Vanishing NPCs on Patrol Catastrophe

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by TechWarrior0329, Aug 28, 2018.

1. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I already reported this in game but here is what happened.

I was running the Patrol Catastrophe mission and working on the feat for attacking and defeating 66 venom vendors that are out cold on the floor at the beginning of the mission. I approached a pair of NPC laying on the ground and saw one start to get up. I positioned myself to attack since, for those they may not know, they don't become a target and you can not attack them until they are fully rezzed and ready. The red box indicting I was able to attack appeared and I started to attack but before I got off a single shot.... the NPC just vanished.. Now defeating them is no huge task but I don't have a single attack that can one shot one and certainly not so fast that they simply disappear.

Now it was a one time thing and I didn't attack and defeat about 5 or 6 other vendors with no issue but it was strange enough I thought I better report it. Hey I have 36 down and 30 more to go :) So with some luck a few more runs and I'll have the feat.

as for details.. nothing special to report I was on a CR 113 ALt (perfectly normal for that mission ) I was in DPS role with a Munitions alt. Nothing special about the attack.. It was a mob member so no need for my pets or my orbital strike or using my charm to enhance my night. In other word s I never touched my utility belt. Didn't use any consumables I just fired off my weapon ( always do that to ensure I am on target) and went to click on an attack in my tray and there was nothing to attack????? Now I'm sorry but 1 blast from my bow and arrow would not kill an NPC in that mission LOL