Vehicles

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Knight Racer, Feb 14, 2024.

1. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

As I'm going through Gotham for the Valentine's day seasonal outdoor event, I'm passing by vehicles I've passed by hundreds of times and thought "Wouldn't it be cool if one day we could open the door, jump in and start driving these vhicles. They could have missiles, full auto machine guns, missile launchers for vehicle battles. Remember those cartoons where Batman was chasing the Penguin or Joker? Chasing Two face after a robbery? Imagine having your own customizable vehicle. Why should Batman have a Batmobile, Batcycle, Batwing. Wonder Woman an invisible jet. and we have nothing?" I know the first thing everyone will rush to say is unreal engine 3 can't handle it but 7 years ago we probably would have said the same thing to artifacts, augments, nth metal and ally systems. We don't really know what it can and can't handle. But we pretty much all know is that we're tired of the same setup of new zone, new style to buy with new unique currency, new boss in raids, alerts, duos, open world bounty rinse and repeat alweays repeat in every DLC.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Think these were Jim Lee's artwork who designed Gotham and Metropolis for the game back when I first started playing in beta.
  2. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't think you really want the experinece of driving a vehicle in a game like this when you compare it to what we got for a stationary turret in - well, apparently i can't even remember the raid name but it was the other BoP raid that came alongside Clocktower.
    • Like x 1
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Beyond the detail that vehicles in this game seem to careen about and explode when we look at them cross-eyed, I'd imagine vehicles in the game looking something like this. LOL

Seriously, though, we can fly, run fast or glide fast across most of the maps, and a fairly decent amount of those maps don't have roads or are just too small. Just doesn't seem worth it.
    • Like x 2
  4. Proxystar #Perception

No don't say that, this is a great idea. I already have the vehicle for Shattered Gotham

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

• Like x 1
  6. Proxystar #Perception

You know what sucks actually, it's 2024, nearly 10 years later than that and we still don't have flying cars, that's some bull **** right there.
    • Like x 2
  7. AshocusTheMuse Well-Known Player

Honestly, I'd just like some vehicles as base items. Just so we had some other things other than the Batmobile, Alexander's Ship, Rockin' Scooter, The Batwing, And the Hive drones... oh and a TANK... would be cool to have a car, a truck, or a van just the generic ones that are already in the game... This way, we could make some cool scenes... Streets with store fronts, Cool Garages, Auction Houses... the possibilities are endless...
    • Like x 5
  8. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

I'd like the idea of having the police roadster as my commandeered vehicle in my base.
  9. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

OP's post made me think if this hahaha

• Like x 1
  10. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

When you're going 150 mph down the street, every car is a flying car.
    • Like x 1
  12. Cypharr Committed Player

We already have fast movement mode. Having mounts will just be redundant for a game such as this.
  13. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

Vehicles would be faster but they don't just help you get from point A to B they provide vehicle combat, vehicle customization options. a break from what they have been making redundant since the game started.
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They'll just stick them in a time capsule. The game needs less gimmicks and more real content.
    • Like x 2
  15. Cypharr Committed Player

How will that work or look in a raid? Everybody in vehicles? Or just for open world? I still can't see the appeal for a game such as DCUO. I'm being reasonable. I understand mounts are a big part of MMORPG's just not this one unfortunately.
  16. Cypharr Committed Player

Looking closely we have 1 somewhat kind of mount/vehicle and that would be the Jetpacks
  17. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

Vehicles would only be for open world areas / large maps, not conformed spaces with lyouts and invisible force fields. They would be used t chase villains in their vehicles for vehicle battles or bank robberies etc. each vehicle you destroy would drop either mods to increase your vehicles weapons systems damage or on rare occassions a weapon you can slot on your vehicle such as gun turrets, missile launchers, lasers etc.
  18. Cypharr Committed Player

Lol broski
  19. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I mean GTA and Far Cry has vehicles you can drive and fly, WoW has mounts so sure why not? I always thought when we started to get trinket transformations like Batwings and well bats maybe we’d get mounts eventually too. But I wouldn’t hold our breaths on this. The other issues other than could DCUO’s janky codes support it is where we’d drive our vehicles anyway? They haven’t made a big map since Atlantis (that’s still packed with ADDs to the rafters and a lot of confined spaces). I guess Dakota City wasn’t too bad for an open space? Most maps now are just a smidgen of Metropolis or Gotham. Or Central City umm park sized. No space to play.
  20. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

That's why I mentioned in the above post to have vehicle combat and chases in large maps like Metropolis and Gotham. I forgot about Dakota city. This would be something they could hse the massive maps for. In a way it would give a break to just the same routine of dailies we do to the point where we fall asleep from boredom doing them like chores. They came up with bases and people now enjoy base designing to the point where there's a community for it. There are base design contests. The same can be done with vehicles. Imagine people having races across town with their friends too. You could even set up upgrades for vehicle engines the same way thru set up damage levels based on gear stats now. Then Daybreak can start charging for different customizable skins, mods and weapons packs. The game needs some way to make more money to sell something nWolfpack a concept of wolfpacks.