Not A Bug Vendor Pet Trinkets not unlocking Rare Drop Feats

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Atticus00, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Atticus00 New Player

Hello,

I don't know if this is the correct place to post, but I was instructed by Customer Support to post on this forum for assistance. I play regularly on the PS4. After learning that new feats for collecting pet trinkets had been added to the game, I quickly went and purchased the Ensorcelled Gem pet trinket from the Pet Vendor in the House of Legends area. Initially, I was expecting the "Gem and the Mystics" feat to acknowledge, but when it didn't I contacted Customer Support. I was informed that they weren't able to give me the 25 points associated with the feat, but had went ahead and toggled the feat to the Completed status. After discussing the feat objective with a few in-game friends, I learned that the feat can only be accomplished by collecting the Trinket(s) from a drop. I made the errors of not looking at the "Feats" menu first and by thinking that I could just collect anything I am missing from the Pets Vendor. I have since collected every available dropped pet trinket. Unfortunately, I did not receive the 25 feat points after collecting the dropped Ensorcelled Gem pet trinket because the support team had already toggled the feat to the completed status. I contacted Customer Support again updating them of the situation and was told that they couldn't assist me with undoing the feat or giving me the feat points and that I should post on this forum. Is there anyone able to assist me in recovering the 25 feat points I earned? I don't care if i have to attempt to get it again as another drop, I just want the feat points that I earned (or at least another chance). I strive to complete as many feats as possible. Can the points be added without toggling the feat to an incomplete status? I ask because I wonder if by setting the feat to incomplete, if the system would subtract 25 points from my already earned total thinking that it had already awarded me them. If in doing so, recollecting the trinket would only give me points I already had. Please help.
    • Like x 1
  2. Atticus00 New Player

Can anyone from Develpoment help me? I earned 25 points from completing the Gem and the Mystics feat, but have not received them. Customer Suport toggled my feat to complete when I did not ask them to. This prevented me from collecting the points that I earned by completing the feat. I added up added up all of the feat points that I have earned and compared them to what is being displayed as completed. I am short 25 points. I have spent so much time and money on this game to be disregarded. This obstacle occured because of an unrequested action from a member of the support team. I enjoy this game, but lately I am losing interest. I endure the many bugs and mishappenings on DCUO, but earning my skill points are what keep me playing. I spent so many replay badges as did other players on the Save The Universe: Inner Sanctum Raid numerous times only to find out that Batman was continually bugged at the end. I have run many missions where I do not get loot, marks, or completion credit at the end. That is time and money spent, yet I do not complain. I want the 25 feat points that I have earned.

3. Jcal Dedicated Player

That sounds like a weird one, alright. Don't really have much to contribute except to ask you if you are 100% sure that you collected a Tier 2 or Tier 3 gem turret. It has to be the dropped version and it has to be T2 or T3.
    • Like x 1
  4. Atticus00 New Player

Yes, I collected it from a drop. So at first I had collected it from the Pet Vendor and the feat didnt pop. As I didnt know at that time that the feat had to be accomplished by collecting it from a drop, I emailed Customer Support asking for help with the feat points; subsequently they toggled the feat to the completed status. After talking with friends in-game I learned that the feat must be earned from a drop. I then went and collected every T3/T2 Pet Trinket with a feat associated to it. All feats popped accordingly, except the Gem and the Mystics feat that's tied to the Ensorcelled Gem Turret, because the feat was already set to complete. I did not ask for it to be set to complete. I asked about the points, and if by collecting the points the feat gets set to complete that's great, but not receiving them and the lack of help received has been very frustrating. I have the T3 Turret in my bank. I actually had T1, T2, T3 but recently deleted the the T1 and T2 to make room in inventory.
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

But you did ask them.

• Like x 1
  6. Atticus00 New Player

I asked for help with receiving the feat points that I thought I earned at that point. What is the point of setting the feat to completed and not receiving the points associated with the completion? After learning that I did not receive the 25 points and that I needed to collect the dropped item (which I did), I went and collected all of the dropped items and received those feats. All but the one that was set to complete. I asked to Customer Support to undo the feat so I could reattempt it and get my points. I was told I had to post here for assistance. I added all of my earned feat points and compared the total to the displayed total and they do not match. Yes, it was my mistake for anxiously buying the Gem Turret from the Pet Vendor before checking the feats menu, but after collecting the item the right way I wasn't able to get the feat. I just want to collect the points I earned. Thank you for the GIF.
  7. XSolidSnake01 New Player

****************************************************************************************
    Is there User Support for problems encountered on this forum?? This is "Atticus00" trying to follow up on the progress of my issue. I cannot sign into my profile and I cannot find out where to post/who to ask for help. Daybreak Support only lists games to be troubleshooted, not the DCUO Forum as an option to address encountered problems. I seem to have trouble logging into the forum. Every time I click the button to log in, I get prompted to Sign Up for an account. Whenever I type my user name Atticus00, it says name is unavailable. Somehow, when logging into this forum, it signed in me under the name XSolidSnake01, which I used to contact support for my issue regarding not receiving the 25 feat points for collecting the Ensorcelled Gem Turret. I cannot receive recovery emails for the Atticus00 account because the recovery email is not being sent by this site (not even into Junk folder) and the associated email account would be the same for both the Atticus00 and xSolidSnake01 user names that I have been using to contact customer support and access the forum.

