We don't need titles!!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RLManuel, Aug 3, 2015.

1. RLManuel Committed Player

Titles are pointless... I mean.. Really what the point of having them. The people in charge of this game like doing little things and treating them like there BIG things when there not. In stead of wasting their time with these little things they need to focus on making the powers somewhat balanced, LESS melee in end game content(because we can't survive that sh*t), and improving PVP(fixing late block breaking, invisible players, and getting block broken when you're not even blocking).

Will any of this be fixed over night? No! It won't, and I know that.

Also they need BETTER testing methods! I read a post that said they will be fixing the testing method but the way things are I doubt it will be that much better.
    • Like x 15
  2. Prosser Dedicated Player

:rolleyes:
    • Like x 20
  3. Biester New Player

Biester "smells what The Rock is cooking"!! I like this title. Can I have it, plz?
    • Like x 2
  4. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

They have multiple projects going on simultaneously. New development is not sacrificed for maintenance, nor is the converse true.
    They cater to multiple types of players simultaneously as well. In an Action MMORPG, the RP'ers, who love this addition, are just as important as the PvP'ers who are (still desperately) waiting for fixes, PvE'ers who want power changes, etc.

This update, to me, shows wonderful concern for the community. It's a simple, but elegant solution for multiple problems. Beyond giving RP'ers and the vain an extra new toy, it helps the player base. Something that this update does is it gives another reason for feats to be relevant, beyond SPs. That helps the "SP aren't relevant any more" people feel better. But, not only that, by encouraging feat hunting, it will give high-gear-low-SP players more SP. That helps the "SP are everything, progression is broken" people feel better. Also, notice that some of the probably more desirable names are attached to Episode (pay-only) feats. That's good not only for incentivizing playing older content, it's also good for the bottom line.
    • Like x 16
  5. RLManuel Committed Player

I see your point but it's stilll pointless, they could just make there be a skill point requirement like they have for combat rating
  6. Kharhaz Committed Player

I agree with the main post to a point, a bigger priority for me is SORT OUT THE BLOODY WINGS!

However, that's just me.
    • Like x 1
  7. SkullGang Devoted Player

No.
    • Like x 10
  8. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

There are a few reasons listed in the video below but I forgot to mention that they can add a little bit to your characters personality.

• Like x 1
  9. RTHERMITE Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  10. darkscarletx Loyal Player

I like the idea. I can't wait to have these title. But also you can turn off the title for your toon if you don't want it.
    • Like x 5
  11. Jak-Man Committed Player

I know that I certainly won't be using any of the titles, but I won't say that they're pointless, I guess. I have more interest in the customization deparment: styles, hair, body types, etc.

These changes are good, and I eagerly await for a better character creation system.
    • Like x 1
  12. Circe New Player

I like it, I think it's interesting and will add more options to our characters. I think it was only a matter of time that we got something like this, honestly.
    • Like x 5
  13. Drathmor Unwavering Player

there a waste of development time and just one more thing to take up screen space..

pointless!!
    • Like x 1
  14. Here2Help Devoted Player

Do we need titles? Of course we don't need them.
    Is there any reason to not have them included in the game? Of course not, it is a great addition.
    • Like x 5
  15. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

k. I had lots of points I made, and even addressed the progression aspect you've now mentioned.
    • Like x 2
  16. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

"We" don't need titles?

Hey man, thanks for asking for my opinion before speaking on my behalf.
    • Like x 13
  17. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

You guys so have to get over this false idea of 'balance' which usually means

WHY AM I NOT AT THE TOP OF THE SCORECARD.

Jesus christ. as long as the raid is completed you should just be happy. How many more useless gus about power balance do we need.

Isn't it scary to think gu's used to have styles, alerts duos etc and now every single one is because some dude is mad his am rotation does 1k/s less then someone elses. If anything more 'balance' in pve is just throwing the already neglected pvp into shambles.

For the fighting game communities sake, never touch one.
    • Like x 2
  18. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Fun fact....ESO has no scoreboard, damage numbers or combat log ;)
    • Like x 3
  19. RoxyStormbringer Dedicated Player

I don't need titles, but I want titles. This GU might make people grind more, which is good for everyone. As it stands now, I currently have all of the Hero Titles available for my main, so I'm very excited about them.
    • Like x 3
  20. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

It's called "for fun".
    • Like x 10