Weapon Change Feedback

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Sore, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thelostczarnian New Player

i actually agree with taps not being a bb across all weps. the dw hold range is stupid fast and weak to make it the same exact speed and damage and the range tap. this obviously is not balanced in any way. with a cr 90 weapon and 1600 prec should get 600-700 non crit on single target with no buffs. 1h should be 700-800 non crit since it is single target. i was getting 550 non crit damage with hb range hold on a 85 cr weapon with 1550 prec. range damage should more or less be calibrated around hb range hold. im not even going to include the tap that follows on hb since it is a legit ranged combo and therefore should do a lil more damage than a melee weapon bustn a range hold.
    • Like x 1
  2. Brice Allen Loyal Player

Well I knew it would happen sooner or later...back to MA I go.
  3. thelostczarnian New Player

makes me glad im rage lessening the blow greatly since i really dont need to use my weapon to range just like nature,hl, and celest. everyone else gotta get a new weapon..id start saving now for my hb or rifle if i was them.
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

At 1207 Precision and using 77.9 dps pvp weapons without any damage modifiers, I'm seeing the following damage numbers on a Sparring Target:

Staff Focused Spin: 212, 351 (crit), 213, 236, 180, 229
    1H Focused Blast: 146, 154, 151, 168, 141, 164, 135
    DW Charged Double Throw: 96, 97, 96, 98, 85, 150 (crit), 101, 92, 85
    HB Charged Blast: 164, 128, 221 (crit), 177, 248, 160, 189

Keep in mind that the timings on the attack animations are different now.

The new timing on HB's Charged Blast is really throwing me off at the moment. I'll suppose I'll get used to it.
  5. Remander Steadfast Player

Wow, that's really low. Focused Blast was already thought to have been dropped too much. Charged Double Throw looks to be about 63% of that. Wow.
  6. Sore Steadfast Player

You are correct. I didn't factor in the defense.

#RookieMistake!
  7. Mystere Well-Known Player

I was going to go weapon by weapon but the the broad issue is what everyone else has already stated; the dmg across the range Holds and Taps is way off still. The issue with Rifle is exactly what Sore mentioned above and the change will result in everyone (the few that haven't already) using rifle at range. Otherwise you spam as fast as u can the hold range for things like dual wield for tiny dmg that just isn't worth it.

Also note that with dual wield I was getting more dmg per range tap than range hold.
  8. Remander Steadfast Player

:eek: :confused:
  9. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

...any chance I can get my 70marks of reality back for this DW weapon? or an exchange for a rifle?
    • Like x 1
  10. Sore Steadfast Player

It is hard to say. HB is looking awfully appealing on test. I abuse the Rifle today on live. I might be willing to give up a little damage for a lot of power efficiency.
    • Like x 1
  11. TheDark Devoted Player

The DW's tap range speed looks like it's back to what it was a loong time ago.
    I still like HB.
    The damage from the hold range on the melee weapons like Staff DW and 1H is lame. Which I guess makes sense for a melee weapon. But could it be bumped to atleast the same range damage as MA's hold range attack (Heavy Shuriken)? It's higher but doesn't over do it.
    • Like x 2
  12. farm3rb0b Committed Player

I do agree the tap on DW looks like it used to once upon a time. The hold ranged throw looks comedic it's so fast. The HB is also a little quick looking, especially if you try to time it with the tap right after. But it makes more sense. That DW throw, though...just doesn't look right when I test it. Though, if you include the animation for the weapons to come back to the character, it is lengthier. Hmm....
    • Like x 1
  13. NexGenX New Player

You should post this on the W.I.P. threads as well, get some more attention toward this.
    • Like x 1
  14. NexGenX New Player

Is it just me or is DP's Magnum Round faster as well? I've never really paid attention to if it had a cast bar, and I've been using them since I started this game, but now they feel much faster imo.
  15. Tunso Developer

Looks like I have the flags reversed on some of the properties so you can clip out of the vulnerability but still get the full damage instead of those being the other way around. :D

We'll get those fixed up.
    • Like x 3
  16. Tunso Developer

Thanks, I'll take a look and try to figure out what's going on. They should all be fairly close to each other.
    • Like x 3
  17. Scorpion Well-Known Player

DW has become laughable this update so far has completely destroyed it. The charged throw is way too fast and damage is way too low. Considering the animation of the charged throw it should be more in line with two hands hammer throw. If the overall speed of the hold animation was increased to where two handed is then you can keep the tap just like the it was before this update and not change it.

Also encircling throw all I can say to that is, WHY? It was perfectly fine as it was usable anytime during your combo. While I appreciate it now being a BB since it always had the vulnerability as if it was, but seriously who wants to do 9 taps just to do a BB. As a long time DW user and seen all the changes made to it over the years this is by far the worst please don't let this go live.
  18. Sore Steadfast Player

I do share in the confusion around the adjustment to Encircling Throw. Nine taps seems awfully deep into a combo to switch from a last second melee hold to a range tap. Is this because the opportunity to be tapping away and then bait out a last second blockbreak seemed out of balance? As it stands today, I would think the opportunity to switch after 9 taps is far too late. Your opponent will get sufficient melee heat from you on their block or will have already launched some kind of stun, juggle or knockback on you. It doesn't seem like it would make 9TapHold more appealing because that's too deep of a combo to justify in PvP. Even in PvE I'd rather try my luck at the 9TapHold than try to bait an NPC into a blockbreaker.

Would a dev be willing to share the thinking behind this? I think that would help.
  19. Remander Steadfast Player

No one. No BB should be that deep into a combo. Heck, the opponent will likely be out of block before you get there.
  20. Sore Steadfast Player

• Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.