Was the Ice Armor graphics tweaked after the teaser vids were made?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by game007dad, Feb 22, 2013.

1. game007dad Well-Known Player

Like many others I watched the teaser vids on the Fire & Ice update the Devs released. Am I the only one that noticed the final product is somewhat different than what they showed? In particular the spikes that come out around the head of your character, if I recall correctly the vids did not have this feature. Was it a last minute addition? Or is it some form of graphics glitch? Any other Ice users want to weigh in on the issue, please feel free to.
  2. Valor New Player

Did they show it with one in tank role, and one in dps role? They're different.
  3. game007dad Well-Known Player

Good question I'll recheck the vid to see.
  4. game007dad Well-Known Player

OK so after checking the vids are with the character in DPS stance, thanks for the info Valor. But it does bring up a new question on the head spikes that go with Tank stance. Anyone else think they look, well, just odd? The rest of the form looks cool but to me the head spikes are out of place & a little at odds with the rest of the effect. Wonder if the Devs will reconsider the head spikes once they resolve the more important issues?
  5. MIA Philly New Player

i for one like the old armor far better than this new stuff.
  6. game007dad Well-Known Player

Well I for one will not miss the transformation graphic at all.
  7. recespieces31 New Player

Transformation lag being gone= good
    Ice Armor in general for Tanks= not so good
  8. Salamite New Player

First I want to say Hi. Hope this is the correct forum, I am an average Ice Tank no more, cr 88, 104 skill points. I do not fight PVP, I have been complaining for some time that when i use my powers I "float" away from my target, very annoying. Now for the new changes, I do not use a super charge, just winter ward, to help myself and team mates, So I cannot comment on those changes, my bread and butter power is reflection, which I cannot see thru anymore. The shield is too white like snow , not ice. I enjoy playing this game, but am very frustrated by what I just read in today's Producer letter. I know you cannot please everyone, but you missed a great opportunity with ice here. If I had all the answers I would be working with the designers of this game, not just complaining. My yearly renewal is in April, many friends have asked my to join them in Star trek game, which is silly for me, because of the time, money, and nerves is spent trying to get better at this game. Maybe the game designers should be allowed to play with our characters in real game play and see what its like. I am lucky enough to have a solid league, of amazing players that carry me thru raids, Thanks Guys and Gals, in LIT. Thank You for listening.
    • Like x 1