Vendor Styles are Over-Priced

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by JReel, Mar 6, 2015.

1. JReel New Player

I can't recall exactly as I am not playing right now. I made some Nitro VI experts and when you buy the soder cola enchancer VI you have to pay 1 MoF in addition to in game cash. It isn't much now but it contributes to the use of the MoF.
  2. kawe Loyal Player

I know you don't want it for free. But I don't think it should be easier as it already is. From my playtime and what I've seen, the way it is atm the 70MoF is a very good price. It's simply my opinion. I too don't have that much time to play DCUO lately. (lack of interest is another reason) So my wallet is lacking some hefty MoF, specially on my alts. But I will never ask the styles to be cheaper, as I simply compare it to the old grind. I have yet to see a plausible reason as to why the style vendor is truly overpriced or using the wrong currency. Anything that is (in my eyes) valid enough to warrant a change. (that goes for all style vendor threads I've seen so far)
    If the devs one day change their mind, so be it. I wont like it tho. But atm your request feels like a nerf on a nerf. Metaphoricaly speaking. That triggers sarcasm.

Now, to use SoP and all those extra symbols, that is actually good idea. We lack a sink for these. Maybe have it to Either pay 70MoT or 70SoP/SoM. etc. Those would have to phase out for the upcoming Symbols tho. I think the devs said Symbols aren't meant to be a currency of its own, but rather the ticket to be allowed to buy certain gear as we have 3DLCs giving MoF now. (avoid skipping)
    Maybe making DLC specific styles make cost their specific DLC Symbols?
    • Like x 1
  3. Dogico Loyal Player

Neither soders nor expert mods require Marks of Fury.

I get your point dude; you are willing to put in the work but you feel the rare style vendor requires too much effort for the reward. I know that you're not asking for a hand out you just want the price of the style vendors to be reduced. I disagree, as (others have stated) the vendor style is meant for endgame players, the people who are at the end of tier 6. Not the people running Necro for the first time, not the people still grinding gear, but the people at the end of tier 6. The people with nothing to spend their marks on. This is also why styles won't be purchasable with Marks of Triumph anytime soon; the devs actually said as much when the rare style vendor was first introduced.

Imo it's pretty easy to get rare styles. Time intensive, yes, but much less frustrating than it was in the past when we had to rely entirely on luck.

Also, I don't get why casual players have to always say cheeky **** like "I have a life, I don't play all day, etc." I have a job, I have other hobbies. One of those hobbies, powerlifting, has no shortcuts. If you want to reach your full potential as a powerlifter, you have to put the time in. If you want to reach your full potential in this game, you have to put the time in.
    • Like x 5
  4. Dogico Loyal Player

Catalyst VI requires 1 Mark of Fury. Catalyst VI is not used for mods or colas.
    • Like x 2
  5. JReel New Player

Your last paragraph is exactly what I mean. Like if they were to price it 30 SoP, 60 MoF then it will be better for a grind versus just MoF. I am justs stating the game is so dependent on high end content that depletes MoF so quick. So toe complete style feats becomes a hassle. Or if they were to switch to say 30 SoP and 30 SoL it would be even better. This part just flew over peoples heada because had they read when I stated this, they would know this requires more of a grind since so little content provides SoP and SoL.
  6. Dogico Loyal Player

This isn't true. Aside from vendor gear there is nothing dependent on Marks of Fury.
    • Like x 2
  7. JReel New Player

I respect your position but I also stated if not lower the price, change the currency or use combined currencies. Not of that actually warrants less of a grind. It actually warrants more. I do not want shortcuts. The MoF is so widely used that it becomes a hassle. You can have 80 MoF today and a few mods and it is gone. I am just stating the lack of options of currency being used in high end content needs to be changed.

Trust me when I state this, I work hard. I lift too. Not powerlifting; but regular bodybuilding. I also do programming. C++, RPG and HTML. None of that is easy so I never look for shortcuts. I am just asking for a alternate currency. Only reason why I stated "I don't play all day" is a response to the replies i received. The typical "run all of the content" everyday which takes hours on end. Or better yet "you want things handed to you" as if I asked for handouts. I used to grind bits all day for mods before syntehtics and recovery kits existed. I used to grind gear for my troll to complete a set when I used to get gear for healer and tabks roles. So I am all too familar with the grind.
  8. JReel New Player

You must forget 4 of fhe last 5 DLC's used MoF. WOTL II and AF II gear still use MoF. That is a lot period
  9. Dogico Loyal Player

That's another point I was trying to make; the only thing you need MoF for as far as progression goes is vendor gear. Don't purchase synthetic mods or rare styles until you are comfortable with your vendor gear purchases. You are not meant to purchase all three things (gear, synthetic mods, and rare styles) concurrently.

Yeah, I'd be down for Symbols being used to purchase rare styles. But like you said it would create a bigger grind than we have currently. A bigger grind would only exacerbate your current problems, not fix them.
    • Like x 2
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I never actually said that you said that...but it is what the OP is implying with the original post, and then later on saying it outright.

Not as arbitrary as you think if you take a quick look at the gear vendor. You'll see in the gear vendor there that the most expensive item is the weapons...at 70 Marks of Fury (and after Amazon Fury 1, 35 Symbols based on the DLC). Which is below the cap of 100 marks. Seems to me that's where they got their number from, as opposed to just something totally random.

