We need Open World, enough with PS3 excuses

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Derio, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Skidmarc Committed Player

I agree here there is so much potential for various types of content by taking those classic large areas and converting them. That is the most affordable and easiest option. Don't get me wrong I would love to have an open central, coast city or starling city but now just may not be that time. The game has other focuses at present that need hashed out before they can expand the maps that much. Until then I am totally fine with taking those large open areas and repurposing them.
    • Like x 1
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

I hope they put some new T7 solos in gotham wasteland. That place is artistically beautiful and its a shame not to reuse it. Its also a PS3 friendly area as far as rendering is concerned.
    • Like x 3
  3. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

I don't remember making any comments about paying your sub.

It's time to get rid of the almost decade-old hardware. Here's a link to help you get started: http://amzn.to/1Nq9pKh

Hope that helps!
  4. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

I say enough with the excuse of blaming PS3 for everything.

Yes it is a factor but it isn't the only one and all the people calling for it to be cut are in for a huge shock when the day does come and very little chances.
    • Like x 1
  5. Retired Red Robin Well-Known Player

War World for Survival instead of different places that we've already been too how about the dev's just make one place called War World and we survive against what ever the dev's through our way
  6. Jim Berry Well-Known Player

You will love the game on PS4. It will feel like an entirely new game. Unfortunately for me, I was only playing DCUO and Final Fantasy XIV on PS4. I urgently needed last minute cash and couldn't wait two days for payday. I sold the PS4 but continued to play said games on PS3.

My fiance later brought it to my attention that I shoukd have sold the Xbox One instead lol...
    • Like x 1
  7. Jim Berry Well-Known Player

On topic, the game has been loading and moving noticably faster lately. I don't feel like I'm at a disadvantage anymore. I remember when I would join a raid as solo healer, the group always had to wait for me to load in. Now, that is no longer the case.
    • Like x 1
  8. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

In Your view not daybreaks. Also compared to pc ps4 cannot do all it can handle so yes by your OWN standards you are holding pc back. Just because you don't like a fact doesn't negate it.
  9. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Read your own posts. You are backpedaling
  10. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Nope, they take up hard drive space and lie dormant until the engine calls for their models and textures to be loaded into the memory for quick usage.
    • Like x 2
  11. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Busy work? At one point prior to hitting Cr 116 I could obtain up to 8 marks a day doing nothing BUT daily missions (3 in Gotham Under Siege, 2 in the Historic District and 1 worth three marks in New Genesis. Then of course there were the bonus missions associated with doing those dailies... a bounty for completing 15 daily missions in GUS battling Killer Croc, Cat Woman, Cheetah or Mr Freeze and the solo challenge mission in the Historic District that had you battling Sapphires at Ferris Air. Each of those were worth another mark every five days (or less depending on how many Replays you wanted to waste) and each awarded an armor drop. Now the armor in Gus was CR 88 and aside from the style points was pretty much useless since most of your armor is CR 90 by then but the armor from Ferris air was CR 96 and could help improve you overall combat rating. Also had access to the Dr. lite bounty in Historic District and the Apok Commander bounty in NG . Doc light was worth 1 mark but the Apok Commander is worth 2 or more IF your reward box has the option for an extra mark. In all that totaled 61 marks a week (or more depending on reward boxes) doing BUSY WORK? (break down 8 X 7 = 56 marks + 4 for bounties and +1 for the Ferris Air solo challenge you can NOT do unless you completed 10 daily missions in the Historic District). The bounties in GUS require no more than two players to complete when you first arrive there and later on you can solo those. The Ferris Air mission HAS to be soloed .. So basically you are looking for a team twice a week to do Doc Lite and the Apok Commander. None of this stuff is long and drawn out.. I was able to run around soloing daily missions in those three zones in an hour or less.

And if I can ask a question exactly what was so boring about those missions? I could go to Gotham under siege every day and get three different missions from three contacts and it might take 3 days before I had to repeat the same content because every one of those contacts had 4 different missions they could offer you. A little less variety was available in the Historic District since you only had two contacts and each only had 4 missions but you could still walk in for several days in a row and get at least on mission out of two you hadn't done for a couple days...How exactly is that MORE BORING than what I am doing now at CR 133 with my main?.. Running the exact same Zamaron Corrupted duo and Desecrated Cathedral Alert every day for marks and potential armor drops. And in order to do either of those I need to find team mates... Those dailies I could log on and do all by myself while I waited for friends to come on line.

Not trying to pick on you here but let's all face facts here.. past level 30 this game is all about repeating the exact same content again and again and again until we up our Cr enough to move on to the next batch of content we get to repeat over and over and the higher your CR the worse it gets. At my current CR I still have access to the daily mission in NG and a total of three duos along with the Alerts and raids.. but the daily mission, weekly bounty and 2 or the 3 duos are dropping Cr 98 and 102 armor .. at this point the ONLY thing I do with that is convert it to salvage and when I do even bother with them I usually take the third option of a recipe, extra mark, piece of furniture Etc. over any type of armor at all. The Zamaron Corrupted Duo is dropping Cr112 or 116 armor and guess what? I have ten alts between CR 130-134 and not one of them, at this point, has more than 1 piece of that stuff they still need (on their secondary role) . All I am doing any of that stuff for is marks and on my MAIN.. I now have CR 123 armor in every slot available .. So aside from style points what do I need to BUY CR 121 armor for? The entire game revolves around doing the same thing over and over again to get armor drops and grab marks .. at least those (BORING) daily missions offer up a little variety and a change of pace for a little bit not to mention one more way to grab a pile of marks needed to BUY better armor and keep those utility belt slots and lair powers up and working.

At
    • Like x 1
  12. MrB Dedicated Player

I think db need to make dcuo work on my commodore 64 since you're all saying ps 3 is fine and not holding the game back.
    • Like x 1
  13. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

No, it's everyone's view.
  14. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I don't like open world content, the competition for competing it is not fun. I don't enjoy it at all, I'd rather run a quick solo and get it over with like Scion solo, it was quick and easy.
    • Like x 2
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Have to echo these sentiments a bit. Even in areas where spawns are plentiful for missions, players have a nasty tendency to just jump in on spawns other people are working on without regard.

Granted, in most situations you still get credit but even so it's just plain rude behavior, not to mention pretty inconsiderate.
    • Like x 2
  16. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

OK, so your business advice Didn't include anything about stop buying replay badges and power tokens.RIIIGHT
  17. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

So you are saying every single person everywhere agrees with you. Everywhere? Define all for me.
  18. TheFlying Grayson Well-Known Player

take this somewhere else. Open-world content is a good idea and that's what this thread is about
    If you really wanna get into it about ps3 vs ps4 there's plenty of threads about that, or just start your own
    that's all.
  19. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

By all, I guess I would start with you?
  20. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Umm I disagree, so no. IMHO what holds the game back would be 1 outdated engine 2. Lack of commitment from daybreak 3 lack or funds 4 lack of staff . losing 30% of your customers resolves none of those issues.