What's weird is that during the time of writing this post, I am currently accessing both profiles from the same computer. I have taken screenshots to show that I am accessing both dashboards for both user names. So when looking for a settings menu to show which email account is being linked to the profile, I see a prompt stating that the email account is tied to the Station Account. I have accessed the Station Account on the xSolidSnake01 account, but I cannot sign into the Atticus00 account even though I am logged into the account on the DCUO Forum. It is important that I have continued access to be able to monitor the progress of my original post. This is all so frustrating. My issue is not a bug, it's human error that prevented me from getting my points and now I am having issues with the forum, a forum that I wouldn't even be using were it not for Customer Supports inability to help fix the issue. The Atticus00 profile is basically overwritten by the xSolidSnake01 profile, meaning if I lose the ability to sign in under the Atticus00 profile I won't be able to find a resolution to the issue I posted on 9/9/2021. I just want my 25 points that I earned and to play the game I enjoy without having to deal with forums or jump through hoops in search of help.
  8. Supaj New Player

Last night I purchased the tier 3 juvenile phoenix pet off of the Chang Tzu pet vendor for 700 source marks. After equipping it as well as using it, the related Amazon Fury Part III pet feat "Burn, Baby, Burn!" has not popped. Can this error be looked into as to why? The feat says to equip either tier 2 rare drop OR any tier 3 which I have purchased. Screenshots for proof attached.

On the recommendation of my submitted ticket #1015993 in which GM Dunbar advised CS is not able to update feats and to submit a bug report here.
    In addition, developer Charon confirmed in this pet thread here that all tier 3 pets count for the feat. Thank you for looking into this strange bug!

[IMG][IMG]
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The feat is for the dropped pet and not the purchased pet. The feat description says "rare drop". You can also obtain the rare drop from the broker for the feat.
    • Like x 2
  10. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

A Tale In Three Bullet Points
    • Bought Dark Construct Bat Tier 2 from Pet Vendor.
    • Equipped Dark Construct Bat Tier 2
    • No Feat.
    I'd like my Feat, but I'll settle for my 400 Source Marks back.
    • Like x 1
  11. CraccaGeneral Active Player

You don't get the feat from the vendor. Only from a rare drop like it says on the feat description. So in your case the JLD Darkness Rising Alert.
    • Like x 2
  12. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Ehhhh - if I paid 400 source marks for it? That means I already beat the Raids it drops from, so I better be getting the Feat.
    • Like x 1
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If you read the feat it says collect the rare drop. You could also obtain the drop version via trade or broker. None of the pets in the vendor give you a feat.
    • Like x 1
  14. Mr.W Committed Player

Even if thats the technicality of the feat, I have to admit it is heavily misleading & should say no feats granted so ppl won't waste marks or just save for the t3 pets which are better :(
    • Like x 1
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That may be but it was communicated many times prior to going live that the vendor pets would not trigger any feats. You could put a giant neon sign above the vendor that reads "DOES NOT GRANT FEAT" and someone will come here to complain that they didn't get a feat.
    • Like x 1
  16. BugReporter2000 Active Player

Just open a support ticket. Same happened to a friend of mine. Then he got the feat grantet.
    • Like x 1
  17. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I'm aware of how it actually works now, thanks. Your hyperbole aside - my point is this...

After completing the raids (check) the only thing really being accomplished by maintaining the Feat in its current manner is gatekeeping via RNG.

Precedent says "we already sell old/rare styles from 95% of the game's prior content that were previously RNG dependent", and we don't charge 400 Source Marks for them, therefore this vendor purchase of a 400 Source Mark item *that I literally only spent the marks on for the associated Feat* should result in said Feat.

That seems like it would be the largest, if not only-est, draw to making multiple purchases from Chang Tzu in the first place.
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Old precedents are dead. Loot locks have been lifted from past content, spending replays are no longer required which were a major gate to farming rare drops. Combat relevancy has been removed and we can obtain near endless Source Marks. You could have farmed the first boss of Darkness Rising to your heart's content for the T2 Dark Construct Bat and the feat AND saved up enough marks to get the T3 Dark Construct Bat.
    • Like x 1
  19. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

also this.

Even as a forum regular, it's not always easy to determine when a decision was made or what the outcome of that decision is, so in a situation where something is available through a channel incapable of granting you the Feat? That channel needs to be labelled as such - which we also have precedent for in the Marketplace itself. Seems like a good way to rule out any ambiguity.
    • Like x 1
  20. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

These aren't old precedents; the precedent in question is very much a primary selling point of the HoL experiment in the first place - being the addition of old Styles to vendors for Source Marks, granting Feats upon the completion of their Collection, INCLUDING Rare Styles that were previously RNG drop only.

That's like two months ago. Fairly new.

I think, considering both the substantial price AND the relative newness of a pet vendor, that considerations could be made regarding this issue, especially since - as you say - if I could have farmed it by now, it hypothetically would have taken the same amount of time to produce the same amount of Source Marks, thereby also presenting itself as an equivalent level of effort.
    • Like x 1