Weapon balancing

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Immortal Kyrro, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Are there plans to make weapon mastery a viable form of DPS again? I've heard people say that with the weapon balancing pass it would be, but was this ever confirmed?
  2. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

At one point AM and WM were suppose to produce similar results, but 2015 updates moved away from that. Hopefully the devs hear players and give players more options to allow for AM or WM builds. The only issue I see with that is Pet classes being to OP or Pet powers being more limited in their build vs. other powers. We will have to wait and see how the devs move forward with these updates, I mean they do have 5 month to work on this stuff and maybe more.
  3. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

How would pet classes be more open when just having the pet out cancerous the WM bonus?

4. SkullGang Devoted Player

Hes referring to the WM (weapon) damage, not the crit bonus.
  5. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Pet powers maybe the biggest issue due to balancing the Pet around regular and WM attacks.

The non AM powers with Crit bonuses would have to be buffed up as well. Like we want another damage pass.
  6. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

The previously stated intention was for some weapon clipping combos like flip slash to have equal weapon damage potential as the WM combo (excluding might crit). I'm just gonna assume that plan hasn't changed. I would also assume that during the subsequent earth/sorc update that pet damage would decrease and base player ability would increase to compensate and allow a more sustainable DPS than they have now. Fact is that they are both below baseline because it's not sustainable damage beyond the initial unload upon contact.

7. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

You wouldn't need a another pass. Just adjust the WM crits values accordingly

8. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

You would need another pass or we would end up with more players finding the new FotM power because of one or two moves with WM that would make it OP. Trust me, not all powers are being touched with these updates leaving many need some love.

Definitely would require another pass by the devs to ensure proper balancing.
  9. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Everything already needs another pass

10. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

It was stated that Weapon Mastery will be updated along with the weapon combos in this pass. Mepps had made that statement before.

Sorc and Earth need some evaluation though if weapon mastery will be an actual alternative.
    a reduction in power cost would help but I think its more to do with weapon based power regeneration.
  11. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

COUGH! NERF!

Crystal and Fury will probably have their damage adjusted downward, probably to the level it was with the original 2015 update we had to Pets and not the one that made them OP.
  12. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

Probably but keep in mind on average they're only hitting the 32-33k mark in which you can't even miss a beat in your rotation to hit that mark (collectively between the player and pet)
    Weapon Mastery was still whooping AM after that update though.
    Not doubting a pet nerf though
  13. bmce84 Loyal Player

They'll make WM stronger, but only Pet and Dot powers will be able to use WM in their AM, the rest of the powers will have to chose between WM or AM as they'll make it so weapon attacks cancel AM.