder Cola Infinite on the PvP Vendors in the Watchtower and in the Hall of Doom. This infinitely refreshing cola never runs dry but can only be used in PvP arena.
    o Healing Supercharges in PvP
     Supercharge abilities that restore Health and/or Power have been reduced in strength when used in PvP arenas.
     This change affects:
    • Envelop, Invigorate, Eternal Flame, Anesthetic, Battle Drone, Hibernation, Group Shielding, Bastion, Convalesce, Event Horizon, Regeneration, Closed Loop, Infuriate and Transcendence.
    o Tanks in PvP
     Earth
    • When in Tank role, using any super power in a PvP arena increases maximum Health by 1.45 Health per point of Dominance instead of a bonus to Defense, Toughness and a flat damage reduction.
    • Aftershocks now reduce damage by 25% in PvP arenas.
     Fire
    • When in Tank role, using any super power in a PvP arena increases maximum Health by 1.45 Health per point of Dominance and grants a 65% increase in Healing received.
     Rage
    • When in Tank role, Rage users increase maximum Health by 1.45 Health per point of Dominance when using any super power near an enemy instead of two Health for every three Dominance for each enemy.
    • In PvP arenas, Relentless Anger and Severe Punishment now heal back 25% of damage taken rather than 100%.
    o Healers in PvP
     A Healer's healing is now strengthened by 25% in PvP arenas instead of 65%.
    o Controllers in PvP
     Controllers in PvP arenas no longer receive a Vitalization increase while in PvP arenas.
    • Like x 3
  14. Dylan Top5 New Player

And I think it's a slap in the face that I learned how to DPS and actually learn my power, then they give newbs weapon mastery and they can keep up with skilled players and not even have to learn the power or a real rotation.

Only difference, you still need skill to PvP... Weapon mastery requires no skill
    • Like x 1
  15. godonfire Active Player

. Wow dc you have no respect for the PVP community. No respect for those who since beta test serv worked hard to earn everything they wanted for pvp (buying replay badges ) its like everything for pvp is just giving alway for free now. no dedication no spending time and money. now days even if you lose you get pvp marks and this is making a lot of players go in arenas and just stay there not fighting because they know they getting 100 marks after the match is done I don't understand why the losers need to win a price? Is clearly a ****!ng shame.
    • Like x 2
  16. 5150x New Player

Newbs can't use weapon mastery if they are low SP.
  17. 5150x New Player

All they did is just balance it out.
  18. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I'm even fine if they wanted to increase weapon usage, but to make it the only viable option for competitive DPSing despite the claims that Advanced Mechanics are superior or equal is just a bad idea.

Superman punches people, sure. Batman is a master martial artist. But we know these heroes use their gadgets/powers just as often as they do their weapons.
    • Like x 6
  19. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I never liked the idea honestly. The concept of using 2 weapons is fine, but to make them literally mandatory in order to compete in damage is just bad design. It also should be up to us what weapons we combo into, not set in stone as to what it does.

I don't really get into the whole "Character concept" thing, but even I have to scratch my head as to why the hell my character performs the amazing act of FIRING PURE MENTAL ENERGY FROM HIS FINGERTIPS from his hands then decides, "I'll pull out a Bow and Arrow now".

Weapon mastery should never have been anything more than an alternative for players who didn't want to clip. It should be inferior in every way to Advanced mechanics, and not equal because AMs use power and weapon attacks don't.

I'd love for them to completely revisit the idea, but they won't.
    • Like x 9
  20. Sbel Devoted Player

I would assume not.