We Need A Kick Option For Duos

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rockhound665, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Gimpy Loyal Player

I didn't read through all of the posts just most on 1st page.

So if it has been said already forgive me,

Most think your only option is to leave the Duo and there isn't a Deserter penalty for leaving.

You can Kick in Duos just like in 4-8 man groups.

Social menu/group/player/kick from group.

The option is already there and so is the 3 hour ban for doing so.

So how many are still in favor of the 3hr ban??

Kick penalty needs changed but people fight against my suggestion for the change.

Personally I think they don't want it changed because they are the people who would be kicked.

Until the penalty is changed threads like this will always be on the forums.
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

The 3 hour kick timer is fine. People who kick to invite league-mates, to farm Rutherfordium, and based on CR without seeing how someone performs are the issue.

And you're right, I'm against removing the kick timer because I've been kicked for those reasons. Do you think a 90 CR player should be kicked from FOS3 just because he's the lowest CR in the group and the group wants a healer? Why would people 90+ need a healer in FOS3?

Do you think it's okay to kick two people who are 50-54 just so two 140+ league-mates can farm Rutherfordium in Oolong Island?

You don't mind playing with a league up until the final boss, and they kick you because another member of their league needs the final boss?
  3. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

True, but part of the idea I havent gotten to yet is its compound dmg. Just using the dps side as an example here, because there are seperate troll/heal/tank ones, I get what you're saying, they throw out massive dmg for the 1st 3 mins and then they're set for the entire duo. Thats not my idea. Each set of adds/ boss has a different requirement.

I'll give you an example, these numbers are FAR from factual or realistic but it simplifies it:

Duo: Cape carmine-

Adds before boss health pool = 20,000
    Min dmg for each player = 5,000
    Boss 1 (Diego) = 2000 dmg min
    Adds before boss 2 health pool = 40,000
    Min dmg for each player = 10,000
    Boss 2 (Croc and Deathstroke) = 6000 dmg min
    Adds before boss 3 health pool = 50,000
    Min dmg for each player = 15,000
    Boss 3 (Bane) = 8000 min dmg

Each step of the way, including during boss fights, you have a minimum. It obviously has to be a realistic minimum, something that a newbie who doesnt quite understand his/her power yet can hit, but still there. You dont get to throw out all your dmg before boss 2 and sit and wait for loot to come piling in, if you overdmg you overdmg, well done, you helped your partner out. Obviously one of the major cons this brings up is "What if your partner runs into the boss room before you can get to the 11 second teleporter?". Thats where the CR clamping kicks in, they're toast. The bracket would allow for variety but not allow one person to solo a duo. It'd literally have to be fluke/a miracle.
  4. Veritasum Loyal Player

I really don't understand where all of these terrible experiences come from. I Q for multiple duos on multiple toons almost every day and I rarely, very rarely have a negative experience.

Just move on. Don't create more ways for things to get abused in this game. Geez.
    • Like x 4
  5. Kroye Loyal Player

I doubt it - I believe the type of player that will "ransom" a duo completion to an "at tier" character is probably not going to kick their intended victim. That 150 isn't going to mind carrying an "at tier" character because at 150, they're one-shotting everything in sight.

They (the 150) are there for exceptional kits, prestige / merit tokens , or junk to salvage into complex materials for sale (and maybe a style? Don't recall if a Sector Agent / Incendiary style drops in that duo.) If they pick up an extra 20k for extortion along the way, that's a plus, but I don't think they would kick someone for having a low CR.
  6. Kroye Loyal Player

I don't think one player should have an option to kick another from a duo - it would just lead to abuse.

I do think that if someone stays KO'd for more than 30-60 seconds there should be an automatic kick. I think there should be a kick for not leaving the spawn area too, similar to pvp matches. I think that if someone doesn't move from one place for more than 2 minutes, they should be auto-kicked as well.

I'm sure there are issues with that, but it would go a long way to help prevent folks going afk without the abuse that a vote-to-kick option in duos would enable.
    • Like x 2
  7. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

"I just flew in the air and did something else in real life and eventually they gave up" probably would have gotten him kicked by the 150 player. While turnabout is fair play, a kick system in duos would render it unfair play.
  8. Kroye Loyal Player

I personally would never intentionally "disconnect" in a duo. I'd exit the instance before ending hte program. Intentionally disconnecting and tying up a duo is a pretty crap thing to do, and even against a DB it's still borderline griefing.
  9. Kroye Loyal Player

you wouldn't HAVE TO reset the content - you could just fight through them a second time with no loot. Your choice. Sometimes I've reset the entire instance, other times I've just worked through the second play with no lot for that first or second boss. But I never HAVE TO reset it. It's my choice to do so.
  10. Kroye Loyal Player

I have to admit, that I am in the same boat. Never did it before (despite being "held hostage" by a player back before we even had T3 duos), but since crossplay, I have left quite a few duos at the start when I saw that the reward wasn't going to be worth the investment of time.

