Villains we need more of and why

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Twilight-Man, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Twilight-Man Well-Known Player

Share your requests in a post

Scarecrow is a creepy yet realistic villain who's motives are just as relatable as they are detestable. The DCUO type story options are just waiting to happen.
    Scarecrows fear enhancing chemicals warp the perception, senses and overall awareness of anyone effected. The ways this could be applied to a unique new power set offensively and defensively are cool to think about.
    Scarecrow deserves the chance to bring the dark and creepy to DCUO many of us have been looking for.
    Scarecrow has creepy and very recognizable style item potential, whether authentic or fan made.

Embrace the fear devs
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

The obvious answer is The Joker, who, after 7 years, still hasn't appeared as a boss in a raid. Technically, Vanilla Batman hasn't either. So it'd be nice to do something where we fight against them. However, considering the talent behind the voices, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Darkseid is another character I'd like to see more of. Not just him, but the New Gods. I enjoyed the Halls of Power experience, but was left bitterly disappointed with how it concluded. The game wasn't in a fit state at the time to introduce Darkseid. I could tell it was too early when they announced him and low and behold, we got a piss poor conclusion to the HOP storyline that didn't even mention the artefacts we'd been collecting/stealing for the past 2 episodes.

I'd love to see them revisit the storyline, introduce more New Gods characters like Metron and High Father whilst reusing some of the existing ones. Give it a proper conclusion with a better fight against Darkseid in his throne room and sees him sitting on his throne until the final encounter against him. Wouldn't mind seeing the Source Wall either.

If you're talking brand new characters who haven't been in DCUO yet, then Amazo tops my list. We have a set of gear dedicated to him. There's also a render of his character model floating around. It would be nice to see him be included. I think it'd make for an interesting encounter, given his abilities.

If you're talking "character who has been officially teased before, with actual in game footage, but never made it to the live game", Mad Hatter wins that award. I remember when the game first launched and I started playing seeing the Mad Hatter wallpaper. I've since seen screenshots of him in game. He's mentioned quite a lot too. I was looking forward to seeing him and hoping he'd debut in an alert, duo or raid, much in the same way Penguin and Ra's al Ghul did in those early months. But he never made it and still hasn't appeared in the past 7 years.

I'd like to see him debut in DCUO soon. I came up with a mission concept featuring him that I'd love to play:
    • Like x 2
  3. Disruptor Well-Known Player

I'd like to see which Toyman we have in game. We just see his toys.

Superman characters: Kryptonite Man, Terra Man, The Composite Superman, Mongul and Warworld
    Supergirl characters: Streaky, Earth Born Angel Supergirl, Matrix Prime
    Batman characters: Spoiler, Kite Man, Cat Man
    Justice League villains: Kanjra Ro, Amazo, Doctor Destiny, Brainwave
    Warlord and all his characters
    Gemworld and all of its characters

Hmmmm. There is a Raid idea: Player characters have to substitute for the original team during the Appelexian Invasion which led to the formation of the Justice League

Finally:
    Captain Marvel, Mary Marvel, Captain Marvel Junior, The Monster Society of Evil. Enough with Black Adam unless you finish off the Isis zombie storyline.
    • Like x 1
  4. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

This is DCUO's Toyman:

[IMG]

He appears in the Villains Hall of Doom T1 Alert before the second boss :) According to the DCUO Wiki, it's the Winslow P. Schott version of the character.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing more of him, myself, now that you've mentioned it. Seems like such a waste that he's a prop in 1 Alert.
    • Like x 1
  5. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

We need more obscure villains. Open people's eyes to the greatness of comic books and introduce people that DCUO-specific players don't know. Like any member of The Fatal Five.
    • Like x 1
  6. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I'd like to know when Lobo is going to make an appearance. His is the only hoodie/t-shirt we get that doesn't have a character.
    • Like x 1