Waste of Money On Elite Gear - Just too much this DLC

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Charlieboy, May 17, 2023.

1. Plowed In Loyal Player

Hmmmmm…this is why I thought there was a delay between when new content is released and when the styles become unlockable…but perhaps that was only during the initial ‘onboarding’ of the system…not sure if intended, but definitely the most conservative use of episode currency.
    • Like x 1
  2. BumblingB I got better.

I haven't even bought a single one yet. Been focusing on the OP chest first, like I always do.
    • Like x 2
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I've calculated that at my current rate of earning, I'll get the Elite gear set completed around 2 months into the DLC. That means my 1 alt that will buy the normal gear (at 1/2 price) won't get his till after that.

So basically the same as the last 3 DLCs. Not seeing the issue other than it's been an issue on the Elite gear prices for many years now. Sounds like the only OP items that wouldn't cause this issue is the neck, rings, toolbelt and mask, 3 of which you need to buy for OTHER feats, then would throw away immediately after. Cheaper sure, but the issue is still the same.

If you choose to spend $26 in replays to get it done faster, that's on you. Guess what...skip the gear entirely and in a year both sets will be something like 104 marks when it hits EEG.
    • Like x 3
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Is the style unlockable immediately? I didn't think they were up to date all the time, although I haven't looked in some time.
  5. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

They should be as soon as the Style is released.
    Otherwise the Dev responsible for not making sure it is, will get their fingernails forcibly removed by Mepps.
    He said that in response to either a new Ep or TC not being Unlockable within the last year or so.
    Could be the reason they seem to be short on staff...

EDIT: Could be me misremembering. Gone as far back as 2021 without being able to find the quote :(
  6. Korlick Loyal Player

Well...we didnt have one of those for the Black Adam Episode. Bonus marks, yes. Gear discount, no.
    And i think we didnt get one for the Dark Knights either, atleast not until the Black Adam episode was already released (not 100% sure on this one, so....someone correct me if im wrong. Dont feel like searching the announcements right know).
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

No the 'spotlight' week, which he's talking about, will generally only happen AFTER a new DLC comes out, not while current. LOD and DK were both spotlighted while SOBA was current (I think LOD got 2, or one was during DK being current), but SOBA would only get bonus currency. We should see another DK and a first SOBA spotlight during Static, but Static won't get one till whatever is next comes along (I'm guessing 'Flash' related or something completely new?)

So he's not wrong in principle...just in timing. 2 months should be more like 6 months...or if Static is excessively long, maybe 9 months. By then I'd guess all gear could be bought at full price even with Elite gear throwaway pieces and using no replays.
    • Like x 1
  8. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Ep 46 is slated for Q3 2023 which is the July-August-September time frame I think? Where I work we are in Q4 right now and Q1 starts July 1 2023.

Regardless, we are at least 2 months away from any announcement so at least 2 months or so before SOBA is ‘spotlighted’ would be my best guess based off of past spotlights. If anything, by late June - early July we should be getting a double currency week for Shock to the System before anything SOBA related.
  9. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Ok…. Bonus Week for Shock to the System is now …
    Does anyone have any Dijon Mustard to go with the crow I’m having?
    • Like x 1
  10. Plowed In Loyal Player

Weird side choice but ok. :p

Can I have tots?
    • Like x 2
  11. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Sure I'll share. :)
  12. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i always put tater tots in my omelettes so I can call them tater tomlettes.

i always take my time when a new dlc comes out. My main works on getting the op piece first, then elite gear til the feat pops while one of my alts is tasked with completing the vendor set while earning renown. Takes a little patience but the end result is delicious.

we've got like what, three more months til the next dlc at least? There is no rush.
    • Like x 1
  13. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I honestly don't know how anyone can run more than one alt on this game. I run my hero and my villain. It is all I can do to maintain them at equal levels. Plus, when I finish a gear set on my villain, it DOES NOT reduce the cost on my hero. This game is dysfunctional in that regard.
    • Like x 2
  14. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Now I want to try some tater tomlettes for breakfast! :p
    • Like x 2
  15. beardrive Committed Player

I have discovered that if I ignore it all together that I can make a billion dollars on the broker.

I have also discovered that when I did the OP items on one of my three mains, I used them only for normal content, and I ran them about once a week, and only in a support role because all of my other alts are DPS, and I like to play the support roles on my three mains for what they were intended for.

If you like to do elite that's fine. If you're doing it for the feat, I have no idea why. I have two alternate mains, one which I bought over a hundred skill points, and one that I left the same. They behaved exactly the same damage-wise. All of them have 200 artifacts.

So to get a 50-ft-point ft that gives you a half an SP doesn't make any sense to me at all when purchasing over a hundred skill points would do exactly the same. When I stopped running elite at JLD, I realize now that I am only short about 4-5 SP and the game is fun and not a chore anymore..

So you have to ask yourself why you are spending replay badges on it. And where can you use your time in a more relevant way in order to advance your toon and have fun at the same time. Because your post leads me to believe you're not having very much fun.
    • Like x 1
  16. Plowed In Loyal Player

You need to buy the feat with replays.
    • Like x 2
  17. Drathmor Unwavering Player

yea they killed alts but I'm actually ok with it. they make better work horses that actual toons. way less stress maintaining all of them and your main progresses faster.. best choice i ever made in this game was dropping all mine and putting them to work.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  18. Bloodwynd71 Active Player

You can run the alert duos and daily and cut into that 16 raid number. This is an MMO and is about grinding. You shouldn't have full elite gear on your main or regular gear on your alts in the first month of the dlc. If you choose to use replays to knock it out that is your choice.
  19. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I don't know, I like to think an MMO is about making friends and having fun gaming together while progressing your character to the max! Well, the latter doesn't really matter anymore, now its just about making friends and having fun gaming together, at least now for me. Man did I ever have fun maxing out and doing it faster than anyone else in my league. I loved it. I miss it a lot as a goal.

Regardless, an MMO should be about having fun and enjoying the virtual worlds that have been created to delight us and hopefully spend some $$$ on it some way.

I hope you can find your enjoyment and view DCUO or any other MMO as a grind instead of something you love to play and happen to accomplish the achievements that are possible along the way over the course of just playing and having fun.
    • Like x 1