The only style ever confirmed to not actually be in the loot table in full was the Traces in Time set...and the Devs apologized for their "error". Everything else is in (otherwise how would many people have completed every style in the game, with most of the styles not being in the rare style vendor)...some pieces just have exceedingly low drop rates, and some people have very bad luck with loot drops.

Actually, in a few of the OPs replies he's contradicted himself...here's a perfect example:

Your last statement there underscores the very important thing that people forget. The Devs brought out the Vendor because people complained that they needed a mark sink, but it had to have some use. The rare style vendor serves that purpose perfectly for the majority (there is a minority of players that already has every style in the game...so they're still in the "too many marks" camp...luckily it's a small minority for now).

Something else to consider if you actually read all of the OPs posts...he's asking for a different currency instead of Fury to be used...but that doesn't make much sense. If you make it a different currency, the Devs will obviously just make that currency drop rarely, or just in a small amount of instances, because that would be the only way to keep it rare/make you grind. If they used the Symbols instead, the time spent grinding would still be about the same, but now you restrict the content you would need to grind to get the symbols (since each DLC has it's own symbols). And again...they won't just make it cheap, because that takes away the intention of the vendor, so you'll always be stuck doing some grinding. Given all of that, the current pricing of 70 Marks of Fury is more than fair when you realize how many sources there are to get those marks.
  11. kawe Loyal Player

So far all I've ever seen where ppl asking to change it from MoF to MoT only. First time I see someone bringing up Symbols for that.

I personally don't use my MoF for anything else but the vendor gear, so I don't see where you lose all your MoF at atm. lol I don't buy T6 synths, and only use Extremes Sodas or Limes. And soda making doesn't cost MoF if I remember correctly.

Anyway. I like that idea. Gives those Symbols more meaning and use. I would keep it at least at 70 Symbols. Even tho we have limited chances to earn those different symbols, that wouldn't result in more grind. You just will be forced to run specific instances, the amount of runs would be the same at the cost of 70 symbols for example, as those instances reward 5 MoF and 5 Symbols etc. Well, it takes more days to get certain symbols, but the amount of runs stays the same. I see run count as "grind" not the days spend. Depends on point of view I guess.
    I'm not sure tho if that can be seen as double mark drops after everyone bought their CR gear set, since ppl would be free to use those MoF now on other stuff like converting it to MoT for rent. Would currencies over all still be balanced? Would we miss a MoF/MoT sink then? Who knows. So far Symbols are digital clutter after you finished their DLC gear set. :/ Would be cool to have another use for them.
    • Like x 2
  12. JReel New Player

That grind won't because it is using other currencies. So it would be more flexible and reasonable versus just having MoF.
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Thank you...i'm not currently on the game, but I knew for a fact that neither mods or colas required anything bought with Marks of Fury to craft. If I recall correctly, Catalyst VI is used in making Recovery Kit VI...and that's about it (but correct me if i'm wrong).
    • Like x 1
  14. JReel New Player

I can't disagree here at all. The vendor gear for both WOTL II set and AF II set is a lot. Especially if you are someone like me with both roles. A lot of players just run Dps.
    • Like x 1
  15. Dogico Loyal Player

It would only be more flexible if we could use any Symbol for any style. Otherwise it would be more prohibitive.
    • Like x 2
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The thing is, symbols were just a check to make sure that you gained at least half of your Marks of Fury from said DLC in order to purchase that DLC's vendor gear...nothing more. People who have capped out on symbols don't like seeing their currency page filled with red marks. The Devs have stated unequivocally that symbols do not and will not have any use beyond what they have now. Also, we're at the end of the tier...what sense does it make to make such drastic time consuming changes when it's all going to change over once Tier7 arrives shortly???

It costs Marks of Fury because that is the highest mark, and the intent of the rare style vendor is as a mark sink. Charging less or altering it to use symbols (which has no other intended purpose) undermines the intent of the vendor.
    • Like x 2
  17. JReel New Player

Not really because SoL and SoM can be accumulated fast. I am sitting on 55 SoM after buying a 99 leg piece yesterday. Adding the combined currency for styles would add flexibility. Especially considering those instances still give MoF. So a 20-30 SoM, 60 MoF price for a piece seems more reasonable to me as it lowers the MoF price and gives another currency for players as well. Or maybe 30 SoM and 20 SoL.
  18. Dogico Loyal Player

Not as fast as MoF.
    • Like x 3
  19. JReel New Player

Right but if the pricing for a piece is 30 by 30, that only takes two days of running the content to get. So the grind is about the same.
  20. kawe Loyal Player

I personally think it would be kinda cool if styles like Hoplite, Vestments, Amazonian Noble etc could be bought with their corresponding DLC symbols only (old styles like Hive and norsemen kept at MoF). The style feat would definitely be tied to their DLC then. If that would help or actually cause more trouble aside. lol I like the idea.

I know your struggle. I have 3 "main" characters. All having a main role, but I try to gear up their off role as good as possible too. I'm struggling hard for MoF as I can't get myself to run stuff. I have DCUO fatigue atm. lol Thats 6 sets of gear and Mods. x_x But it's my choice to have 3 active characters, so I gotta deal with it. u_u
    • Like x 2