Vendor Gear exchange kits

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by HurricaneErrl, Oct 25, 2017.

1. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Ok so I have had full vendor gear for a while now. I just replaced my head piece with the OP head piece from the last episode. Now that I have no use for that head piece anymore our league got into a pretty good discussion about the options left to make use of this vendor piece I no longer have use for. So far the best thing we came up with was to either salvage or donate to league for prestige. The interesting thing that was brought up was having some kind of vendor gear exchange kit that allows you to swap the role of the gear. Like in my case, this piece would be an upgrade over the purple armour I have now for my tank. I know they want us to grind twice as long to get the full vendor gear for both DPS and whatever role our power is, so that was one reason against the idea.

Does anyone else have anything to add for or against this? Thanks
    • Like x 1
  2. Atomis Maximus Level 30

Why would you not wear the op piece on your tank as well?
    • Like x 2
  3. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I will. I guess I used a crap example. The talk about the exchange kits really centred mostly around swapping powers. Like if you went from healing power to controller power, etc. Some thought it was a great idea, but a few thought it wasn't.
  4. Atomis Maximus Level 30

I like it in that capacity. Was just confused about what you were getting at.
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I don't see any great benefit with this. With the little challenge that content presents, drop gear is sufficient enough until you get your full gear set discount, then a second set of gear is a lot easier to grind for. And if you change powers, again, drop gear will suffice. In the Quality of Life improvements list, this wouldn't even crack top 20.
    • Like x 1
  6. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

One thing I noticed is it depends on who I talked to. The people who have a squad of toons at endgame where more of the "meh" opinion, but people like me who only run a single toon actually liked the idea.

And you may be right about it "not breaking top 20 QOL fixes", but imo, it was still a good discussion to have about the game that wasn't the usual complaining about Time Caps, moaning about certain powers being "too OP", or whining about drop rates on OP collections that usually goes on in the chats across the game.
    • Like x 1