Viable Precision Weapon NOT named Bow or DW?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by BenDover, Mar 7, 2019.

1. BenDover New Player

As titled, it's pretty much general knowledge that Bow and DW are the go-to when it comes to Prec builds

That being said I was wondering what are the other viable options, doesn't need to be top tier, but at least on par with or close to PFTT might builds.

(Note: I'm not planning on doing super late game or scoreboard chasing, just hoping not to fall too far behind by going prec Martial Arts for example)
  2. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

One hand to DW.
    One hand to Handblasters
    Staff to one handed.
    Handblasters to bow
    Handblasters to brawling
    Brawling as melee only, clipping its regular combos with tray powers.

Rifle to one handed.
    Shield ranged as well.
  3. Millefune PSN Well-Known Player

Rifle into Dual Pistols is the most flavorful, fun, and thematically matched, hands-down.
    • Like x 2
  4. pultinski Well-Known Player

rifle.
    just keep in mind it has no real "lunge".
    single target melee to mid range - back flip to slip shot mastery ( i think thats what its called ) seems to crit alot, followed by swoop to restart single target rotation. the 5 melee tap non wm combo is also good when it crits on last hit, but crits are not as often.
    multi target melee - flurry mastery works well.
    multi target ranged - the forward roll to machine pistol mastery thing relies alot on correctly aiming at the targets AND being far enough away to hit multiple targets.
    also note that the movement of rifle may sometimes put you into/out of aoe (lava pools/ healing areas etc ), as well as falling off platforms.
    • Like x 1
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

2 handed is also good for range aoe and melee. Single target it does ok. Retesting all weapons again this Sunday so I’ll see if there is anything else that can be competitive.
    • Like x 1
  6. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Oh yea forgot 2handed is actually really good just clippin the holds.
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Range: magnum round: 20k
    Single: magnum round: 12k (barely)
    Melee: smoke bomb: 29k

Brawl:
    Range: shuriken storm: 20k
    Single: shurikan storm: 10k
    Melee: home run: 24k

Pistol:
    Range: double mastery: 18k
    Single: double mastery: 10k
    Melee: dual flurry: 18k

Dual wield:
    Range: explosive shot: 22k
    Single target: flurry shot: 13k (high)
    Melee: ground pound: 26k

HB:
    Range: explosive arrow 22k
    Single target: explosive arrow: 10k
    Melee: ground pound 23k

MA:
    Range: meteor blast: 19k
    Single: meteor blast: 10k
    Melee: sweep shot: 23k

1h:
    Range: solar flame 20k
    Single: solar flame 9k
    Melee: stunning swipe: 23k

Rifle:
    Range: double mastery: 20k
    Single: double mastery: 12k
    Melee: flurry mastery: 25k

Shield:
    Range: magnum shot: 21k
    Single: magnum shot: 10k
    Melee: big scoop: 21k

Staff:
    Range: mortar: 18k
    Single: mortar: 9k
    Melee: stunning swipe: 21k

2h:
    Range: arrow storm: 23k
    Single: arrow storm: 10k
    Melee: spinning punch: 25k

This is a little outdated but these were the results a while ago. I’ll retest everything Sunday to see if anything changed.
    • Like x 2
  8. L T Devoted Player

Viable is probably too strong a word. There are a couple that I would characterize as "not completely sucky".

Two-handed:
    For melee AOE you have 5-tap-clip or 4-tap-hold WM. You can clip the 5-tap with a high cost ability every time and never run low on power. For melee ST you have 2-hold or 3-hold. For Range you have to use the 2-hold Bow WM combo. Supercharge builds relatively fast, but the melee combos take forever to finish.

Staff:
    For melee 3-tap/2-hold is quite strong when clipped, as is the 2-tap/hold WM combo. For Range the 3-tap/hold clipped combo is something to fall back on in desperation. In general the range WM options are not worth the skill points.

Hand Blaster:
    Solar Flame is a quick clip that builds supercharge really fast. The explosive shot WM combo parsed decently for me but it's obviously much longer than the DW version. None of the melee options were really great when I tested them.

The rest of the weapons ranged from "completely sucky" to "oh this is truly dismal".
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Bow:
    Range: magnum round/full auto: 22k
    Single: magnum round: 14k
    Melee: smoke bomb: 34k

Brawl:
    Range: shuriken storm: 23k
    Single: enhances shuriken: 13k (high or 14k-15k)
    Melee: home run: 29k

Pistol:
    Range: double mastery: 22k
    Single: double mastery: 13k (low)
    Melee: dual flurry: 24k
    Double mastery is using both ranged masteries.

Dual wield:
    Range: explosive shot: 25k
    Single target: flurry shot: 17k (15k no jc)
    Melee: uppercut: 30k

HB:
    Range: explosive arrow 25k
    Single target: explosive arrow: 12k
    Melee: ground pound 28k

MA:
    Range: meteor blast: 21k
    Single: meteor blast: 12k
    Melee: sweep shot: 28k

1h:
    Range: solar flame 23k
    Single: solar flame 11k
    Melee: stunning swipe: 31k

Rifle:
    Range: double mastery: 23k (inconsistent)
    Single: double mastery: 12k (inconsistent)
    Melee: flurry mastery: 31k
    Double mastery is using both ranged masteries

Shield:
    Range: magnum shot: 23k
    Single: magnum shot: 10k
    Melee: big scoop: 27k (can be started with a lunge or a tap, lunge recommended)

Staff:
    Range: mortar: 21k
    Single: mortar: 10k
    Melee: stunning swipe: 32k

2h:
    Range: arrow storm: 26k
    Single: arrow storm: 12k
    Melee: spinning punch: 30k-33k (crit defendant)

Heads up to these numbers. These numbers are based on a dps that can set up dots and just use weapons until it’s time to reset/recast them. I’ll have to retest them again for dps that have to use weapons and powers.
  10. AV Loyal Player

I mainline this for a lot of multi-target stuff. The AoE size on this makes it extremely potent when clipped with pbaoe burst damage. The way it deals out its damage in large bursts followed by short breaks over a wide area means that when you`re hyper aggressive with it you kill the absolute **** out of everything, often before anyone else can even touch it. Obviously this will get you murdered in elite endgame raids but for everything else, and even for non-elite endgame raid trash, it's great. Also lots of fun and highly mobile in that you can hit jump during the leaping/smash portions to increase your movement during the combo to line up as many targets as possible or get in range for a counter to trigger Sparring AI to really make things interesting.
    • Like x 1