"Warner Bros. Discovery Exploring Overhaul of DC Entertainment"

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by MsTickle Fate, Apr 15, 2022.

1. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

You're ascribing a motive to me that doesn't exist. But let's move on. If you want it clear, I think that Snyderverse fans are DC fans.
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Some food for thought.

It's a bit long (the "Big Ramble" title is appropriate LOL) and there is some adult language (Carlin-esque four letter words) but it does provide a perspective.

(here's hoping I don't get into trouble for linking a video with bad language LOL)
  3. Controller Devoted Player

My take -

Here's hoping that both Ezra AND Amber's situations are resolved for their good. Bad place to be in for both of them.

Here's hoping that Ezra gets help if he desires it.

I know that Heard's situation is still at trial.

I like the vid's author's take on Ray Fisher....it says something about the prior leadership for this to happen.

We know that Gadot ALSO had issues with prior leadership as well.

I really loved Ray Fisher's Cyborg and he seemed to put a lot of care into the character. This says a lot about him as an actor.

I truly wonder how much both Ezra's and Amber's situations are perhaps related to Ray's issues? In that perhaps the leadership could have...should have...been more involved....offered help.....

With the VAST array of actors / actresses - working on the MARVEL stuff we didn't hear much stuff like we hear now...doesn't mean things did NOT happen but generally there was not much news on that front - as far as "Off the set" issues.

We'll never know - myself included.

As far as Mr. Zaslav's "More like Marvel and Joker" comment? A few ways to take this...and this is just my guess -

It could mean he wants a "Thanos-like" storyline...with DC Movies going forward that are interconnected. Let's be real, here - "The First Avenger" was a "standalone" (LOL) movie but anyone could see that it was going to "lead to other things" - especially with Nick Fury at the end of it.

There's rumors that Zach Snyder's JL will hit theaters. "IF" this happens then "could" that set the stage for Zach's JL2, JL3 and other "standalone BUT interconnected" movies? Would this set the criteria that Zaslav is looking for?

Another take is that he (Zaslav) wants what the author of the video stated - perhaps to have a "Marvel-Like hierarchy" as in Management"? This wouldn't be so bad....could mean the end of these standalone movies....could mean nothing.

What HAS YET to be mentioned in this thread is:

What will this management change mean for THIS GAME? I'd assume nothing....DI will keep functioning and doing well, I hope.
  4. Controller Devoted Player

I apologize to you "IF" I came across as assuming. I apologize if you took it that way.

But - I "STILL" would love to get an honest answer from someone as to the hows and whys of how "DC Fandom" became "Snyderverse Fans versus DC fans"....

Where in the world did the disconnect happen? Did it come about with some DC fans believing that Zach Snyder's cut didn't exist?

Why doesn't this sort of thing happen on MARVEL'S side of the house?

Why is it that - with JUST ABOUT EVERY Marvel movie clip that I've seen there are literally THOUSANDS of MOSTLY positive comments....no "Us versus THEM" (like DC has)..............

My guess is that the former CEO's comments in reference to "Toxic Fandom" didn't help.....and on THE OTHER side it didn't help with the death threats....