villians and relationships

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by ToxicGypsy, Sep 30, 2013.

1. ToxicGypsy New Player

So just now I was thinking about Villains and Heroes and how only the Joker and Mr. Freeze have a relationship.... Well Mr. Freeze kinda has a relationship, it's a popsicle, but it's a twisted relationship. Heroes always have a love interest but rarely do villains. Can anyone tell me any other relationships on the Villains side that I'm missing.

I don't count Brother Blood as having a girlfriend, he just hasn't learned no means no.
  2. YodaDog New Player

Villians, by their very definition, are tough to trust.

And trust is the foundation of any solid relationship.
  3. General Zod 10000 Post Club

Me and Ursa
    • Like x 6
  4. ToxicGypsy New Player

Forgot about Lex also, he has been married dozens of times....
  5. SparkmanX Committed Player

At first, the joker had no relationship. I think it was due to the inclusion of Harley in Batman the animated series, where she was very popular. Sinestro, however, had an serious relationship with the sister of Abin Sur (friend and mentor) but then, that relationship ended when Sinestro was determined to rule the planet. Later she dies.

[IMG]
  6. Maxwell's Demon Active Player

Black Adam and Isis... It doesn't end well for either of them.
    Scandal and Knockout
    Giganta and Ryan Choi (briefly and though he's a hero)
    Cheshire and Roy Harper (though like Ryan, he's a hero)
    • Like x 1
  7. Faust74 Loyal Player

Because Villains usually kill or try to kill their significant other. We like to call it "Tough" Love. ;)
  8. Alex Denton Dedicated Player

And it was quiet a gross death too. Kinda makes me feel like the way writers treat the Hulk.Apparently readers don't like to see him happy, so his girlfriends must die, keeps him mad. I liked Isis too.

That one is awesome. They even get married to a third woman. Gail Simone is so cool for writing that ^^

I love a writer who can pair two opposite characters and make it work :)

Also, Lady Shiva/Black Canary ... wait ... no that was a fanfiction, sorry ^^
    • Like x 1
  9. thefrogshateme New Player

joker and harley
  10. Spacedude2 New Player

And Batman and Catwoman, Aquaman and Queen Mira, Queen Bee and Brainiac, Kyle Abbot and Whisper A'Daire, Killer Frost and Firestorm.
  11. Hephaista New Player

Circe and Ares. They even have a child together
  12. Irvynnge Loyal Player

Punch & Jewelee. Mime & Marionette.
  13. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Also now Harley with Ivy

And I don't think it's canon anywhere other than the one movie, but King Shark having once dated Constantine, also Tala having once dated Constantine

Black Manta with Khaldur's mother

There's also Talia with Batman

Counting Manbat as a villain is kinda..... subjective depending on how you look at it, but he has a wife

One Captain Boomerang had a child who took up his father's mantle (can never keep their names straight)

Zod and Ursa

I think Tim had a brief stint with Lynx or whatever her name was

Depending on the version of his backstory, Two-Face sometimes has a girlfriend or fiance, though generally pre-supervillain

Didn't Riddler have a daughter (that he killed in a rage) at some point? That means there's a mother

Ra's and the women he's had children with (fun fact: Talia's mother was a mixture of Arab and Chinese, so Damian has some Chinese in him)

Didn't King Shark marry that Orca character at some point in some continuity?

More just a bad guy and criminal than a villain in the sense of the others here, but Tony Zuko had a daughter, at least pre-52, that we saw for a bit during a Grayson Bat arc

Sportsmaster and Huntress (Paula)

Clue Master and Stephanie Brown's mother

Slade and his wife (and Rose's mother)
  14. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player