We need to know whats happening

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by FutureSoldier, Apr 6, 2020.

1. FutureSoldier Active Player

It has been 4 years since the last pvp balancing update and the developers have been silent about it ever since.
    We need to know what's happening. If you're not planning to update the PVP part of the game then let the community know. Can some developer reply under this post with what's next for pvp? Is it the end? What should we do? Wait for a pvp update or lose all our hopes for the pvp part of the game? What needs to be fixed has been said many many times on forums. Just let us know what to expect.
    • Like x 1
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Nothing. Nothing at all is happening. Pretty sure there's been a few thousand responses from devs saying they aren't doing anything ever again to pvp. Time to let it go
    • Like x 3
  3. Bantos2 Active Player

Their silence is an answer
    • Like x 1
  4. Mazahs Loyal Player

They have...many times.
    Currently there ar no plans for PVP

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  5. FutureSoldier Active Player

Very wrong, the last time they gave us an update that they had no plans for PVP was 1 YEAR ago when mepps replied under a thread. It's been one year full of PVE updates, 4 years without PVP updates. Are you expecting us to be happy with an answer that was given 1 year ago?
  6. Korvyne Committed Player

I think Mepps last word on it was March 2nd 2020. Cant see anything more recent, take a look. I dont mind either way but it doesnt seem promising.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...2020-transparency-please.307676/#post-4303534
    • Like x 1
  7. Mazahs Loyal Player

Just about 1 month ago

Mepps
    Sr. Community Manager

Malivic01 said: ↑
    “I'm merely asking this because now Dimensional Ink is working on a new title. My concern is how will this affect DCUO in the very eminent future?”
    Not at all. Same building, different teams.

“And my second question is, where, when and what are the new powers?”
    No new powers are planned right now.

“Another prominent issue is Legendary Member perks.”
    What would you like to see changed?

“Also, are we ever going to address LPVE? Before revamp, Lpve wasn't awful. Now, LPve is absolutely terrible.”
    No LPvE plans right now beyond potentially adjusting feats.

“And will PvP ever be addressed?”
    We do not have plans right now for major changes to PvP.
    • Like x 2
  8. FutureSoldier Active Player

I had no clue about this one, thanks
  9. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

The sad thing is, pvp doesn’t need a major change, the spamming issue just needs to be addressed,
  10. Brit Loyal Player

All balance and revamp issues aside, PvP was consistently played even when it was in it's most broken states. The reason it is dead today is because we have not had a new set of gear for over 2 years. If the CR102 PvP suit was released today, there would instantly be a new flood of PvP players queuing up to work on it, regardless of how broken the matches are.

The fact is, in MMOs, players do not run content that has no rewards. And we've been PvP capped for so long, PvP has no rewards.
  11. Remi King Active Player

One thing is certain, they need to do something, not having the variety of being able to play something else than pve, and pve being the same already used maps over and over is really gonna kill this game. All the good players I know are quitting one by one and I know it’s because they are realizing that this game is not worth spending time on. If you are gonna focus on pve only, then atleast create new maps, if not, do atleast something to make players want to pvp. I was gonna spend 150$ on the bonus artifact exp weekend but when I saw that the next dlc hub world will take place in metropolis, old *** metropolis, i didnt feel like spending any money on the game anymore.
  12. Mazahs Loyal Player

I agree on the rewards, but you are fooling yourself if you don't think the balance issues were at least as big of an issue if not more. Many of us "used" to run our dailies then hop into PVP for a few hours each night

That got less and less because of the massive balance issues. It only takes one or two matches getting 1 shotted before Id say screw it and log off. Same thing happens in fighting games ALL the time which is why you see balance passes happen so much
  13. RockingEvilZ Level 30

Can the devs atleast fix legends PVP. It's probably the most easiest.

-Fix 'Hal Jordan legend character block break' it's been so many years and it's still broken.

-Weapon damages are all messed up

-There have been many bugs where your weapon combo doesn't do any damage.

-Bring back the 2 second counter immunity award, I have no idea what the reason of removing it in the first place. That completely ruined PVP, it's no more about counter based game it's more about spam now.

-Re-spawn timers still haven't been fixed yet

-Visual effects of soder and trinkets inside legends/arenas are still buggy

There are few other bugs which I haven't mentioned yet and I believe they are really easy to fix, just stop ignoring it for god's sake. If you want me to provide you guys videos for better understanding then let me know DEVS but please stop ignoring every PVP side. Fix legends it's easy to do it
  14. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

neither faction would be hard to do, because contrary to popular opinion, pvp doesn’t need a massive revamp
  15. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

They've said many many many times that what's happening is nothing.Nothing is happening and there are no plans to do anything with PVP. They've said this on the forum, on Twitter, on Facebook, probably even on Instagram.
  16. RockingEvilZ Level 30

17. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

It’s quite possible that things with PVP don’t have an easy fix. Furthermore in the world of bugs that need to be fixed, PVP is not at the top.

Aside from that, they’re not doing anything with PVP. It’s not a priority and won’t be.
  18. RockingEvilZ Level 30

PvP is not on the top with bugs? Please stick to PvE thread if you have no idea how PvP works. PvE was always playable regardless of few bugs but the current state of PvP is full of bugs which makes it completely unplayable. Legends/Arenas everything is broken there are barely any PvP players left. Players can't get feat anymore in 4v4, 5v5 and 8v8 maps because there aren't enough players left to queue up for those maps. Whole PvP phase of watchtower and open world is dead. Dcuo hit the lowest player count ever since revamp took place and broke everything and you're saying there are other things to fix first? lol
  19. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

I'm well aware of how PVP works. PVP is not on the top of the dev list for bugs. They're not going to be doing anything with it, or as Mepps says, "There are no plans." I'm not saying there AREN'T bugs. I'm saying that PVP bugs are not a priority and probably will never be.
  20. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Pvp isn’t necessarily buggy, it’s just unbalanced, there is only a handful of bugs really, everything else is a balance issue, rather than it being a broken one