Up-Votes Needed [Video] Nature: Flourish inconsistent with refreshing pheromones in combat

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by Huggalump, Feb 9, 2022.

1. Huggalump New Player

Hello!

This is an issue that's been bothering me for a very long time on the Nintendo Switch addition. I'm not sure if the bug happens on other versions or not, but it happens all the time on Switch.

In short: When attacking, flourish regularly fails to refresh pheromones.

Here is a video showing it:

2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You're using Savage Growth with Bloom which do not stack. The pheromone from one of those powers cancels out the other. You can only stack Savage Growth/Metabolism/Cross Pollination/Flourish.
    • Like x 1
  3. Plowed In Loyal Player

Savage growth gets confused because of its potential of dual effects (poisons and pheromones) which causes all pheromones to drop. It may be intended (with active pheromones it’s expecting to place a pheromone here too, but you’re in damage role) or unintended and a bug in the coding.

If you remove savage growth you can continue to refresh pheromones without issue. Lorax is right though about Savage Growth and Bloom “sharing a pheromone.” You can confirm that’s not the issue by just removing Bloom altogether from your loadout. The pheromones will still “drop.”

Are you running content like this or just playing around? You know you’re not in healer role, right? Are you doing like a hybrid for open world content?
    • Like x 1
  4. Huggalump New Player

THIS makes a lot of sense. And it's definitely not intended. Probably a confusion between the healer/dps role of Savage Growth.

Yeah, I know I'm in DPS. This is a loadout I use for solo/duo content. Let's me do great damage while also doing great healing.

Good news! I can swap it out for that other nature ability (the spore throwing one?) and should be all good.

This Savage Growth thing is absolutely a bug and I hope it gets fixed. Savage Growth is way more fun. But for the moment, you've solved my immediate problem. Thanks friend.