Vender 00 and the High Voltage iconic outfit

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Beard Maaaan, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

I went to vender 00 to get the High Voltage outfit. I bought all 8 styles
    that it had but didn't get a style feat. I checked the feat and in addition
    to the 8 regular styles, you also have to get the face style. The face
    equipment is sold in Central City for 25 marks, but I thought Vender 00
    was supposed to sell all the outfit parts for 10 Marks. Why is the face
    left out?
  2. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

Gives you a reason to go to Central City...
    • Like x 1
  3. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

uhmmm... isn't that sold within a few feet of the teleport? Is is tough to get to?
    • Like x 1
  4. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Probably doesn't know where Central City is lol
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Could simply be an oversight, but as mentioned it is a pretty easy one for players to remedy themselves. A 25 Mark cost and trip to the Central City instance really isn't that much of a hardship or detour.
  6. Vesper Dedicated Player

The mask was only 10 marks if I recall correctly. No point in being on the Reduced vendor if the style is already the same price. Go to CC and buy it.
  7. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

He obviously does if he checked the price of the face from the vendor IN Central City before posting this thread. You both missed the point of this thread. He's asking why the face is left out of Vendor 00 from which you should be able to buy all the High Voltage styles for 10 marks each. But because the face isn't there, you have to buy it from the CC vendor itself for 25 marks. I know it's not a big deal to spend 25 marks, but it's still a valid question.
    • Like x 1
  8. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I am believer of players earning the sets the old fashion way, but even with an extra 25 MoV it is nothing compared to what other had to pay for it.
    • Like x 2
  9. Red Jenni Loyal Player

Here here!
  10. Volkenraider Loyal Player

I was joking around dude, relax..
  11. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

lol chill I am relaxed
  12. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

My villain I got all the T1 and two of the T2 sets. I never went outside of the tier. I wanted to get the gear as intended and earn feats as intended. Than I believe my membership was going to end 9/10. Well yesterday I was told keep my membership if I will continue to play as I only pay $10 a month, so auto renewal just got turned back on. I guess I'm around until XMass time. :)

Regardless, my primary I bought all the suits when MoT were around. Today, it is easier to buy the suits compared to MoT. Running all T5 raids got you enough marks to buy maybe 3 pieces of gear, today, you get exactly enough if you are at tier to buy 3 pieces of gear.

When I reached the top CR for my support side I spent 1 month after a DLC dropped focusing on MoT to get gear. Ran all alerts, duo, solo, and raids every day / week until I bought all pieces. Trust me, it was a pain to complete all T4 and T5 sets. Today it is so much easier.
  13. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

I ended up spending the 25 MoV to get the face (yes my question was why the vendor did not sell the whole outfit). I completed the feat and noticed I got screwed again. Even though I had to pay an extra 25 Marks to get the outfit, the Iconic style feat only gave 25 points unlike all the other, and cheaper (8x10) iconic style feats which give 50 points.
  14. Vesper Dedicated Player

You did not get "screwed". That feat has always been 25 points, ever since the DLC dropped 4 years ago. It's on you to know how many feat points a style is worth. You didn't get screwed, there was full disclosure in game and on-line about it. I get that you aren't happy, but "screwed" is complete hyperbole.
  15. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Back in my day we had to buy those styles with Marks of Momentum...and they weren't 10 marks each...
    • Like x 1
  16. Vesper Dedicated Player

Back in the day.....when peeps actually WENT TO CENTRAL CITY. Back when you could use /Shout *in Central City* and get a full 8-man bounty group together. Back when you could get a group to knock out the big Rifts on the Overpass Freeway. Back when peeps ran bounties and closed rifts and assaulted the CCPD to knock out Abra *every single day* just because that was the ONLY content in the game that would LET you buy the Reverse & High Voltage styles.

So......many.....bounties.... So.....many.....reapers....
    • Like x 1
  17. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I still have 100 bounties to do...
    • Like x 1