Test Discussion Valentine's Day Items and Feats

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by DCAutymn, Jan 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brad Sisto Well-Known Player

Here is some critique on the 2018 VDay Event

Pros
    • Instead of Collecting EVERY SINGLE base item new this year we have a set number we need to get. I really like the change to allowing us to get whatever base items we want for this year.
    • The Fireworks Aura is cute and its nice that it tints off our Color 3 like the Eel Construct Aura. I wish more auras did this.
    • The Kitty Backpack is cute and some will totally love it.
    • The Glitter Wings while contravercial over some seeing it 'negate the value of their Sin Wings collections' I actually really like and see a lot of people using it as it or with materials.
    • The choice of a Carnival theme for the base items I kinda like even though I would really like to see more Zamaron items similar to the Ice Dividers/Walls from Winter 2018. Yes most of the Carnival theme doesn't fit me or any of my characters but it provides for a great dynamic to play off of for those who do want a Fun House look. I would have loved for there to be a Mirror Divider so people could make a House of Mirrors though.
    Cons
    • The Seasonal Alert is only giving us 1 PRESTIGE. This should has got to be a joke a 4 man Alert Seasonal should be giving us 100 and a RAID like Antimonitor should give 800.
    • While it is great to be able to collect whatever new base items we want there are feats for 10 and 25 of them. 25 base items in my mind is utterly insane for a seasonal event. An episode sure but not a Seasonal. At a cost of 6 each the 10 is 60 and the 25 is 150. If you do EVERYTHING each day thats 10 a day but most people skip the Race so thats 9 a day so it can be completed in either 15 or 17 days respectively which is a lot of grind just for TWO 10 point BASE ITEM FEATS.
    • The 'New Year' grind is unfriendly to people who want Feats and to get more of the Old Items. Yes we could alt like crazy to get what we want and oh we do that but it prohibits people from being able to get some of this great stuff for their alts instead of just focusing purely on the main character. You had a GREAT mechanic you added for Winter Seasonal and its been ignored in both Anniversary and VDay... Come on we all LOVED WINTER and ground it on lots of alts.
    • When it came out last year the then new Mera quest baffled us all as it was a 1 off and we couldn't touch it again. Now come the 2nd year and we can't even do it once this year. I find this really really odd. Last year I really thought that this Mera quest should have been a WEEKLY as it was a nice little change of pace.
    • The Seasonal Race requires players to open their Journal to complete it something that the other quests in this seasonal do not. This causes a lot of confusion amongst players.
    • This Seasonal is a Unique one in that there are 3 locations that we have to visit for missions. We have Hal Jordan/Mister Freeze in their respective Gotham locations, Mera in the Gotham Open World and the Race in Downtown Metropolis. Our Map quick travel option only exists for the Jordan/Freeze location so unless you own a Teleporter with the Gotham/Met ports then you have to sit and fly/run/glide your way across the maps to get to the other two. I would rather have a MISSION sending us to Hal/Freeze and a PORT to the RACE.
    • The Collections for last years collection are still insanely hard to get
    What to Add Next Year
    • Make the Seasonal Alert give 100 Prestige
    • Base Items
      • Mirror Dividers and Walls for the Fun House lovers
      • Zamaron Crystal Dividers and Walls similar to the Ice ones from Winter 2018
      • Zamaron Crystal Floor/Cieling similar to the Sunstone ones.
      • Star Sapphire Base Totem - Star Saphire for the base, encase intruders and some other Totems in Crystal.
      • Zamaron Conversion Crystals like we saw on Zamaron with the other lanterns in them. These would make for some fun base items for people like the Brainiac ones and the Savage Stronghold Tubes.
      • Cupid Statues for bases
      • Cupid Fountain with running water. Look at Frozen Cupid Fountain and go from there.
      • Falling Rose Pedals Floor item. Setup to work like the Rain floor item instead of Snow Cloud Ceiling item. As a floor item we can put this more easily in League Halls.
      • Aphrodite Statues base and League Hall versions.
      • Place the Mera/Aquaman statues on the Seasonal Vendor. Statue requires having completed the collection to purchase.
      • Add a Zamaron Power Battery and an Amusement Mile Window/Portal base item
      • Zamaron Power Battery base item
    • Other Rewards
      • Zamaron Crystal Material using the same setup as the Arctic and Diamond Materials alter one of them to be the Violet Zamaron Crystals.
      • Add a Star Sapphire Backup with bonus damage in Zamaron/Lantern and Vday instances.
      • Add Star Sapphire Pet/Sidekick to summon to assist in battle.
      • Add Carnival Workers Backup with bonus damage in any Gang War Content
    • MIssions
      • Make the Mera mission a Weekly for extra currency but keep the base item a one off.
      • Make the Map Warp go to the Race and put a daily auto granted Mission sending us to Gotham to talk to Hal/Freeze.
      • Make all missions auto complete for Seasonals.
    • Like x 1
  2. darkgalahad Level 30

So far, the placement and use of base items from 2018 and 2019 have been pretty easy in both deco and gothic lairs. I have noticed that the wings take material changes well and in normal mode have only seen minor glitches in flight once but, now are pretty smooth. Also, is the server down again? I was trying to take a look at something and am getting world down screen , after doing a 330 MB download.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.