That said, I attribute that more to CR Relevancy, and not necessarily cross-play. Example: I'm on a 113cr alt and load in with my minimum cr requirement" butt into the Flash Museum Burglary alt, to see a 131 controller. No thanks - don't want to waste his time or mine, so I just step out. wait a while and queue. Obviously, I'm hopeful I queue into that 157 munitions dps to carry me rather than the 131 controller, and thats more about the CR Relevancy that a PC / PS playerbase issue. I know CR relevancy existing before crossplay, but it never really mattered as much before to me. Maybe I'm just a lot less patient now.
    • Like x 1
  11. Kroye Loyal Player

I do, and know several folks that do. I'm not talking end-game finally few CR type gearing, but the grind from 0-150ish is simple through duos and I don't have to waste time in raids when folks that are still learning mechanics. I may hit a raid or two at each tier along the way, but the vast majority of gearing for my alts lately have been duos.

Over the last month I've taken 5 toons up to 155+, 3 of them from scratch, and the bulk of it was in duos just hoping for the drops that would increase my cr enough to open the next tier. Duos are great for that, and if I want to replay it, the 12 badges to resetting gives more "bang for my buck" than the 89 badges a raid does.
    • Like x 2
  12. Kroye Loyal Player

I laughed when reading this.

Because it's true. I have to confess I'd probably burn my 3hr kick window in duo too. Especially if it was a friend. So much rage would ensue, I wouldn't be able to stop myself.
  13. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

I don't get it either I never had someone do half the things people say happen to them. The only issues I even really had where people on lower CR, but even then the group ignore them or they leave and we press on. The best I can tell people is make your teams.
    • Like x 1
  14. inferno Loyal Player

Tempted to say yes with my similar experiences but I vote "no". Too easy to abuse and just as easy to put people on "ignore" and leave the instance. Eventually these type of players will limit the player base willing to play with their attitude by being put on multiple "ignore" lists.
  15. Kroye Loyal Player

The community is the best and worst thing about this game.
    • Like x 1
  16. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

It's not so bad when people do nothing in a duo. I ran Flash Museum solo at 133 because a 128 controller assumed I wasn't strong enough to help him get through it. He just stood at the start waiting for me to leave so he could get someone stronger. I think it took me 15 minutes to solo it because I was slightly below the suggested combat rating, but it was fun seeing if I could do it.
  17. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Exactly, so you're doing it the slowest most expensive way possible. Which means you either have a friend helping you who could help you faster in alerts and raids, to which you could return to those duos and actually enjoy them, or you dont and this would have little to no effect on you as you're not guaranteed OP players in queued duos anyway. When I levelled the toon I mentioned previously to 92, from 34-92 I ran into 2 OP players. Probably a good 60-70 solos duos alerts and raids and I ran into 2, so unless you happen to be the luckiest guy in dcuo who always gets a cr163 player, the point about new players is already invalid. As for the replay badges? You're probably already spending 2-3 times as much on them resetting duos to level up as you would be with raids, so the price arguments out the window too.

Personally I prefer smaller content myself, i get that angle. But to gear up toons? Not a chance. If thats your primary focus, im sorry but you're doing it wrong. Apart from the 3 T4 duos, which have great drops on 1 run, coupled with the new loot choice in all tiers system, im sorry but I see no validity in this point of view.
  18. Johnny0276 Dedicated Player

My problem is with people disconnecting in duos and 4 player operation. During The Phantom Zone I had 2 people simultaneously disconnect. Leaving me and ice tank against Fortress defenses. I was like oh, that's convenient. Tank left. I was last to leave and end up getting the deserter penalty. Do disconnected players still get the deserter penalty? I wonder.

Always figured they were just doing that on purpose. But at the same time I was experiencing freezing, link dead, etc during War of the Light missions in Metropolis Battlezone. So yeah, I don't know.
  19. The Game Well-Known Player

Yes it is ironic that's why I'm not bothering replying to your other comment lmfao. Read before posting kthx.
  20. Kroye Loyal Player

I'm doing it solo, and that's exactly why I prefer the duos. I don't need a need an "OP player" to carry me through lower level duos.

I don't normally have a friend carrying me through lower level contact on alts. The truth is, when my friends and leaguemates are in-game and available, I won't be on alts. I'll be on my main either pvping or running end-game crap, or carrying them through content. If I were having a friend power-level me through content, then sure, my opinion might be different and none of the following would apply.

At tier - which is when I'd be running the duos - I know I can probably solo most of the lower tier duos (not end game) because of things like consumable shields, soders, supply drops, healing sidekick, and my own personal skill and experience. (Not tooting my own horn, but lets be honest: a few toons in and the average bear has a pretty good grasp of mechanics.) When I'm waiting to get into a pre-formed group for Gates or Prime or whatever, those things don't form as fast as end game raids tend to. When I randomly queue into the raids or 8-player ops, there is no telling what I'm going to end up with in my group - I would rather have to carry one at-tier baddy in a duo than a whole raid of them, which is a possibility when queuing randomly into a raid.

Running old, low level raids "at tier" with an unknown group of people is an investment in time, and generally not worth the 89 replay badges it would cost me to replay them. That's not to say I won't run some of them at least once per tier, but replaying them is not the best use of my time. I'd much rather spend 84 badges replaying Shady Nightclub 7 times for that sweet lvl64 blue gear than spend an hour waiting for the queue to pop or pre-forming a group for the Power Core raid.
    • Like x 4